MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People initially complained because you couldn't do the ground punch. Now you can do the ground punch and people still complain.
You could do the ground punch many releases ago without the need to gut a useless torso and plug this twisted gimmick/junk in, so saying "now you can do the ground punch" holds no water.

You could do the ground punch many releases ago without the need to gut a useless torso and plug this twisted gimmick/junk in, so saying "now you can do the ground punch" holds no water.

Yup BD Mark 3 that long ago
e9f27f5dcc2ee859ecd5163e38f808b5.jpg

Why would I be talking about older releases? I'm talking about this one. When it was put up for PO there was no ab articulation of any kind and it couldn't do the ground punch.

Why would I be talking about older releases? I'm talking about this one.

You didn't specify that initially, and reading your post it didn't come off that way to me.
When it was put up for PO there was no ab articulation of any kind and there was complaints all around.

There's virtually no articulation now unless you swap torso and are stuck with 1 pose, so I'm guessing there will continue to be complaints all around. :huh

You didn't specify that initially, and reading your post it didn't come off that way to me.

There's virtually no articulation now unless you swap torso and are stuck with 1 pose, so I'm guessing there will continue to be complaints all around. :huh
The easy solution to that is not to buy it, huh? If I wasn't happy with a product I simply wouldn't buy it. It's a pretty nice looking figure to me.

The easy solution to that is not to buy it, huh? If I wasn't happy with a product I simply wouldn't buy it. It's a pretty nice looking figure to me.

Saying 'don't buy it' doesn't address the subject we were discussing and that was lack of torso articulation. I guess you agree that the final product lacks there?

I agree it looks nice, all the IM figs do imo.

Yup BD Mark 3 that long ago
e9f27f5dcc2ee859ecd5163e38f808b5.jpg

There was a little photo magic going on with those older releases though. This and the IV (there may have been others) were never able to actually achieve the pose that the proto pics promised.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that a proper ground pound wasn't doable until the DC figs with the leg release button, correct?

There was a little photo magic going on with those older releases though. This and the IV (there may have been others) were never able to actually achieve the pose that the proto pics promised.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that a proper ground pound wasn't doable until the DC figs with the leg release button, correct?

I'm able to do it with both the BD III and Mark IV...

Yep it's been doable nearly the whole time. I can do it with both the original mk3 versions. Not perfect but they do it.

Why would I be talking about older releases? I'm talking about this one. When it was put up for PO there was no ab articulation of any kind and it couldn't do the ground punch.

And those old figures have no ab crunch and can do it. This figure could do it without the extra accessory. It just makes it better and more stable.

It wouldn't matter if this thing was remote controlled and could get you a beer. People are always going to find something to complain about. Always.

Saying 'don't buy it' doesn't address the subject we were discussing and that was lack of torso articulation. I guess you agree that the final product lacks there?

I agree it looks nice, all the IM figs do imo.

Either you are happy with the articulation of the figure or you aren't. I think "don't buy it" sums it up pretty well. I'm a museum poser so ab articulation means little to me. If you yourself are unhappy with it, that's unfortunate. And the point I was making is that people went on about the lack of ab crunch and that it couldn't do the ground punch at all. While they didn't completely add it, they did do something to address the problem. And now that it can, people were STILL complaining. Either that is good enough for buyers or it isn't. If it's not, why waste $300?

And those old figures have no ab crunch and can do it. This figure could do it without the extra accessory. It just makes it better and more stable.

It wouldn't matter if this thing was remote controlled and could get you a beer. People are always going to find something to complain about. Always.

That seems to be the case. Personally, if I knew I was going to complain about a figure and wasn't satisfied with it, I'd spend the money elsewhere.

image.jpg
image.jpg

If they can do every pose as the ones with mythical ab articulation what exactly is the problem? If all you care about is which ones have the most joints...maybe go to a line like SH Fig that is all about articulation. Hot toys, unless I missed something, are about over all look and quality not joints. I have yet to see some significant pose that illustrates the issue. No one can explain to me why the current design is a problem. If it can do all the poses...what is the problem. No it doesn't have that .2 mill feature. But it does have an equal amount of articulation for the upper chest. And even if it didn't...what pose is it that is such a big deal that it makes ab crunch so important?

So what is about the ground punch that is important? I mean i get why people want ab crunch so they can get him into more poses, but do people only want the ab crunch for ground punch now?

So what is about the ground punch that is important? I mean i get why people want ab crunch so they can get him into more poses, but do people only want the ab crunch for ground punch now?

Idk honestly. I guess people use the ground punch as a way to gauge how well an articulation is. I couldn't care less honestly about the pose honestly :lol

As for the DC mark 3's abs, I'm not thrilled there's like no articulation, but I'm not put off by it. I'll probably have in a pretty neutral pose anyways.

Back