1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really would like some more options for facial expressions. Because of that I wonder if anybody ever did custom faceplates, or repaints?
Can you point me to the right guys?

I really would like some more options for facial expressions. Because of that I wonder if anybody ever did custom faceplates, or repaints?
Can you point me to the right guys?

This is the best option out there at the moment. It is a cast rom the Bale head from the DX12. I bought two - the paint apps are fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Cust...X02-DX12-Batman-Bruce-Wayne-NEW-/231096647468

Some members did offer custom replacements but they stop selling them a while ago.

This is the best option out there at the moment. It is a cast rom the Bale head from the DX12. I bought two - the paint apps are fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Cust...X02-DX12-Batman-Bruce-Wayne-NEW-/231096647468

Some members did offer custom replacements but they stop selling them a while ago.

Thanks for the input. I found this plate a couple of days ago, but in the pictures it seems the plate doesn't fit the cowl of the DX02 at all.
It seems to be designed for the DX12, thus the plates are too small for the cowl of the DX02.
You said you hade a couple of these. Do they fit your DX02 properly? If so these are instantly bought

You know anyone who would likely take commission on a repaint (perhaps within eu, otherwise in US?)

Did anyone ever sell modded necks for the sonar head that were shorter and took care of the giraffe neck problem?

Hi DW316,

I bought an extra magnetic neck post for my DX02 which should be here a couple of days from now.
I plan on doing the neck mod myself. Although the neck is not *really* too long, it sometimes looks like it is.
I think it has more to do with the overall proportions of the head. He is slightly too small.
Shortening the neck may help, though. At least I will give it a try.

The trick is to pry open the neck post. This shouldn't be too complicated.
Since I'd like to keep al stock items for this figure unmodified, I bought an extra neck.
As soon as the neck is open, you should see the neck connector (black/red/flesh color rubbery thing).
Now you have two options.
You either leave it out completely allowing the neck sit very deeply inside the body. It should sit relatively tight in the collar, So it shouldn't appear loose.
Second, you could scrape out the wall that keeps the neck rubber in place and insert a new wall that allows the neck connector to sit more deeply.
There are some pictures of someone inserting a penny as new wall.
I shall try the first option and see where it gets me

Here is a link to one of the topics about this
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?114688-DX02-Neck-mod

And this one
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-DX-02-TDK-BATMAN-full-spec-and-pics/page1199

The magnetic neck post actually looks good on the figure. It's the LED one for the sonar that is way to long. Is this the same process for the LED neck?

I'm terribly afraid to mod the neck because I don't have the smallest hands and I'm horrible at things like this. I don't want to risk breaking it and needing to buy a new one. It's like $100 for a new one.

I'm terribly afraid to mod the neck because I don't have the smallest hands and I'm horrible at things like this. I don't want to risk breaking it and needing to buy a new one. It's like $100 for a new one.

Does the neck from DX12 work on DX02? I'm still planning on picking up a DX02 at some point.

I think it's slightly smaller so no. Plus I tried putting the DX02 neck on the DX12 I think but it was loose.

The neck adapters are slightly different. That's why I will need a ttm slim neck adapter or sand one down in order to fit the Bruce Wayne headsculpt on the dx02.
Thus, I believe the neck of the dx12 will not fit the dx02 without modification.

The images and at least one link I posted is specifically about the sonar head neck (first link).
But since I haven't done the mod yet, I can't say how complicated/difficult it really is

Yeah, I really don't want my sonar sculpt to go to waste, especially since I bought the DX02 primarily for that, but I have the DX12 Bruce head on it now w/ the backpack.

I just finished shortening the magnetic neck post on my DX02 for the PERS head.
I always thought the neck was too long...
what I did it pry open the neck with a pair of pliers (put them inside the neck and open the pliers gently).
This was actually quite difficult. The neck is glued together and it takes quite a bit of force so I had to be very careful not to break the neck.
But once the neck popped open everything was fine. Just took out the rubber neck adapter, click back together and finis.

Now the neck sits considerably deeper (3-4 mm) in the body. Because the neck is no longer attatched to the body,
it can be moved to any position you want. The neck sits snug enough in the suit.

But now I have the feeling that the proportions of the DX02 head are more evident.
It seems just a tad too small. I wonder if I should buy a DX12 head... or maybe it is not the head itself but the neck.
The neck is quite narrow and may be what is causing the proportions to look off...

The DX02 is actually bigger than the DX12 no? At least mine is.... color is also slightly different I think. Do you have pics of how it looks?

Looks like they are about the same size in this picture.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...TMAN-BRUCE-WAYNE-Full-Specs-amp-Pics/page1328

But the DX12 neck is wider, that's probably why I think the proportions are a little better.
I bought a DX12 head with neck today. It will take a couple of weeks before it's here, but I'll post some pictures of all the combinations.
I'll see what I can do about some pictures of the modded DX02 later.

Here you can see somebody already did what I have in mind:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...TMAN-BRUCE-WAYNE-Full-Specs-amp-Pics/page1059

The thread includes comparisn pics from a DX02 head on the DX12 neck in comparison to the DX12 head.
I'm not sure yet if I keep the DX12 head, but certainly the neck is more to my liking.
Also, I bought a custom faceplate for each DX12 and DX02. So many combinations...

It's slightly taller and wider, and has taller ears.

Oh wait, I misread your post. I thought you were referring to the sonar neck. I always found the magnetic one on the DX02 to be just fine. It was the sonar neck that was really out of portion and I could have get it looking normal at any angle I shoot.

No, no, I was talking about the magnetic neck. I don't have the sonar on display.
But the procedure for the sonar neck is the same.

I know that the sonar neck is even worse for the dx02 but I find the magnetic neck too long as well.
That's why I did the mod

image.jpg

This is after the neck mod.
For the record, the following mods were done

Neck mod
Dx12 belt (had to shorten it to make it fit)
Tony Meis long custom cape

Seeing my figure right now, I think the head is fine.
It's just the slim and cylindrical neck that's off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 289
I did nothing to the eyes. Some pictures really make them look awful, but actually they are just fine. You should avoid having to look at him from below, that's it.
With the head tilted slightly downward and a bit of PERS adjustment can achieve tremendously cool looks

Nice pics, makes me want a DX02 even more.

Did you do anything to the PERS or is it just angled right to make the eyes not as big?

It's a nice figure as a statue- the rubber suit does not allow for much dramatic posing....the DX12 does. I still like my DX02

Back