MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I've had the chance to see mine in proper lighting (especially natural light), the piece looks great. SSW dropped the ball and DM scored a TD. My SSW MT is now retired until I get MM (but not at the current selling prices). Hopefully, DM makes a MM to, once again, display what could have and should have been from SSW.

congerking said:
that sheet that says that YOUR NAME is a registered owner of Minas Tirith. I never got one, nor with my Barad-Dur. Not that I really care, but it would have been nice to get one.
I got one with my Barad-Dur, it's a bit silly of course, how can you be a "registered owner" if you have to fill in your name yourself there?

Darth Loki said:
Of course if SSW had made this one, it'd be the greatest environment EVER! I'm not exactly sure how much you're in SS's pocket, but how can you even compare these two? The DM has infinitely more detail, it's larger, and just plain looks 100X better.

You make valid point! I also fail to see how SSW is as good as DM. DM has ten times more detail and actually looks like an environment. :eek:

carbo-fation said:
You make valid point! I also fail to see how SSW is as good as DM. DM has ten times more detail and actually looks like an environment. :eek:

I've only seen the helms deep SSW environment i person, but from what the DMs I have, SSW has NOTHING on DM. DM is almost better in every single way when compared to the environments. Just hope they make more.

Looking at all the pictures of the environment and comparing them to the movies, I note that there was some crippled tree at the fountain in the movies, but it isn't there on the environment.

It seemed to have been of some importance, I wonder how it was missed? :rolleyes:

goliath said:
Looking at all the pictures of the environment and comparing them to the movies, I note that there was some crippled tree at the fountain in the movies, but it isn't there on the environment.

It seemed to have been of some importance, I wonder how it was missed? :rolleyes:

:lol Yeah, where is the white tree?? How could SS and DM have missed the most important part about Minas Tirith!! :confused:

goliath said:

You're joking right? You can't see that it IS there in the DM piece? Go look at some more pics earlier in this thread, it's there.

congerking said:
WOW...whoever said the SSW environ. are better than DM really needs their eyes checked. No comparison.

Couldn't have said it better myself. But we all must trust Josh's UNBIASED opinion :rotfl

Darth Loki said:
You're joking right? You can't see that it IS there in the DM piece? Go look at some more pics earlier in this thread, it's there.

Well, I was being sarcastic with the expression "some crippled tree", but not about the fact that it isn't there in the enviro.

Can you point me to the post # or picture where it can be seen? :confused:

goliath said:
Well, I was being sarcastic with the expression "some crippled tree", but not about the fact that it isn't there in the enviro.

Can you point me to the post # or picture where it can be seen? :confused:

Look at the pics in post #45. It's hard to see because it's so small, but you can make it out next to the fountain.

One is a larger scale environment statue the other is a jewelery box, not really fair to compare them both. Apples to Oranges I say. :peace

PS. Awesome nameplate. :rolleyes: I hate nameplates. That's why Star Wars PF's rule, no nameplates! INMO of couse. :monkey3

Fritz said:
One is a larger scale environment statue the other is a jewelery box, not really fair to compare them both. Apples to Oranges I say. :peace

PS. Awesome nameplate. :rolleyes: I hate nameplates. That's why Star Wars PF's rule, no nameplates! INMO of couse. :monkey3

I'm not big on the nameplate either. The only thing I don't like about the Lurtz PF or the SW busts.

The nameplate on this isn't nearly as noticable as the Barad-Dûr piece is. This one is really small.

Back