MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad says this. You must be really old. :lol

How come HT didn't match the maroon of the first two Mark IIIs? :confused:

It's simple really Howie,or Howard was waxing his BMW at the time and said you know what? I love this red,I think I'll paint the new MK 3 the same **** color. No one will notice cause I'm ritch bit*h. True story.

:lol That's the million dollar question :huh Some have suggested they wanted to use the candy red so it would blend in with the 4-7 figs but no one is certain.

HT should've just gone with the maroon and gone the extra mile, fixing the proportions and improving the articulation. HT should've also abandoned that abdomen section...the fact that you can break up the figure into three pieces feels so cheap.

It's simple really Howie,or Howard was waxing his BMW at the time and said you know what? I love this red,I think I'll paint the new MK 3 the same **** color. No one will notice cause I'm ritch bit*h. True story.

That's probably what happened. :lol

Yeah, I agree with peoples' complaints but I like the MK3 a lot!

216A654955FCDE5F04A3C9

2634954955FCDE632A2D6D

2734F24955FCDE672BDB0A

It may not be maroon, but it is darker in person than a lot of photos (such as above) suggest.. It reminds me of a toffee apple.

InstagramCapture_1c7c6d91-ad9f-47c6-95da-2e2a1ec237cb.jpg

It might not be the most accurate, but I'm more than happy with mine!

Although.... id still trade it for a MK6 :rotfl

okay so I recieved mine today from a fellow board member. Right out of the box my first impression was "WOW" on the paint app. It does have a super high gloss to it but to me it looks freakin smooth! (Can I say freakin?) I did find the articulation very lacking after messing around with it but Im going to stick this in a gantry anyway. All I can say is that this DC version puts the last versions to shame!!! I was going to keep my old version and forget this one but Im glad I didn't. All and all I'm happy with it. If you nitpick at all of a figures flaws you will drive yourself mad. Half the time when I look at a hot toy, the movie flashes in my mind so I tend to oversee minor gripes and flaws. Nothing in this world is perfect...I've accepted it and moved on. Money well spent in my book ;)

Here is what IMO HT should have released to 100% satisfy my expectations.
I´m not too dissapointed but, as i said, there are some points that could be different to match better mark 3 armour.
Here is a comparision i quickly tweaked with PS.
I stole someone pic fot it :)
Dont know is i can upload animated gifs. I´m sharing an static one too just in case.

im.gif

comp_tweaked by inigou, en Flickr

Last edited:
The MKIV/VI figures have a fantastic front silhouette...

MKIV MKVI.jpg

The rubber panties also look better than the hip flaps and crotch gap.

I have the MKIII on order but the MKIV remains my favourite.

Ooooh niiiice. How would you rate the 5200? I'm in need of an up an upgrade, but I'm not sure how deep I wanna go...

anyway, can't wait to see some pics (if you take some)

I will :)

I'm no expert. But the 5200 serves what I need [for now]. I'm happy.

I enjoy the figures....even with the flaws: wrong paint, faulty paint, etc. I feel privileged to be able to purchase several figures a year. And I enjoy the back and forth on the boards concerning them. Debate on, my collector friends.

It's only after talking to the general public about the figures that you realize how small our community is.

Back