Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people on my movie theaters Facebook pages are saying they really liked it. I'm gonna wait to rent it or something.

For this genre I'd say the film makers pulled it off, I don't know why some people expect this to be another Iron Man or Batman ... the subject matter is pretty light-hearted to begin with.

Just to clear up my own confusion, on IMDB Pete Plszek is credited as playing Leonardo, but Johnny Knoxville is credited for the voice...

how is that possible, aren't all the Turtles CGI ?

I mean, the other actors are credited for their roles as Turtles.

Bit confused.

Leonardo

MV5BNDYzMzcxMTAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg0NzQzOQ@@._V1_SY317_CR23,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

voice

MV5BMTE5Mjk5OTMxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODMyNDE0._V1_SY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

-

Donatello

MV5BMjMwOTAyOTM3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgyNjYzMTE@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

-
Michelangelo

MV5BMTcyMTc3NzQ2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAxNzExOA@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

-

Raphael

MV5BMjA3NTkzOTU0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQzMDY2MDE@._V1_SY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

-

Splinter (voice)

MV5BMjE5MTg3MjcxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU4MzA1Mw@@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

actor

MV5BMjA1MjQ3MTQ3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Finally saw this and I wasn't surprised that I found this very mediocre.

The Turtles were great, they were super funny and had a ton of personality, the interactions between them and the CGI are worth the ticket alone, Splinter was also very good.

Even Shredder was a little cool.

Everything else uuuugh it was soooo stupidly dull, the story was Amazing Spiderman on morphine, it was a generic story with the turtles thrown in the middle, Megan fox is the most meh actress there is and Will Arnett... I hate the guy, I was glad they destroyed both his cars :lol the same for all the supporting characters, they don't inspire anything, not the slightest emotion.

I saw it dubbed, I hate dubbed movies, but I don't think it would improve much in English, if anything maybe only the Turtles will be better.

It's kind of a shame that these good Turtle redesigns were wasted on such a poor intent.

Give it some time. It may grow on you :)

Finally saw this and I wasn't surprised that I found this very mediocre.

The Turtles were great, they were super funny and had a ton of personality, the interactions between them and the CGI are worth the ticket alone, Splinter was also very good.

Even Shredder was a little cool.

Everything else uuuugh it was soooo stupidly dull, the story was Amazing Spiderman on morphine, it was a generic story with the turtles thrown in the middle, Megan fox is the most meh actress there is and Will Arnett... I hate the guy, I was glad they destroyed both his cars :lol the same for all the supporting characters, they don't inspire anything, not the slightest emotion.

I saw it dubbed, I hate dubbed movies, but I don't think it would improve much in English, if anything maybe only the Turtles will be better.

It's kind of a shame that these good Turtle redesigns were wasted on such a poor intent.

I actually want to watch it again in English, because I hate dubbed movies with a passion, but it wasn't my choice, maybe that'll improve somethings.

The 2003 Cartoon is the best interpretation of Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Hands down. Or were you joking?

Nope, I'm not joking. I was a fan of the 80's and 90's cartoon and the 1990 film. I was not a huge fan of the 2003, show, but it had good action. The Nick toons show is a mixture of the 1990 film, the original cartoon, and the cool action from the 2003 TMNT. It has a perfect balance of action, "drama", and humor, imo. Maybe the 2003 is closer to the comics, but that's not my cup of tea. I still think the 2003 show if pretty far away from the comics, especially when you see the 2003 turtles meet the original Mirage comic turtles in TMNT Forever film...that was a cool moment. :lol

Just to clear up my own confusion, on IMDB Pete Plszek is credited as playing Leonardo, but Johnny Knoxville is credited for the voice...

how is that possible, aren't all the Turtles CGI ?I mean, the other actors are credited for their roles as Turtles.

Bit confused.

It's motion capture, so there are actors wearing motion capture suits and they also do the voices. The motion capture suit is replaced by the CGI, but the computer retains all the movements made by the actors. Leonardo was played by Pete Plszek , but the studio was not happy with his voice, so they got Johnny Knoxville to do the voice after the film was done filming. The same happened to Splinter, after the film was done, they got Tony Shalhoub to dubbed/rerecord the voice of Splinter....which it was a mistake, IMO.

