metropolis maria 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her right foot is floating a couple of millimetres above the base. The peg is on the left foot, and that one perfectly rests upon the base.

Over here it's the left foot (the one with the peg) that is floating a bit above the base and the right foot has perfect contact with the base (see attached file / the white stuff is leftover from the packing material).

The reseller (awesome guy) offered me to send her back. Don't know if I'll do it. A replacement could be worse... ! Apart from the hovering foot, my statue and base are great. Might just leave it like it is.

When I unpacked her the other day, it occurred to me that it was packed like an SSC statue, it smelled like an SSC statue, and the inner packaging also looked exactly like those from SSC. Wouldn't be surprised if it was made in the same Chinese factory.

Really love this piece. I'd never buy a bronze LotR Gandalf, or SW Vader or Boba Fett, but if I could swing it, I'd buy a bronze Metropolis robot on the spot.

Last edited:
Awesome pics guys! :clap :clap :clap

I have these little lights that look like old classic spot lights that I'm going to put around her base to shine up on her! :yess:

Hi there, looks great in your pictures, I ordered one some time ago, I will pick her up tomorrow at my LCS, I hope she is as good as yours, it will be my first HCG item.

I ordered mine through my LCS and it still hasn't arrived. Anybody know when Diamond is getting theirs out to the stores?

Here's a METROPOLIS painting that I did for my upcoming gallery show:
b-1.jpg

Picked it up today at my LCS, looked great at first but closer inspection revealed castingfaults on the edge of her belly, also on the right arm, I am really disapointed, the sculpt in itself is great, also the paintjob is reasonable but those castingfaults are really visible, I am thinking of getting her exchanged, I will post some pics, how do you guys see this,
your opinion would be appreciated,

I ordered mine through my LCS and it still hasn't arrived. Anybody know when Diamond is getting theirs out to the stores?

Here's a METROPOLIS painting that I did for my upcoming gallery show:
b-1.jpg

Hi there,

I really like your painting, great job, wish I could make something like that,

Greetz

I can understand that this is bugging you, but in my opinion this "damage" is okay enough to keep her.

Hi Rotwang,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunatly I have very high standards, this will haunt me every time I look at her, I think that the quality of most statues produced in China is below good, thats why I dont buy often, I really love Bowen and Sideshow Statues but there is always some flaw wich makes a great statue into a just a flawed statue.
I never had any experience with HCG Statues so I gave it a chance and ordered it.:slap

Hi The Batman Professor,
I really like your painting, well done, wish I could do that.

We came home from the Hospital last night because my grandma had a Blood Clot taken care of and a Wound Vac put on and my metropolis maria 1/4 scale statue was sitting outside in the rain!:mad::banghead:gah:

Grandma did GREAT! :D :rock

I hope Maria is ok though.:lol:rotfl

Nick

Last edited:
First things first: Monster, good that your grandma is fine! May she have a good recovery. Sux to have Maria in the rain, but the statue will be fine I hope.

Batprof. great painting! I could use one of those :)

Zorro, Perfectly understand you. Hard to judge by your photos, but if it would bug me everytime I look at it, I rather have it exchanged. Doesn't look that bad to me though.

It is so good to see more photos in this thread finally! With 500 Maria's out there, I hope more owners will come out into the open!

What an awesome piece... may have to find a way to get this one. Nothing is more classic than Maria :love

Back