metropolis maria 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr`

Super Freak
Reaction score
yhst-51568362379717_2119_292937453.jpg

surely one of the greatest robot to ever grace the screen, from one of the best sci-fi classic of all time deserves a discussion here. i checked around and didnt find a thread. you guys should revoke your geek cred. shame. :mad:

price is $299 in bbts. i'm not familiar with the maker, hollywood collectibles, though. are they any good?

Yeah, I've seen it too, AND I WANT IT!! I trying to figure out how to get one of these to Europe. I mailed HC if they would ship to Europe, no news since. So far, I found one European retailer that has it on pre-order, and his asking price is $512, presumably shipping extra. Importing a figure of this kind fro the US usually is around $400. What should I think of this retailer?

Oh, but you are wrong about that there are no threads, as we've discussed this beauty a couple of times in the past.

Yeah, I've seen it too, AND I WANT IT!! I trying to figure out how to get one of these to Europe. I mailed HC if they would ship to Europe, no news since. So far, I found one European retailer that has it on pre-order, and his asking price is $512, presumably shipping extra. Importing a figure of this kind fro the US usually is around $400. What should I think of this retailer?

Oh, but you are wrong about that there are no threads, as we've discussed this beauty a couple of times in the past.

play.com have it but i dont think they ship outside of the UK. you could get someone to send it over for you though maybe.

damn. Id love to pick one of these up.
but cant anytime soon

Thanks Kj. I found anther retailer nearby that has it for $400 sharp - shipping included. That's the price I expected.
For those in the US, you can order from HC direct. It's cheaper ($280) and you get a low ES# guarantee too (if you care).
https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/metropolis_maria.html

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what to expect... HC seems to make nice things. From what I read here on the board, many are positive about what they've received from HC. Props and busts. I'm not 100% convinced of those, but then again, never seen them in person - just on pictures. But what does that say about this Maria? I haven't seen any in hand pictures from other 1/4 scale polystone statues HC has made - I guess that are all still in pre order status. It's a bit of a leap... . Granted the picture gallery looks sweet. There's very little picture material of this Robot to compare though.

do you have a link to that nearby retailer? Play.com's price is a bit more expensive than $ 400

do you have a link to that nearby retailer? Play.com's price is a bit more expensive than $ 400

Play are all over the place price wise at the min (SS predator skull £499.99!!!!) keep an eye on it and after a while of people not buying it they will more than likely drop the price.

not as accurate as my Masudaya 1:5 Maria, but i do like the paint app on this one. also, not digging the base.

I was waiting for the Masudaya to come up! :)
Yes, the Masudaya is nice, has a light up base, is smaller and costs as much as this one - probably. And is probably much harder to get too.
I wait until I get a chance to see both in person before I judge. Wait! I might never get to see a Masudaya in person....
Besides... what is accurate? Yes, as so often, there's room for some 'artistically' interpretation. The original suit was burned many years ago. As far as I can tell, this HC one looks a lot like it is insipred by the Bill Malone replica. Face look different though.
Let's face it, there are just not very much Metropolis Robots around. Like I said, I don't know what to expect from HC, but the pictures on their site look very promising. I agree on the base though, that could have been better. The price seems to be alright though.

Last edited:
Do you care to post some pictures please? There can never be enough robot's, and for sure if they come from Metropolis!!
nah, i don't have a camera handy. but i got mine off ebay for like $170 delivered. the HC one is definitely a little more expensive, but the Masudaya base is much nicer. i really want a Maria statue that comes with the throne. the Aztech Toyz figure is cool, but only vaguely looks like the movie. there really should be more Metropolis collectibles, it's a hugely influential film.

Does anyone have pictures of the one Sideshow sold during the Diane auction? I could have sworn I saved those pictures, but all I can find is a tiny thumbnail of it.

Does anyone have pictures of the one Sideshow sold during the Diane auction? I could have sworn I saved those pictures, but all I can find is a tiny thumbnail of it.
I know that the guy who won it posted a few pictures of it in his photo album here. I just don't remember the guys name.

I like this a lot... may have to find a way to swing it.
Yes, she's sexy, isn't she! Long wait! 4th quarter for the US, for us Europeans even January.

Great year for Metropolis fans, we get the 147 minute restored bluray in Nov, and this awesome statue in Q1 2011. :yess: :hi5:

I also have these teeny little spotlight looking lights that would go PERFECTLY on (or around) the base of this. :naughty

Back