1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Guys I have a question regarding a trade/buying on this figure. I had initially bought this from my HT dealer in Thailand (Im from India and I will come to all the complications we have regarding Paypal and Western Union and the lack of ANY toy store in the country etc etc later in the post) However it was MIB for a year or more now and when I opened it, the oil had made the rubber poof out and the rubber peeled off my fingers :( I was disappointed and my dealer being a gentleman reimbursed me (I did this deal in person)

I have been looking to buy a DX02 for a LONG time now, and one fellow boardie gave me an offer in reply to my WTB post. No one seems to want to ship internationally to a place like India with USPS Express Mail International, However the member was kind enough. He offered me a price which is pretty steep but still workable with shipping.

Deal is our country has issues with transfer of payment. I had to find a friend who had an existing account, pay him a cut so that I would be allowed to transfer money via his account. Deal is his shipping address and mine are in opposite ends of our country. And I may incur another $100 and more to ship it from there to me securely.

My boardie seller refuses to ship to an unconfirmed address (mine) and will want it as a gift if he has to ship unconfirmed. Another thing is my Paypal friends address is not one where he stays. His parents stay in that address while he studies in another part of the country.

I dont know if I should take a leap of faith and send the money as a gift in two parts (The sum is too big to send as one as per regulations here) Guys please give me your opinion on what I should do

Should I make him ship to the confirmed address where there are people who are not really capable of understanding whats coming and recieve mail. Or gift him the amount and hope the thing comes through to me directly.
The seller in question has 3 confirmed reviews and 100% positive feedback. And is pretty prolific in the For Sale threads :)

Thanks guys, since I dont know the technicalities of paypal and what benefits I get on gifting or sending I had to ask this question. I hope my long post doesnt bother anyone here :)

-Why can't you get your own Paypal account? It seems that would resolve the buyer's apprehensions, as well as potentially save you quite a bit of money (since you wouldn't have to ship it twice).

-From what little you've told, my gut feelings is that the seller is simply trying to cover himself because, in all honesty, your situation is an extremely difficult situation for a seller to be involved in. I would do the same thing if I were him.

As a seller, I actually saw your WTB thread, but I decided to pass on it, since shipping to a place like India is complicated and risky enough as it is for a seller (and that doesn't include your apparent Paypal and extra shipping difficulties). Chances are, the seller feels largely the same way I did - but he is still trying to make it work out.

That being said, there's always a chance that he's taking advantage of your vulnerable situation, knowing you'd have to take a chance (since you will have to take a chance no matter what, as long as you don't have your own paypal account).

I think chances are more likely that this isn't true, and that he really is an honest seller and just trying to cover himself - but it's your money, so ultimately it's your call.

-Why can't you get your own Paypal account? It seems that would resolve the buyer's apprehensions, as well as potentially save you quite a bit of money (since you wouldn't have to ship it twice).

-From what little you've told, my gut feelings is that the seller is simply trying to cover himself because, in all honesty, your situation is an extremely difficult situation for a seller to be involved in. I would do the same thing if I were him.

As a seller, I actually saw your WTB thread, but I decided to pass on it, since shipping to a place like India is complicated and risky enough as it is for a seller (and that doesn't include your apparent Paypal and extra shipping difficulties). Chances are, the seller feels largely the same way I did - but he is still trying to make it work out.

That being said, there's always a chance that he's taking advantage of your vulnerable situation, knowing you'd have to take a chance (since you will have to take a chance no matter what, as long as you don't have your own paypal account).

I think chances are more likely that this isn't true, and that he really is an honest seller and just trying to cover himself - but it's your money, so ultimately it's your call.

Well heres the deal. To open a Paypal account here we have to show a LOT of paperwork. Our govt has LOTS of regulations, the banking system of India is NOT like the rest of the world. From the credit to everything, thats why we didnt get hit by the recession that much. Being involved in a Business I dont want officials of the various revenue departments come to take bribes at my doorstep when I open a Paypal account. India is currently undergoing a MASSIVE legal battle with the Swiss bank to recover Black Money hid by Politicians which amount over 500 billion $'s. Thats why Western Union in India doesnt transfer funds to international places from here coupled with a lot of crap.

My friend is still a student and has connections with banking fellows and his dad is a big shot in the tax department. No ones gonna question him, Thats why I went with him.

I can gift the amount to the seller, and like I said its a LOT of money for us, trust me we take risks to buy NECA figures! each NECA figure costs us around $50 and more to get it here :) being passionate about the hobby and having the resources I still dig into it.

Maybe I should take the leap of faith right? BTW my seller never posted on the WTB thread though, he contacted me via PM is that regular? or are there any rules. But he has 3 reviews and 100% +ve feedback.