Nope, I'm not joking. I was a fan of the 80's and 90's cartoon and the 1990 film. I was not a huge fan of the 2003, show, but it had good action. The Nick toons show is a mixture of the 1990 film, the original cartoon, and the cool action from the 2003 TMNT. It has a perfect balance of action, "drama", and humor, imo. Maybe the 2003 is closer to the comics, but that's not my cup of tea. I still think the 2003 show if pretty far away from the comics, especially when you see the 2003 turtles meet the original comic turtles in TMNT Forever film...that was a cool moment. :lol

It was a cool moment. It was funny when the 2003 Turtles pointed out how horrible the villains were from the 1987 cartoon. They said the 2003 villains were actually competent.

The 2003 cartoon is superior because it actually followed real story lines from the comics. Imagine if they took an adult comic like Spawn and made it a kids cartoon, a very "for kids" cartoon? Plus the 2003 show was true to the original concept. The Turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were the only mutants making them unique. The Nick cartoon and 1987 cartoon have mutants coming out the wazoo. They take characters who were never mutants like Baxter Stockman and Kirai, throw their stories out the window, and make them mutants. Like making Wonder Woman be from Krypton. Who cares about her actual story.

What part of the Nick toon is like the 1990 film? Compared to the bastardization of the original content that was the 1987 Turtles cartoon the 1990 movie was a breath of fresh air. Making Hamato Yoshi and Splinter the same character is wrong. Very wrong. Nick should know better.

The 2003 cartoon is superior because it actually followed real story lines from the comics. Imagine if they took an adult comic like Spawn and made it a kids cartoon, a very "for kids" cartoon? Plus the 2003 show was true to the original concept. The Turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were the only mutants making them unique. The Nick cartoon and 1987 cartoon have mutants coming out the wazoo. They take characters who were never mutants like Baxter Stockman and Kirai, throw their stories out the window, and make them mutants. Like making Wonder Woman be from Krypton. Who cares about her actual story.

What part of the Nick toon is like the 1990 film? Compared to the bastardization of the original content that was the 1987 Turtles cartoon the 1990 movie was a breath of fresh air. Making Hamato Yoshi and Splinter the same character is wrong. Very wrong. Nick should know better.

If it wasn't for the 1987 "bastardization", the TMNT would be irrelevant today...and the TMNT comic would've been long forgotten like many other Indie comics.

As far as the 2003 being "superior", it's subjective. You like it, good for you, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Making Hamato Yoshi and Splinter the same character is ok with me. A rat learning martial arts from a cage while he is mimicking his owner's movements is not something that should be taken seriously, so changing it didn't bother me.

There's nothing specific about the Nick Cartoon that's similar to the 1990 film, but if you watch the show, there are plenty of reference to the film, from lines, to actual scenes from the film. There are also references to the original cartoon and the comics. It's a mixture of everything....but nothing specific.

I enjoyed the movie. Nothing Earth shattering but entertaining and a fun watch. I assume the sequel will be better once they work out some kinks...like Megan Fox and Will Arnett.

I don't think the sequel will be better, I wanted to believe Bay didn't have much influence in this but I was proven wrong, it's got the most characteristic Bay trait of them all, a beyond dull story, and it works for them, they don't even have to try to make an interesting story, they'll make millions and they don't care about critic reception.

So they have no incentive to improve at all.

I don't think the sequel will be better, I wanted to believe Bay didn't have much influence in this but I was proven wrong, it's got the most characteristic Bay trait of them all, a beyond dull story, and it works for them, they don't even have to try to make an interesting story, they'll make millions and they don't care about critic reception.

So they have no incentive to improve at all.[/

:exactly: Why would they change anything if people keep buying the same ****? :lol

Didn't know studios cared about critic reception as long as it doesn't impact the money. If it's a Hit, why change it? :)
I'll be optimistic about the sequel. Can't wait till that thread is started. :clap

So they have no incentive to improve at all.

Didn't know studios cared about critic reception as long as it doesn't impact the money. If it's a Hit, why change it? :)
I'll be optimistic about the sequel. Can't wait till that thread is started. :clap

Marvel does, obviously.

DC/WB do, they got crappy critic reception for MoS so they got an Oscar winning writer.

Fox also does.

Sony.... Eh.

Nick does not, 1st Avatar and now this, and Bay has stated he doesn't care either :lol

Back