Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I never really played any MGS games except for the fourth but bought the peace walker for my 360 a month ago and still haven't played thought one. after playing this and cursing alot. i guess i dont really need to finish the peace walker game. i liked the controls for the peace walker. but this game i was having hard to roll and some other things. I agree with some of you on the realism of the game. But, maybe when phantom pain comes out it will have more realism to it.

Controls are the best in the series, I don't have to turn my fingers into pretzels anymore to perform various moves.

I'm currently doing hard mode with no reflex mode and I'm getting the hang of it. There's no room for error, the guards have Hawkeye vision, and they are much more aggressive. So far I keep getting an A on the GZ mission, hopefully by the end of today I'll get that S rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the guys that beat the game, anyone else think something is up with the Medic?

For the guys that beat the game, anyone else think something is up with the Medic?

I've heard some rumors that he is Ishmael from TPP.

Just got a 291 meter headshot. Not sure how if it's really possible to get a much further one, as it was from one corner of the map to the other. (Drop zone from GZ mission to the far opposite corner by the gate.)

If he's Ishmael from the TTP that'll be a good move .. needs someone to compare the voices in GZ and TTP clip .. i almost thought the medic died ... and what happened to Chico .. i guess he'll receive a Diff voice actor in the TTP? because he'll be 9 years older than what he was in GZ with a Diffrent look

Controls here are definitely the best in the series.

I haven't had a single problem with the augmented realism, it's all consistent, a soldier in his physical peak should be able to sprint for several minutes, Big Boss should be above those standards, the hypothermia thing, I haven't even stayed that long under the rain, but hypothermia symptoms start showing after a couple hours not minutes, so everything fine by me there.

And I love the bulled drop and deviation, It always bugged me that a tranq gun had the same range and precision than a bullet gun, I don't know if you have noticed but getting head shots from a greater distance is way easier with the SMG, I find that consistency very satisfying.

The gameplay is on par with the last of us or even above because I find it way more sophisticated.

I can't rate this game as a full game, having not paid full price or if this was a 5$ game I'd have to give it a 9/10 or a 10/10, but I can completely justify any lower score from anyone who paid full price, if this was 5$ the reviews would be much better.

Story-wise I was all spoiled out when I started this game :lol it's super short, you can baaaarely taste it, but it does a very good job keeping you hooked, the Voice acting is superb, except for skullface, he still sounds somewhat cartoonish, audio-wise is gorgeous, it's moody and immersive, more subtle than in MGS4.

It's a shame the way Konami wanted to scam it's fan with the price.

Definitely will rebuy this for the PS4 when TPP comes, if the price drops or it's included in a pack with TPP.

159.gif

:lol me neither... I can't rate this game. And I love the tranq gun, hell I love every gun in this game, I hope you can fully customize them in TPP

btw about the hypothermia... I assume the exposure to the sun could cause damage in TPP

Just finished the Deja Vu mission and unlocked the MGS1 skin.Even the enemy have the Shadow Moses gear,snowing and all.This is fun :lol

If he's Ishmael from the TTP that'll be a good move .. needs someone to compare the voices in GZ and TTP clip .. i almost thought the medic died ... and what happened to Chico .. i guess he'll receive a Diff voice actor in the TTP? because he'll be 9 years older than what he was in GZ with a Diffrent look

The only only evidence I have that he could be Ishmael is due to how much effort was made to conceal his face, but with how painfully obvious Kojima made it, I'm starting to think he could be IShmael. His voice sounds a bit like Kiefer Sutherland's as well. With how he saved Big Boss, it would definitely explain the bandages around his face in TPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woooohooo! Second run at the GZ mission on normal and got an S rank :yess: 51 min time, saved all dem POWs.

First one wasn't so bad, got 1 alert and killed 3 dudes, got a B rank in 56 minutes.

This is fuuuuun.

The reflex mode is very necessary right now for me, but my goal is to eventually play without it.

Last edited:
Nice :lol. Were you required to have no kills and no alerts for the S rank? I only got a B rank on my second playthrough.

Nice :lol. Were you required to have no kills and no alerts for the S rank? I only got a B rank on my second playthrough.

