MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks impressive to me, I'm not really that fussy on all the detailing being 100% accurate myself, as long as it looks like Iron Man then I'm happy. :)

It looks impressive to me, I'm not really that fussy on all the detailing being 100% accurate myself, as long as it looks like Iron Man then I'm happy. :)

:lol im sorry but if im getting a $300 figure who's main selling point is being a 1/6 detailed representation of something straight from a movie, you bet I'll nitpick. :wink

Well this would be the 4th attempt at the Mark 3 (v1, v2 battle damaged, Armour Unleashed as it's technically the same) so you'd expect the accuracy to increase with each attempt. Incidentally, the helmets were a lot more accurate on the IV/VI. The wider peak all started on the VII.

I don't know if you can use something other than plastic, though. Metal would just grind on metal.

Plus the cheap alloy they'd use would probably be subject to stress fatigue in short order, and we're at the same problem as with the Mk 42. Plastic's not the problem. Get even a cheap knock off body, and it takes a good amount of force to disassemble one at the joints via the application of brute strength. More than you would ever use in normal "play".

:lol im sorry but if im getting a $300 figure who's main selling point is being a 1/6 detailed representation of something straight from a movie, you bet I'll nitpick. :wink

Don't talk like that in the Mk VII LSF thread where people are dropping over 2 grand for a hot mess.

Fair point, I seem to keep forgetting I've paid a hefty wedge of cash for these figures because I pay my retailer so much a month & by the time they come out they are just sent to me..., I've had the mark 42 paid for last July, can't believe I paid for something & over a year later I've still not got it..., I have since reduced my monthly payments though & tried to time it so that the last one is the estimated release date rather than how I used to pay for things (which was well in advance). :)

I'm getting the MKIII to complete my core Avengers team... light armor Thor, Stealth suit Cap, Hulk, and this. I'd like to have a Wolverine and Spidey in there too.

I prefer to actually get figures from the Avengers to represent my Avengers team.To each his own.

I prefer to actually get figures from the Avengers to represent my Avengers team.To each his own.
It's a "unique" Avengers line up. I prefer to have my favorite version of each character, as I think these are better than the actual Avengers line.

As you said, to each his own.

The more I look at other Iron Man figures the more I like this one. Nothing compares to it for classic appeal and just a great, unfussy, streamlined appearance. Really pleased it's in the future and I'm not looking at an ebay listing for three times retail.

It's a "unique" Avengers line up. I prefer to have my favorite version of each character, as I think these are better than the actual Avengers line.

As you said, to each his own.

Problem with that is your favorites may change with later film versions.

Problem with that is your favorites may change with later film versions.
True enough. Some of the folks here will collect every figure just to complete a line, which is great if they have the money. I don't have a huge excess of spending money so i tend to collect characters that have personal importance or my favorite versions.

True enough. Some of the folks here will collect every figure just to complete a line, which is great if they have the money. I don't have a huge excess of spending money so i tend to collect characters that have personal importance or my favorite versions.

Collecting the entire Avengers or the upcoming AoU line is surely murder on the wallet, but it's not too bad if that's all you collect. If you want figures from several other lines/properties however....

Collecting the entire Avengers or the upcoming AoU line is surely murder on the wallet, but it's not too bad if that's all you collect. If you want figures from several other lines/properties however....

Yea I've learned the hard way. I wanted everything I seen when I first started collecting hot toys. Unless you're very wealthy, sticking to one or two lines is the way to go. Besides my iron man armors, I only have hulk and spidey. I'm also a batman fan so the armory and Bank robber joker is also on my radar, but then back to iron man lol

collecting multiple lines is the problem with me. I started out with just the batman stuff. Then added terminator, star wars, superman, predator, etc....

I really want the new T1 Terminator, but have to possibly pass due to financial issues. Oh well. This hobby can keep you honest. :)

Back