Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You thought it was clever? It was blatant advertising for Victoria's Secret. :lol

You made your mind up too. You love this because your kid wants to see it.

That sneaking clip was funny :)

Whoa whoa whoa... fart joke in a Kids movie? Guaranteed no one over the age of 13 will laugh in the theatre. I'll report back just for you RIDDICK.

I thought the 'boob' hiding was actually on the clever side...

But whatever. You made you're mind up a LONG time ago Deckard. By all means though, pick every single little thing apart. :lol

edit -
New Clip

You thought it was clever? It was blatant advertising for Victoria's Secret. :lol

You made your mind up too. You love this because your kid wants to see it.

I did think it was clever, product placement or not. Ninja's hiding in plain sight and all that.

I haven't made up my mind yet. I've liked what I've seen, yes. I'm taking it for what it is. I'm with you in wanting a deeper take. We'll get there eventually, and I'm sorry it's not this go-around, but I'm not out-and-out hating on everything because it's not what I wanted. I'm seeing this Saturday. I'll let you know my thoughts one way or the other.

I will also admit I'm super-easy to please. If I'm entertained, odds are I like it. There's very few movies I haven't liked in some form, as long as the good outweighs the bad. I have a tendency to not be super pessimistic when it comes to my entertainment. I'm not soul searching in the theatre when I'm watching a flick.

I will also admit I'm super-easy to please. If I'm entertained, odds are I like it. There's very few movies I haven't liked in some form, as long as the good outweighs the bad. I have a tendency to not be super pessimistic when it comes to my entertainment. I'm not soul searching in the theatre when I'm watching a flick.

No, you're just letting Hollywood know that you'll reward them in return for a soulless cash in that sort of resembles something you love enough to argue on the internet about when you have plenty of other options for entertaining yourself w/ the same material.

I made my dad pay money to go see Wild Wild West when I was a kid and still feel awful about it.

Listen to DeckTard. He knows all about quality movies.

No, you're just letting Hollywood know that you'll reward them in return for a soulless cash in that sort of resembles something you love enough to argue on the internet about when you have plenty of other options for entertaining yourself w/ the same material.

I made my dad pay money to go see Wild Wild West when I was a kid and still feel awful about it.

I'm sure they'll spend my $20 wisely.

We still watch and absolutely love the Nick show. I still bought the 90's flick on BD and watch it regularly. He flips through the comic (can't read yet) every now and then. What's the big deal?

My son loves the Turtles and he wants to see it. You want me to tell him no because Bay's name is on it? There's a fart joke? Because Deckard doesn't like it?

My son loves the Turtles and he wants to see it. You want me to tell him no because Bay's name is on it?

Yea.

I get that you don't want to dissapoint your son but I think there's an arguement to be made about you being a good father either way. :lol

Oh and don't worry, they will spend your money very wisely. Michael knows the best Pec and Ab implant men in the biz.

Yea.

I get that you don't want to dissapoint your son but I think there's an arguement to be made about you being a good father either way. :lol

Oh and don't worry, they will spend your money very wisely. Michael knows the best Pec and Ab implant men in the biz.

:lol:goodpost:

From what I've read it's obvious this movie's been another one hacked to **** in editing. Between people saying it moves TOO quickly (not that we need a 2.5hr movie) and the whole 180 on Fitchner NOT being Shredder, here's hoping they get it right in the script stages for number 2. Megan Fox said in an interview that she's promoting this until December and if all goes well, starts prepping for the sequel in the spring. Hopefully this is a modest success - enough to make a second, but not so much that they think they got it all right and they improve.

Well, remember, even the Turtle actors had no idea their voices were being redubbed til like 2 months ago. The guy playing Splinter was pretty pissed his voice work was redone by Tony Shaloub. I wonder just how awful that first original cut was.

I'm sure they'll spend my $20 wisely.

We still watch and absolutely love the Nick show. I still bought the 90's flick on BD and watch it regularly. He flips through the comic (can't read yet) every now and then. What's the big deal?

My son loves the Turtles and he wants to see it. You want me to tell him no because Bay's name is on it? There's a fart joke? Because Deckard doesn't like it?

0YLPW0Y.gif

So often people forget these movies are made to entertain kids and teens. We aren't the target. Let them enjoy I say

Well, remember, even the Turtle actors had no idea their voices were being redubbed til like 2 months ago. The guy playing Splinter was pretty pissed his voice work was redone by Tony Shaloub. I wonder just how awful that first original cut was.

It was bad. He voices Splinter in the mobile game.

They didn't even use his motion capture or anything. They basically used him as on set reference for eyelines.

I'm more interested on Pete as Leo. Still not totally sold on Knoxville as Leo. He sounds too old, I just haven't heard enough in context to judge it fully yet.

So often people forget these movies are made to entertain kids and teens. We aren't the target. Let them enjoy I say

Deckard's not wrong though - they could have made a movie that appealed to EVERYONE. His argument that the Nick toon handles both the dark and the lighter aspects is spot on. There IS a better TMNT movie that has yet to be made.

Just because it's for kids means it doesn't have to have any standards whatsoever? Have you read the reviews?

What the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lacks is not fidelity, but a spirit of genuine boyish fun -- the sense that anyone involved saw more than a very specific shade of green in the freshly digital scales of these 30-year-old characters.

A film so overworked to ensure mass-market appeal that it loses the charming oddness and loose goofiness that has allowed these characters to endure.

It has no reason to exist save for entrapping the next generation of kids while hoping to ensnare adults who grew up with the property the first time around.

Here's some of the positive ones :lol

There's no angst in this new franchise, no elaborate metaphor and no ambition to speak of.

Aimed squarely at the elusive point where the attention spans of young children, teenagers and adults meet, the 3D Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles strikes it with surprising regularity.

Guardians is also for kids, hard as it may be for the Marvel fans to come to terms with that, it doesn't mean they put in minimal possible effort.

I did think it was clever, product placement or not. Ninja's hiding in plain sight and all that.

I haven't made up my mind yet. I've liked what I've seen, yes. I'm taking it for what it is. I'm with you in wanting a deeper take. We'll get there eventually, and I'm sorry it's not this go-around, but I'm not out-and-out hating on everything because it's not what I wanted. I'm seeing this Saturday. I'll let you know my thoughts one way or the other.

I'm the same way and don't let anyone tell you there's anything wrong with that.

Back