MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an excellent looking figure, and I'm a museum poser... But it doesn't seem right for my War Machine to have more articulation than IM.
Hmm...

As Brainiac said in another thread...It's all Hammer baby!

tumblr_inline_ml92g5oXSH1qiukbq.jpg

I'm a museum poser, but even in museum poses, ab articulation helps in making a more natural neutral stance, which can also help in giving balance to the center of gravity, making figures stable even without the aid of a stand. [...].

Exactly this. 90% of the time I use neutral stances; but the anatomy of the figure needs to hang together in a very subtle way to sell the illusion.

Hoping for a better Mark IV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again I'm considering switching to the Mk43. It'll be my first and only IM for a long while, so I want to be satisfied with it. As was previously said, articulation helps even museum posers for a more natural stance.

Mk3 is such a great looking fig but I don't want limitations.

Once again I'm considering switching to the Mk43. It'll be my first and only IM for a long while, so I want to be satisfied with it. As was previously said, articulation helps even museum posers for a more natural stance.

Mk3 is such a great looking fig but I don't want limitations.

I thought about that, but I'd just flip it if they do a Mark IV...of course a IV ... If made... could be years away.

I thought about that, but I'd just flip it if they do a Mark IV...of course a IV ... If made... could be years away.

The Mark IV looks as good as III so if they ever remake it I'll get that. The 43 is probably the last of the mechanical looking armors, so it won't be a bad replacement. Not a fan of the organic look of the 45.

I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards the 43, I don't want to feel restricted even if I'll never go with action poses... If that makes sense.

Tough call but I cancelled my ex since ultimately what I really want as my sole representation of IM is Mark IV. This is a beautiful figure, though, and I imagine it'll be in demand once it sells out but I don't buy to flip.

The Mark IV looks as good as III so if they ever remake it I'll get that. The 43 is probably the last of the mechanical looking armors, so it won't be a bad replacement. Not a fan of the organic look of the 45.

I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards the 43, I don't want to feel restricted even if I'll never go with action poses... If that makes sense.

Agreed on all other counts, but I'm not sure I want the hassle of flipping; I don't like the idea of "placeholders" generally.

And yes, your last point makes perfect sense.

Tough call but I cancelled my ex since ultimately what I really want as my sole representation of IM is Mark IV. This is a beautiful figure, though, and I imagine it'll be in demand once it sells out but I don't buy to flip.

Agreed. I try not to buy to flip, although I've jettisoned more than a few pieces while I figure out what I really like, but selling is a hassle. I've been lucky and only lost money a couple of times, but it's not even the money; it's the time.

I have the Mark IV, but I also have this on order. I'm thinking about cancelling this and sticking with the IV as my main armor, but I don't want to lose my NRD. :gah:

Yeah, burning the NRD does suck but I'd rather lose the $30 than pay shipping, duties and then try to sell it. I'd really have to wait until it completely sold out just to break even, so it's too much hassle.

Agreed. I try not to buy to flip, although I've jettisoned more than a few pieces while I figure out what I really like, but selling is a hassle. I've been lucky and only lost money a couple of times, but it's not even the money; it's the time.

Yeah, I buy to keep. I've only sold one figure and took a slight loss on it, but oh well. I'm not a big IM fan and really only want one to complete my Avengers lineup, so I wanna make sure I get one I'll be satisfied with. Doubt I'll ever have two.

Me too. Only need one; favourite film was the first one, but if pressed favourite armour is probably the IV.

I had the Mark VII but the proportions started bugging me. Broke even on the resale.

This will be my only IM figure represented in my collection. I have to down size.I started collecting in 2013. I can't keep up with all these releases and prices. Completist in me is cured.

It's the usual cycle that happens every Hot Toys Iron Man release:
  • Announcement - Hell yeah I'm getting this/Iron Man again?!?
  • Proto pics - "The proportions are off...."
  • Price announcement - "That's too expensive...." (rambles on the good old days when they cost less than $200
  • Wait to release - Talks about off-topic things, sometimes talks about its price and movie inaccuracies
  • Release - "Hell yeah my figure is coming/Why didn't I pre-order this?"
  • Figure on hand - Sees photos from owner, starts wanting one (if they didn't already want one)
  • New Iron Man out - forgets about this figure for the newest and greatest Hot Toys release (cycle starts for that figure)
  • Figure sold out - Buys it aftermarket at ludicriously high prices :D

You left out...

Nah, I'm gonna wait for [insert movie which is one/two years away] version.... In the case of Iron Man at the moment in the D/C range it is avoiding the 3 to pick up either a battle damaged version later, or a 6 or 7... none of which may ever be announced...

The gap between arm and torso can easily closed with the shoulder pads, they're all moveable and definately meant for hiding the gap. The missing abs crunch is definately a step back, which i didnt realized during reviewing...also the amount of diecast pieces really can lead for discussion and probably the term "diecast" figure is a bit misleading on this figure. The diecast pieces are only these: the thighs, kneed and the shin guards...and maybe some small parts on the torso (the metal bars around on the upper chest). So this is really a letdown..i was so thrilled from owning a mark III when doing the vid that I totally missed this. ;)

Some more photos:
5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

So as you see here the gap is really not noticeable:
11.jpg

Back