MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are welcome. The mk3 is one you really want the instructions for.

Let me know if you can't read any of the pics. I can probably take better ones.

Still love this figure...
0007s.jpg

The only other IM figures I have is AR Tony, MKIII construction, MK33 Silver Centurion, War Machine Mk2, but the IM MkIII is my favorite!

I've used a dynamic stand for a couple of my DC figures. They hold up ok, but they don't have the weight in the base to keep them steady at certain poses and the pole can actually break or wear the threads out.

My advice if you want to use a dynamic stand look into picking up the new mk45 stand. It's designed for the diecast figures weight. Longer threads and heavier base plate.

You can work with the older stands but they are just a little to iffy for me to leave them in any pose longer then a few weeks. Tops. I ordered five of the new mk45 stands. It's a great stand.

That looks great dw. How does the stand seem with the weight of the figure, would you leave it like that indefinitely?

Thanks! :duff You just have to find a balance to it and it will hold up. I actually tested this DC III on the dynamic stand when I had him in a regular flight pose several months back, left him on it for almost 3 months before I went back to the superhero landing pose and there was no problem, no dips, it held strong. You just have to bend it so that it is supported below, or the weight of the figure will bend the rod, but it's not that hard to figure out and find something that works.

I didn't know the 45 came with a flight stand, was that a new addition? I didn't remember in the product description features but HT has been adding little things here and there (Flametrooper faux fire, Rey lightsaber, etc.) which is pretty cool of them. That's good to know, I might try to pick some up as well, thanks.

I can't recall if it was listed in the description for the 45 or not.

But it is a cool feature. It's got two swap out poles, one crotch type and one dynamic that's got extended threads so it's got more bite into the actual base. Which is also a lot heavier then the standard dio based.

I've used a dynamic stand for a couple of my DC figures. They hold up ok, but they don't have the weight in the base to keep them steady at certain poses and the pole can actually break or wear the threads out.

My advice if you want to use a dynamic stand look into picking up the new mk45 stand. It's designed for the diecast figures weight. Longer threads and heavier base plate.

You can work with the older stands but they are just a little to iffy for me to leave them in any pose longer then a few weeks. Tops. I ordered five of the new mk45 stands. It's a great stand.

Thanks! :duff You just have to find a balance to it and it will hold up. I actually tested this DC III on the dynamic stand when I had him in a regular flight pose several months back, left him on it for almost 3 months before I went back to the superhero landing pose and there was no problem, no dips, it held strong. You just have to bend it so that it is supported below, or the weight of the figure will bend the rod, but it's not that hard to figure out and find something that works.

I didn't know the 45 came with a flight stand, was that a new addition? I didn't remember in the product description features but HT has been adding little things here and there (Flametrooper faux fire, Rey lightsaber, etc.) which is pretty cool of them. That's good to know, I might try to pick some up as well, thanks.

Thanks for the info guys, I might see if can pick up a few extra stands, the Mark 45 in particular. :hi5:

Hey guys I recently purchase the DC Iron Patriot. Love the figure but I HATE the stand for it. Its just to big and bulky for my taste. Im pretty much a museum pose collector anyway, so my question is could I just use a standard Hot Toys stand with my Iron Patriot or would I have to worry about the metal crotch holder affecting the paint on him? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

IMmkIII060516.jpg
(opps looks like I need to dust my top shelf...)

Having missed out on the first mkIII figure I was happy to be able to order the Die Cast one when it came out. I still love this figure, and I could live with this one as THE Iron Man figure of my collection. I did however also pick up the Silver Centurion Mark 33 and I have the Mk2 War Machine.

I'm wondering if we know anything at all about future Die Cast figures from the older movies. I would LOVE to have the Mark VI armor. In fact I'm on the fence about if I want to go through the hassle to sell my Mk2 War Machine and get the Mk1 instead and I am pretty sure an announcement for Mark VI Iron Man would push me off the fence and I would plan to get both.

The only other Die Cast IM I would be tempted to get from previous films is the MK VII (Another one I missed out on- though I'd be happy with a plastic one for a reasonable after market price- maybe even the battle damaged one)

Hey guys I recently purchase the DC Iron Patriot. Love the figure but I HATE the stand for it. Its just to big and bulky for my taste. Im pretty much a museum pose collector anyway, so my question is could I just use a standard Hot Toys stand with my Iron Patriot or would I have to worry about the metal crotch holder affecting the paint on him? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My IP is very stable, I haven't needed to use a stand with him at all. I just have him posed directly on the shelf. He even passed the "Jump Test" ha! :lol

I was bored yesterday with my Mark III so I tried the articulated waist again (also had the fig longer so not scared of damaging it trying to pose it like I was before). So after I found the extra click in the knee joint bend, the ground pose came out almost perfect (again - scared of doing this the first time around). The left foot is now almost completely flat on the ground and looks great! Again just make sure you have bent the leg in the furthest it will go and ground pose is a snap (no pun intended).
How do you activate that extra click? I have mine in the landing pose, but it's inaccurate because of the foot being too low

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

How do you activate that extra click? I have mine in the landing pose, but it's inaccurate because of the foot being too low

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

You just bend it as far as it can't go anymore. Do you have a picture of yours for reference?

This was mine from a long while ago after unboxing and testing. I think later I realized I could rotate the back leg forward and bend at the knee one more time as well to get a more balanced look.

Back