Mezco new 15" Chucky Doll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had mine a couple of weeks now, love it...

anbj2c.jpg

Wish they made some new chucky merch. I would of bought mezco's chucky doll if it didnt look like the sideshows

Thinking I might want to get Mezco's. I had the Sideshow Chucky for some time, then sold him in a time of need (and by that I mean cash for other collectibles :lol). This one looks like a serious upgrade. Stapled hair is actually secured via rooting, the irises are even more detailed, and the paint job on the face is crisper. Plus he comes with a knife. Pretty big deal, that.

Got my Mezco Chucky from Sideshow today. Total of $60 (gotta love Spook codes) with free shipping.

Sculpt looks identical to the original, but mine has a bit of a lump where his widow's peak is rooted.

The SS version I sold a couple years ago was from the newer run that started around '10, so that one had perfectly fine paint apps. Comparing the two, this one i roughly on the same level, but the colors are much more vivid. For example, the scars are pinkish red rather than brown. The SS version, however, did have glossy lips. This one doesn't. I do miss them, if only because they gave the feeling that the paint apps had more to them.

The outfit is an improvement in some ways and a minor step back in others. I do like that he has the charring and weathering; the SS version simply had tears with no sign of burn damage. The pattern is more film-accurate. The stitching is also very clean, at least on mine. I think the step down is in the shirt material. Maybe it's shoddy memory acting up on me, but I do recall the original having a more cottony feel, whereas this one has a slightly cheaper feel.

Oh, and the knife. Glad we finally got one.

Overall, it's an excellent piece and a fitting replacement since the old version is nearly impossible to find for a decent price. I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying it's an improvement over the first though; they both did different things well and I was fortunate enough to have a figure from SS' final run. All I miss on the new version is the glossed lips.

So there's going to be a talking scarred version also...

Pointless as it looks exactly the same as the other scarred doll. Unless you didn't get the original I suppose.

Back