Mission: Impossible 5- Rogue Nation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it. LOVED it!

Best Mission yet!

Ilsa Faust was awesome with a capital kick-A! Movie just jumped right into it and didn't waste time. Really fun ride. And the music rocked -- especially over the opening company credits. :lol

Motorcycle sequence and the girl made this movie!

This summer just keeps delivering.

Saw it, liked it, but I don't think I liked it as much as most people.

It was decent spy fare, but don't feel as energized over it as say, James Bond. I even liked Kingsman much more.

So far, out of this series, I think the 4th was the best.

I do have to hand it to Tom Cruise, for a 53 year old guy, he could just phone it in, but instead he goes all out.

I do have to hand it to Tom Cruise, for a 53 year old guy, he could just phone it in, but instead he goes all out.

No matter how mental the stunt, I kinda just watched the film assuming it was really him, knowing his reputation. Love the Cruiser, top movie star.

Best movie of the year so far! :lecture

anigif_enhanced-2250-1433299383-18.gif

Not certain why all the love for Ghost Protocol.

I'll have to watch it again, but I saw it in the theater and its completely unmemorable to me, except the tiresome finale in the automated parking garage.

Not certain why all the love for Ghost Protocol.

I'll have to watch it again, but I saw it in the theater and its completely unmemorable to me, except the tiresome finale in the automated parking garage.

GP was great

I'm recording it so I can see it again. Haven't seen it since the theater. I just don't remember it. Maybe because the villain was weak. But then all the villains have been weak so far except for this new one.

Davian was closest to a good challenge but he went out poorly.

I think this might just be the best in the franchise for me. Combined so well the espionage elements of the first and the kick ass action from the forth :rock

I liked MI5 as much as the last 2, solid effort throughout and was able to mix the more spy thriller elements from the first film with the crazy action sequences in the recent films. The car/bike chase scene was the best part of the movie for me. The villain here was definitely miles better than the boring Russian scientist in Ghost Protocol, but no Seymour Hoffman. Pacing in the last arc started to slow down a lot though and the finale didn't have much of a climax.

Lastly I'm not sure why all the love for Ferguson as Captain Marvel. I'm pretty sure she's actually a robot because her facial expressions don't change. Heck I just saw Ex Machina over the weekend and that damn robot displayed more emotion than Ferguson did!

No matter how mental the stunt, I kinda just watched the film assuming it was really him, knowing his reputation. Love the Cruiser, top movie star.

He is a MOVIE star- and puts out more effort for each film than a dozen other actors would combined. See RDJ or Bruce Willis even thinking about what Tom does in a film??

The whole Morocco sequence is the best action I've seen in a long time. It was really exhilarating to watch.

Damn shame we can't get a line of Cruise figures.

He is a MOVIE star- and puts out more effort for each film than a dozen other actors would combined. See RDJ or Bruce Willis even thinking about what Tom does in a film??

So true man, really good stuff. If you haven't seen it, check out the behind-the-scenes from Collateral of him doing handgun and close combat training. The guy is serious.

So true man, really good stuff. If you haven't seen it, check out the behind-the-scenes from Collateral of him doing handgun and close combat training. The guy is serious.

Collateral is one of my favorite movies of all time. Was great to see Cruise out of the hero role for once.

Collateral is one of my favorite movies of all time. Was great to see Cruise out of the hero role for once.

Was a good one for sure. Would love a high-end Vincent figure. Would love to see a Michael Mann ensemble film where he brings back many of the actors he has used in the past for another crime epic, though Heat is hard to top.

Was reading an interview with Mann awhile back talking about the prep work Cruise did for his role. Now I was familiar with the delivery driver in disguise bit, but apparently Cruise was given "targets" of the crew members to "assassinate" with a marker or something, and was able to do so without being discovered/ID'd beforehand.

Back