Statue Mike Mignola HELLBOY comics version by FARIBOLES PRODUCTIONS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone with this statue does the back of the cape scraped against the base? This is bugging me.

Yes, but nothing serious like a paint scratch or anything like that. It's just touching the base, lightly. I think it's made by purpose, because the statue's weight is more alocated to it's back part (the flowing cape), so to make Hellboy not leaning backward, they made a small part of the cape touching the base just properly to make him stay in position.

Please forgive my bad English.

Yes, but nothing serious like a paint scratch or anything like that. It's just touching the base, lightly. I think it's made by purpose, because the statue's weight is more alocated to it's back part (the flowing cape), so to make Hellboy not leaning backward, they made a small part of the cape touching the base just properly to make him stay in position.

Please forgive my bad English.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks for that.

Man having this piece for a few days right on my desk has made it quickly become my favorite one so far. Just looks like he popped out of the books like the greatest clay sculpture ever.

I just recently got lucky to get this original pencil sketch from Mr. Mignola himself.. seems like the pose and shape are pretty close with our Fariboles statue! Even closer than his Hellboy drawing on the certificate. I will display this as the statue's background for sure!

12366893_10152819878112609_491961574_n_zpsw9bkpi6w.jpg

Nice!

I think we all are used to this gaunt looking Hellboy by now that Mignola's art evolved to.
Some days I miss the younger, leg day skipping, beastly looking Hellboy.

Thanks, Lefthook!

Personally, I prefer the ol' beastly looking Hellboy.. That's the one that hooked me into the whole Hellboy universe..
but the statue's based on his recent style, so I think the sketch is a perfect match. :)

Most definitely. Its as perfectly close as can be.

I can only hope to enjoy something similar soon for many years to come.

Re posting, because of an error with my previous post..

Just a quick update, finally the statue and the original sketch met each other!!

12527979_10152989871612609_1061397960_n_zps5aqhi8pe.jpg

So happy! and look how great this statue is, it looks like Mignola's drawing came to life!

Has any one heard of La Marque Zone, i just ordered my Hellboy Fariboles from them.. they have some IN STOCK, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Has any one heard of La Marque Zone, i just ordered my Hellboy Fariboles from them.. they have some IN STOCK, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Just received a email confirmation that my order has been confirmed, this site seems legit. I went to ebay and these are going for over a 1000 jeez :horror

Back