MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capture.JPG

It definitely is an improvement along the lines of the MK.II AU but I wouldn't say the proportions look any where close to being as good as the Mk.IV or 42. Great for anyone who's missing the Mk.III though, probably one of the hardest ones to get a hold of.

Last edited:
This one looks great in person. Definitely going on PO when SS puts it up. Got some pics for ya'

_MG_2437.jpg

_MG_2438.jpg

_MG_2439.jpg

It definitely is an improvement along the lines of the MK.II AU but I wouldn't say the proportions look any where close to being as good as the Mk.IV or 42. Great for anyone who's missing the Mk.III though, probably one of the hardest ones to get a hold of.
The proportions look spot on. Many seem to forget that the Mark 3 is skinnier overall compared to the suits that follow it.

Here's a side by side comparison with the 1/1 Scale Replica by Legacy Effects. Shoulders are slightly wider due to the articulation the figure is given.

14730909472_53cffe97ec_b.jpg

So this is just a diecast version of the AU? I was hoping they'd tweak the proportions. The head's still too narrow and sits too high, the neck's too thin (i wish they'd supply 2 versions, one for articulation and a shorter bulkier one for accuracy) and the shoulder pods are too big.

ftek.jpg

So this is just a diecast version of the AU? I was hoping they'd tweak the proportions. The head's still too narrow and sits too high, the neck's too thin (i wish they'd supply 2 versions, one for articulation and a shorter bulkier one for accuracy) and the shoulder pods are too big.

ftek.jpg

yeah..something about the prototype displayed at sdcc is bugging me, hopefully they can get it accurate to that 3d render of mark 3

ftek.jpg

FINALLY. Someone noticed that all the heads are too narrow. The Silver Centurion and 42 are better in proportion in that instance though. All the heads from the Mark II and on are like that.

i had decided last night I was going to skip this and concentrate on building the Avengers lineup using Centurion or possibly the 43... these photos are tempting me back now I seriously need to stop with this magpie syndrome!

Too often I am making a decision on what I am getting then something new or a new photo of something I decided I would pass on comes along and I am like "Ooooohhhhh....shiny!"

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't see proportional improvement on this compared to the original figure.

I'm not crazy after all. :yess:

I've been holding off on buying a HT Iron Man for years and came so close to overpaying on eBay a few times.
This guy is pretty much the only Iron Man figure I'll ever need/want!

Patience paid off...
:yess:

:hi5:
I was on the same boat. I've always fought the urge to purchase one on ebay for $300-$400 (depending on the condition) because this is the only Mk I am missing thats been released, but I refrained from pulling the trigger because it just didn't look that great (and I've had the Mk III and the Mk III BD previously but sold them because people were willing to pay $300-$400 for them). Glad this one is out :)

The lack of an ab crunch is really bringing down the figure. Posing already seems restricted. Especially after experiencing Iron Patriot/War Machine. Notice they didn't attempt to do the landing pose.

And just for that internal mechanics sculpt which I would only display with the Gantry anyway (Which I don't have) If they were so determined to have removable armor, they should've given us 2 torsos or maybe the mechanics could be a separate part which just lays on top of the jointed body.

I think I may be the only person who doesn't care about the lack of articulation on Iron Man figs. XD

You're not the only one. I think sacrificing too much accuracy for more articulation can make something look more like a toy and less like a miniature version of the real thing. I'm all for less articulation on the IM stuff, mainly around the head.

Back