MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Tony used a red hue from Mazda for the Mark III:

fiat_story_reds.gif

:D

A cursory search for "hotrod red" came up with these:

3M_1080-G13S-500x500.jpg

gloss-hotrodred.jpg

A reference pic (not sure if movie accurate though)
14090.jpg

Another reference pic from if I recall correctly, was from the promo materials for the movie:
mark+armors.jpg

Why wouldn't Hot Toys just go with the red they used on the Mark IV? Then this would be perfect. Dark red, but not quite maroon.

The original Mark III was my first Hot Toys figure and my gateway into collecting. I still remember how excited I was opening it. I ended up having to sell it so there's no way I'm letting this pass, easy PO especially with the double rewards for the non ex.

Yeah but that dark maroon just doesn't look IM to me, his suits are red in the comics, and during this scene in the film it looks
more dark red than maroon.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah but that dark maroon just doesn't look IM to me, his suits are red in the comics, and during this scene in the film it looks
more dark red than maroon.

View attachment 127896

The scenes in Afghanistan are tinted in such a way as the III looks more maroon than the actual dark red. But side-by-side in the movie HoA the III is darker than the IV so it's not just colour grading.

HoA.jpg

I gather Hot Toys MK IV, VI and VII all use the same red? My IV looks pretty accurate to the movie...bit too glossy maybe. I'd say the III proto uses that same red...not some other lighter shade...and it only looks lighter (pink) in certain pictures with strong lighting.

Personally I hope the final is a shade darker than the MK IV, VI and VII in order to differentiate the piece in a line-up.

My one concern would be if HT are using a lighter shade of red because despite their statement that diecast figures will not suffer from 'pink panties', they are not as confident about that fact with a darker maroon, as they make out.. a lighter shade of red might make any fading less noticeable?

The color topic has been beaten to death over at RPF. The closest dark red to the Mk3 seems to be the Nissan Merlot Red. And yes it's most definitely a darker shade of red than what was used in the later armors.

Back