Action Figure Mezco Mortal Kombat Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the Mezco 6" Scorpion figure a few weeks ago. The sculpt is fantastic (I prefer the older MK1/2/3 character designs though). The points of articulation are pretty good, but the range of motion for them is insufficient to get him into "mortal kombat" style poses. I would have preferred a sacrifice of the sculpt in favor of a broader range of motion to get him in to some pretty fun poses.

Also, the mask is removable, but I'm not sure the point of that (I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game in years, but I always thought Scorpion's "face" was just a skull). The mask doesn't stay on very well, so I ended up super-gluing it on.

If they brought out MK1/2/3 designs, I would be all over these figures, but I think I'm done with this line for now.

Nothing yet about series 3. Series 1 is still not in NZ yet, but i got mine from BBT. Which country for ebgames?

I'm in Canada toronto. also noticed that the both plush and bobble head scorpions are sold out on bbts site, funny always thought that sub was more popular

I'm in Canada toronto. also noticed that the both plush and bobble head scorpions are sold out on bbts site, funny always thought that sub was more popular

I know bloody annoying lol. I think you can still get them on Mezco site though

I picked up the Mezco 6" Scorpion figure a few weeks ago. The sculpt is fantastic (I prefer the older MK1/2/3 character designs though). The points of articulation are pretty good, but the range of motion for them is insufficient to get him into "mortal kombat" style poses. I would have preferred a sacrifice of the sculpt in favor of a broader range of motion to get him in to some pretty fun poses.

Also, the mask is removable, but I'm not sure the point of that (I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game in years, but I always thought Scorpion's "face" was just a skull). The mask doesn't stay on very well, so I ended up super-gluing it on.

If they brought out MK1/2/3 designs, I would be all over these figures, but I think I'm done with this line for now.

Nice, he is a great figure, sad about the mask
I have te mummra Mezco 12inch and it has almost zero movement
Figurethe 12inch will be the same. Surprised the 6inch are limited, but havent played around with it yet
I think they are doing mk classic series 12inch series which will cover the old stuff.
If you play MKX they fill in the scorpion mythos well, read the comics as well, it will help explain what is going on, but mk9 and mkx are basically a reboot of the franchise

Nice, he is a great figure, sad about the mask
I have te mummra Mezco 12inch and it has almost zero movement
Figurethe 12inch will be the same. Surprised the 6inch are limited, but havent played around with it yet
I think they are doing mk classic series 12inch series which will cover the old stuff.
If you play MKX they fill in the scorpion mythos well, read the comics as well, it will help explain what is going on, but mk9 and mkx are basically a reboot of the franchise

Scorpion's articulation is pretty frustrating. The sculpt is awesome and the joints are blended very well into the sculpt. In a neutral pose, he looks awesome. However, the joints are just too restricted to get a lot of action-type poses (which, in my opinion, are pretty essential to a Mortal Kombat toy). He basically has the right amount of articulation, but the range of motion is just too limited. So close, yet so far.

Scorpion's articulation is pretty frustrating. The sculpt is awesome and the joints are blended very well into the sculpt. In a neutral pose, he looks awesome. However, the joints are just too restricted to get a lot of action-type poses (which, in my opinion, are pretty essential to a Mortal Kombat toy). He basically has the right amount of articulation, but the range of motion is just too limited. So close, yet so far.

Cheers for the info. Im looking at him now, deciding if i should bother opening it now. These don't come with stands do they??

MEZ11021.jpg
Count me in for 2, roll on wave 3

I picked up the Mezco 6" Scorpion figure a few weeks ago. The sculpt is fantastic (I prefer the older MK1/2/3 character designs though). The points of articulation are pretty good, but the range of motion for them is insufficient to get him into "mortal kombat" style poses. I would have preferred a sacrifice of the sculpt in favor of a broader range of motion to get him in to some pretty fun poses..

Man you are right about the movement, bloody stiff buggers

is sub zero missing some paint in center of the mouth covering on mask? blue strip of paint? anyone with game can you confirm this? plottin on adding it to my fig

Bumping this thread. Anyone here wanna unload series 1 MOC set? Or know where they still have them at retail cost? The regular version not PX.

Back