Yeah, no alerts and no kills, I saved all 4 POW, don't know if that counts, I almost messed up in the beginning cause I wanted to headshot a dude with my tranq gun, but didn't notice I had my SMG out, good thing I missed the headshot for a body shot and only made him fall to the ground, quickly switched to the tranq gun and put him to sleep, phew. :lol

What if Chico is Ishmael? Could be anyone :lol

What if Kiefer doesn't actually voice him and it was just a ruse to stop people finding out that Kiefer was involved and assuming he was Snake.

Yeah, no alerts and no kills, I saved all 4 POW, don't know if that counts, I almost messed up in the beginning cause I wanted to headshot a dude with my tranq gun, but didn't notice I had my SMG out, good thing I missed the headshot for a body shot and only made him fall to the ground, quickly switched to the tranq gun and put him to sleep, phew. :lol

That's awesome, I'll try it out tonight! :duff

How did you acquire more ammo for the MK 22, by the way? It's kind of atrocious that the game only starts you with six rounds.

Your playing it now what do you think so far.

You know, after I've finally played it, I can say that it's a great game (although, unnecessarily short), and it's a really fun experience once you get accustomed to the controls. I actually wasn't expecting to have so much fun out of it.

But, it doesn't feel like a MGS game anymore. Staple elements like rations, cardboard boxes, and the "knocking" feature have been removed, and the overall tone is just so dark and "realistic" compared to the light-hearted comic book tone of the previous games. Prior to playing GZ, I mentioned how the game itself seems like a relabeling of Project Ogre with "MGS" slapped on the cover. I'm now more convinced than ever that it's the case. I'd go as far as to say that the "DNA" of MGS just seems missing from Ground Zeroes.

However, I can say that I've more intrigued about MGS V after finally playing this. I remain skeptical about some things, but I just want to see where Kojima's taking this franchise.

What if Kiefer doesn't actually voice him and it was just a ruse to stop people finding out that Kiefer was involved and assuming he was Snake.

I was actually thinking about a Chico and Ishmael connection today :lol. It's possible that Chico didn't die in the helicopter.

I still think the cardboard boxes and the rations, while characteristic of the franchise, they were so at a superficial level, I hope they return in TPP though, personally I felt right at home playing this game, still don't see why a few people (not directed specifically at you Solidus :lol :1-1:) say it doesn't feel like MGS anymore, the moody music, the sneaking, the gameplay (while updated) still feels very much MGS at is core, sort of like the older brother in the franchise, if that makes sense :lol

That's awesome, I'll try it out tonight! :duff

How did you acquire more ammo for the MK 22, by the way? It's kind of atrocious that the game only starts you with six rounds.

:duff:

Questioning guards sometimes does the trick, they tell you where you can find anesthetic sometimes, but I have found some rounds on little surveillance booths that are spread across the base.

I think IF Chico is alive in TPP, he probably won’t be a good guy. He will want revenge for all the things that happen to Paz and Himself.

I’m still almost sure that Ishmael is nothing more than a fragment of Big Boss’ imagination, maybe Psycho Mantis is messing with his mind or something. They both move very similarly, have the same voice, and the flaming Volgin attacks them, which isn’t real, which makes Ishmael being an illusion even more possible. Also in the beginning when Big Boss asks Ishmael who he is, he points at Big Boss before giving his name. I’d be shocked if Ishmael turned out to be real.

I still think the cardboard boxes and the rations, while characteristic of the franchise, they were so at a superficial level, I hope they return in TPP though, personally I felt right at home playing this game, still don't see why a few people (not directed specifically at you Solidus :lol :1-1:) say it doesn't feel like MGS anymore, the moody music, the sneaking, the gameplay (while updated) still feels very much MGS at is core, sort of like the older brother in the franchise, if that makes sense :lol

:duff:

Questioning guards sometimes does the trick, they tell you where you can find anesthetic sometimes, but I have found some rounds on little surveillance booths that are spread across the base.

I would prefer the wall knock return, but everything else literally isn’t necessary, they won’t enhance the gameplay in anyway.

Back