MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw an older suit getting the diecast treatment I was thrilled, I'd been hoping they'd make more diecast figures & this one gave me the hope that the rumour of the first 7 suits being remade in the diecast format, might actually come to pass. :) Plastic is fine though, I just think metal is better & it gives a greater sense of accuracy to the suits too..., plus I like the weightier figures, makes them more stable (in theory).

When I saw an older suit getting the diecast treatment I was thrilled, I'd been hoping they'd make more diecast figures & this one gave me the hope that the rumour of the first 7 suits being remade in the diecast format, might actually come to pass. :) Plastic is fine though, I just think metal is better & it gives a greater sense of accuracy to the suits too..., plus I like the weightier figures, makes them more stable (in theory).

I agree. Totally like the figures being I diecast over plastic

Good question....might bethe way they go there....and maybe a plastic "Power Pose" one for the more budget-minded (if that line isn't dead that is).

Glad I pulled the trigger for this one though...think it will look pretty cool displayed with my Mark 1 (2.0) figures....

Guys,

ANY possible chance a waitlist order for the ex) I placed today will convert? Or you think it's lights out at this late stage?...

Looks kind of underwhelming here, but it is probably still in prototype stage. And yes, it should convert. I pre-ordered maybe a week after it was unveiled, the EX, still hasn't converted but I'm not losing sweating one bit.

10641032_775184312543561_6788097762878263204_n.jpg

Looks kind of underwhelming here, but it is probably still in prototype stage. And yes, it should convert. I pre-ordered maybe a week after it was unveiled, the EX, still hasn't converted but I'm not losing sweating one bit.

10641032_775184312543561_6788097762878263204_n.jpg

Yeah doesn't help he's the only one in a neutral pose

Along the lines of what bransen said, yeah, it's the only one in a "blah" pose. Plus, it's an old armor that's being done in DC, every other figure there is new.

Is the DC a different mold with new proportions compared to the plastic release?

Yes and yes. New mold because it's die cast. And updated better proportions. Though it may not still be perfect in some peoples eyes, I think it looks really good myself. The designers of the movie look intentionally made the mk3 suit unrealistically proportioned so as to keep a more human look. They knew the suit would never in real life fit a person and all the tech but thought it better to make iron man appear more like a man then a robot. The follow up mark armies get increased realism but when iron man 1 came out it was not known how or if the film would do well so they did everything to hedge bets. After it's huge success they knew they could change and update the armor. So the mk3 will never look perfect, compared to others, but it was and is a great look anyway. To me at least. I can understand if you don't like it though

Yes and yes. New mold because it's die cast. And updated better proportions. Though it may not still be perfect in some peoples eyes, I think it looks really good myself. The designers of the movie look intentionally made the mk3 suit unrealistically proportioned so as to keep a more human look. They knew the suit would never in real life fit a person and all the tech but thought it better to make iron man appear more like a man then a robot. The follow up mark armies get increased realism but when iron man 1 came out it was not known how or if the film would do well so they did everything to hedge bets. After it's huge success they knew they could change and update the armor. So the mk3 will never look perfect, compared to others, but it was and is a great look anyway. To me at least. I can understand if you don't like it though

If Adi Granov knew you were talking about his favourite armour design like this, he'd be pretty damn annoyed lol! :lol

I'd love to read that stuff man, it's not something I've come across before. What's your source?

I found that an interesting read & I didn't know about that so thanks for sharing. :) I was sold on this as soon as I saw the word diecast, love the use of metal over plastic & I really hope they make the other early versions in the diecast format, at least 1-7 & I'll be happy. :)

If Adi Granov knew you were talking about his favourite armour design like this, he'd be pretty damn annoyed lol! :lol

I'd love to read that stuff man, it's not something I've come across before. What's your source?

I'm sure it's written in one of the art books or on the DVD extras. Though I'm unsure which. I'll see if I can locate something. But a lot of my info comes from Stan Winston studios(which handled the prac effects on the first film) and people that worked on the film directly. Myself and some family (dad, uncle, ex) have worked in the industry. But I know I've seen it quoted before somewhere.

As for Avi, I don't think he would mind anything I said. Especially since he was involved in the design. I believe it was him that said he didn't want it to look like a man in a suit, especially mentioning robocop and c3po ect.

Back