MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may seem crazy to the average collector, but for the you tube reviewers I am sure it works out to their benefit for views as well as having the figure themselves.

My girlfriend supports the fact that I am a grown man spending far too much money on action figures (her dad has been a collector of classic toys all her life) but even so I don't tell her exactly how much I spend on certain figures as even I think it's a little crazy. For an outsider, even spending $200 probably seems ridiculous, but we all do it.
Each to their own, Xeno is no more or less stupid than the rest of us are. I for one am greatful he did as I am gonna check out his review video as soon as I get some free time.

Xenomorph paid $500 to get this early? Wow. Then again, I probably shouldn't be talking about that kinda thing. I've spent $300+ on a custom head for a sixth scale figure before.

Xeno does good reviews but I think people get a tad put off when he says how much he had to pay for something to get it early. Should be between him and who he bought it from since a lot of us are getting these things for retail and shouldn't factor in the review imo.

I'm guessing that those who are commenting on the price being almost double/stupid etc are from the USA.

You have to remember that alot of collectors are outside of the US. Of which for us to collect these pieces even at our retail stores can be significantly more then what individuals in the USA are lucky enough to pay.

Though it wouldn't be double for most international collectors if we purchased from our own local retailers but it can be 1.5 times more when taking into consideration falling currency values, higher delivery and custom duties/taxes. Also it can sometimes be months after the US collectors receive theirs.

Does that make all international collectors's 'stupid'? Also the benefits of a youtuber probably offset some of the higher costs.

Greatly appreciate your videos Xeno.

Thanks for the discussion guys. I don't do this too often but i want to give some insights: It's not easy...international collecting is so different than being in the US and enjoiying retail prices of Sideshow. I mean: I can't even order from SSC anymore, it always says "its restricted to ship..."...so they artificially limit this.

550 with EMS for the IM3 is crazy, thats for sure (its like turning the brain off when you pay that invoice....). But the upprice if I'd buy it from sideshow (if I could...) would me a mere 100 usds. And that alone is fine for me to get it early. My youtube channel is still (and will be) only a side hobby, i got some adword money back but its like nothing compared to the uprice. So i concentrate on specific pieces I want to show (mainly Iron Man, Predatpr and Terminator). I'd love to present you the other lines like Metal Gear solid, but it does just not fit the budget.

You know i'm very neutral and won't get into harming positions, so these are just my 2 cents on my background. Thanks for every positive comment and feedback on my video production.

So here's the video review on the Mark III. I never owned the earlier ones, so for anybody seeking a comparison...not here and i'm sure other

European collectors get killed when it comes to prices, whether they buy from HK, other parts of Asia or the US.

Thanks for the vids, xeno, they're greatly appreciated. :duff

I'm guessing that those who are commenting on the price being almost double/stupid etc are from the USA.

You have to remember that alot of collectors are outside of the US. Of which for us to collect these pieces even at our retail stores can be significantly more then what individuals in the USA are lucky enough to pay.

Though it wouldn't be double for most international collectors if we purchased from our own local retailers but it can be 1.5 times more when taking into consideration falling currency values, higher delivery and custom duties/taxes. Also it can sometimes be months after the US collectors receive theirs.

Does that make all international collectors's 'stupid'? Also the benefits of a youtuber probably offset some of the higher costs.

Greatly appreciate your videos Xeno.

As a New Zealander, to get a figure from Australia, sometimes it is there or thereabouts to ordering from Sideshow, sometimes quite a lot more expensive. The dollar makes a big difference too. I have saved good money on one or two from the US several months ago. Now when you do the exchange rate it isn't quite so favourable.

In New Zealand, it can be a lot worse. Online prices within NZ can be really expensive. The only time I would have saved money with a sixth scale so far was the Mk43, as the exchange rate and a customs charge (due to it being over $400) pushed the whole thing over $600... But, I got the EX, and I have it now, not in several months time..

I can appreciate that you guys are upset that you pay more but Sideshow is a US based distributor. Kinda comes with the territory.

As a New Zealander, to get a figure from Australia, sometimes it is there or thereabouts to ordering from Sideshow, sometimes quite a lot more expensive. The dollar makes a big difference too. I have saved good money on one or two from the US several months ago. Now when you do the exchange rate it isn't quite so favourable.

In New Zealand, it can be a lot worse. Online prices within NZ can be really expensive. The only time I would have saved money with a sixth scale so far was the Mk43, as the exchange rate and a customs charge (due to it being over $400) pushed the whole thing over $600... But, I got the EX, and I have it now, not in several months time..

When I first started this hobby the Aussie dollar was worth more then the USD. Now it's in the 0.70s. And it's just going lower, and all future preorders are significantly higher the before. Much more noticable when purchasing PFs and other statues.

I can appreciate that you guys are upset that you pay more but Sideshow is a US based distributor. Kinda comes with the territory.

Yes it is expected, and understandable. We aren't saying anything against SS. Heck Hot Toys is based in the HK. But inflation really does hurt sometimes.

That one post earlier just rubbed me the wrong way.

Now off to watch Xeno's video......

They should be charged 10% more for scoring in their own net in the World Cup. :lecture

tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

That young woman is a human being and has a family. Monster! :ohbfrank:

Just watched Xeno's video.

And the people who want the landing/ground punch pose will definately be happy.

I've tried it many times on the Iron Patriot and Mark 42, and though it can be done (sort of), usually the body is just not as compact, or the head not tilted up quite enough.

Just watched Xeno's video.

And the people who want the landing/ground punch pose will definately be happy.

I've tried it many times on the Iron Patriot and Mark 42, and though it can be done (sort of), usually the body is just not as compact, or the head not tilted up quite enough.

Yup, I wanted my stealth in that pose but, He wasnt having it.

Back