I really want the deal to go through

I just googled Paypal in India, to see what you are talking about. God that stinks, almost dead as a service in your country. :(

not to be paranoid but 3 feedbacks is not a lot and you do not know if it were maybe just small transaction. when did he/she join and how many posts. Maybe read up on his contributions to this forum to get a sense of his worth.......
Same goes the other way and sorry to say but I would not likely sell you anything unless it is going to a paypal certified location. Maybe in light of the situation and your desire to own it and possibly his price being quite high you can get him to reduce the price a lil to help you out with the cost but in return execute it so it is safe for both of you.

@Geil

The seller seems very genuine, currently Im going with him shipping to the Paypal certified location. Ive wanted this figure too long to take any risks anymore, and with the previous debacle I had with the Bats I sinerely hope this one will be a problem free figure and I can finally own it!
He's been a much longer member than me and his post count is almost double of mine. I saw his ebay profile and he has all +ve feedback, no neutral or negative at all. I dont see him post in discussions but he's quite active in the For Sale and WTB/Trade threads

Well heres the deal. To open a Paypal account here we have to show a LOT of paperwork. Our govt has LOTS of regulations, the banking system of India is NOT like the rest of the world. From the credit to everything, thats why we didnt get hit by the recession that much. Being involved in a Business I dont want officials of the various revenue departments come to take bribes at my doorstep when I open a Paypal account. India is currently undergoing a MASSIVE legal battle with the Swiss bank to recover Black Money hid by Politicians which amount over 500 billion $'s. Thats why Western Union in India doesnt transfer funds to international places from here coupled with a lot of crap.

Wow. I knew India had a very corrupt government (with bribery being the expected, everyday norm), but I figured since Paypal was an international company, that you'd be able to go around the whole Indian problem yourself and do it all on-line without the government getting involved. It sounds like that's not doable, which really sucks for you guys.

Maybe I should take the leap of faith right?

Well, here's the deal with what you're asking him to do. By saying "I don't want to send it gift, but I want you to send it to a different address than the Paypal certified address,", you're basically saying two things to the seller:

A) "I don't trust you 100% (so I want to be covered)"

B) "I want you to trust me 100% (since you won't be covered at all)"

The reason for B is that, if it's not a gift payment and he sends the product to a non-certified address, then Paypal will probably side with you in a dispute - even if he has documentation proving he did mail the item. So even if you do get the item (at your non-certified address), you can raise a dispute and get your money back - which would screw him and basically get you a free DX Batman.

Now if you don't want to trust a seller 100% and want to cover yourself, that's perfectly understandable. But you shouldn't expect the seller to take a risk on your behalf if you're not willing to take the exact same risk, you know?

BTW my seller never posted on the WTB thread though, he contacted me via PM is that regular? or are there any rules.

No, that's normal, and nothing to be worried about.

I have a question about the DX...which headsculpts do you prefer? I feel like the PERS look a little bit wonky at times.

I have a question about the DX...which headsculpts do you prefer? I feel like the PERS look a little bit wonky at times.

I like the PERS sculpt best of all. It only looks wonky if you try to make it look wonky.

The angry faceplate is my favorite. Makes the figure intimidating.

Yep. PERS = options, paint = only 1 option.

And it's not like every option is wonky for PERS anyways, just find a good angle and pretend they're painted if bothers you that much.

Hi guys, i got a OC Bale Head to display the dx without the mask, like in the Hong Kong scene when he is about to jump. Do you think I´ll need to mod the neck post to do this? Any extra ideas?
Thanks!

Hi guys, i got a OC Bale Head to display the dx without the mask, like in the Hong Kong scene when he is about to jump. Do you think I´ll need to mod the neck post to do this? Any extra ideas?
Thanks!

I think you will need a V1 Batman neck post as the Bale head wont fit on the DX I think and even if it does his neck will look far tooo long.

Yep. PERS = options, paint = only 1 option.

And it's not like every option is wonky for PERS anyways, just find a good angle and pretend they're painted if bothers you that much.

thanks for the info. I need to pick up a new head for my medi.

Thanks!

You just need a standard Hot Toys long neck adapter. It comes with any Truetype. Plop the head on that, and stick the neck in the suit as normal.

I've got it on a DX figure, and it fits and looks fine to me.

it can be done as the holes for the shoulder attachment is the same but the bottom clips need to be adjusted or clipped off as the V1 shoulderblades are bigger

You just need a standard Hot Toys long neck adapter. It comes with any Truetype. Plop the head on that, and stick the neck in the suit as normal.

I've got it on a DX figure, and it fits and looks fine to me.

Cool, I have 1 of those!
Thanks a lot!

Back