Michael Turner's Fathom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would give us a hint on who the next character is up next in this line. I'm getting excited for this line ....

I just saw this in person at NYCC. It is simply amazing. Beautiful looking with the water base and the transparent blue legs and arm.

They confirmed the blue hand is the exclusive. Now I know nothing about the character and I never buy a statue if I’m not into the character but this is a must buy. I’ll read the comic just so I can justify the purchase. Stunning piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure its a pass for me at this point. The more I look at her the more her lips are bugging me- only gonna be worse on the production piece. Then some people are talking about leaning and drooping of the water being a possible issue. Just gonna stick with the fairy tale line. Wanted to like this but its feeling too forced/hyped. If she were Turner it would be different.

Couple of picks

c99c4364913772da6f0b07557a1b05aa.jpg

41e063749c16956942e23c2d53f89960.jpg

b923896874fea2439b07fe17daf5ea62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that straight resin is probably going to make it expensive. They add the sand/stone to the resin to make production costs cheaper. I would wager 600-700 range, hopefully it’s not though. No armature wire is usually what causes the leaning problems since it can’t be added or it wouldn’t be clear.

That and the clear resin they've used in the past tends to yellow over time... perfect example is the red skull cosmic cube.

That and the clear resin they've used in the past tends to yellow over time... perfect example is the red skull cosmic cube.

Guessing they use the cheapest resin possible since pure resin without added sand/stone is expensive.

That is a very good point. :( I wonder how they are going to address that, if at all.

Hopefully balance it correctly so one side isn’t heavier than the other or it’s propped against some of the water aesthetics. In the end it’s a plastic type material so it is still pliable somewhat when hardened even and more so without the added sand/stone so who knows, might be better off without the exclusive on this one.

Back