Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at the beginning of mt Uncharted 2 platinum run but decided to try finish this first, because I wanna eat my veggies before getting to the good stuff. :lol

Funny how all the white knights that posted in here for years defending it, have completely gone MIA for some time now :lol
You know, they're totally going to return at some point when we least expect it :lol hell, maybe we should trash talking the game. Cause I'm ready to join in, and I'm ripe.
No kidding. Everytime I visit this thread now, I'm like

giphy.gif
Same :lol :lol :lol

I don't know if I'm considered a white knight here, but my opinion hasn't changed and you guys aren't saying anything new either, that's why I don't post here, plus I don't want to ruin your fun trashing the game :lol I'm staying clear of all MGS discussion, for some reason haven't felt the need to chime in in anything MGS-related.

Funny how everyone who was praising it on facebook and youtube have turned against the game too.

I don't even recall what your opinion was, other than you were praising the game as the best thing ever and you didn't even get half way through it :lol

"But Metacritic maaaaaaaaaaaannnn!!! Game is 10/10!!!!"

Wet brain having morons 95% of them.

Can you blame them though?

Not really. I was fully prepared to eat crow if the game turned out fantastic since as time went on I decided to have an open mind about it when I was pretty hateful to every revelation about it's production and firing of Hayter leading to it. I just feel a good amount of them just don't want to admit it to us, or more importantly, themselves.

Whatever gets you by I guess.

I don't know if I'm considered a white knight here, but my opinion hasn't changed and you guys aren't saying anything new either, that's why I don't post here, plus I don't want to ruin your fun trashing the game :lol I'm staying clear of all MGS discussion, for some reason haven't felt the need to chime in in anything MGS-related.

Funny how everyone who was praising it on facebook and youtube have turned against the game too.
Well look at the bright side, at least you're not a white knight anymore...I hope. Or not as bad as the other ones in here
I don't even recall what your opinion was, other than you were praising the game as the best thing ever and you didn't even get half way through it :lol

This :lecture among other things like arguing about the game's engine to Solidus who provided resounding proof that the game wasn't that much better than a PS3 game.

I can almost take white knights... but there was one prick in particular that all of a sudden, posted in here like a month before the game came out and acted as a Konami rep... and a week or so after it came out... vanished :lol

Just finished S-ranking all the missions- WTF? They're easy! Here I thought I was gonna get MGS2 Extreme levels off badassery!

Oh well, now for the Mission Tasks and Pokemon collecting and the plat will be mine! It's more of a chore than a challenge. :(

Yeah. I used some guides online and getting S's are extremely easy when you realize most of the missions are completely broken.

Yeah. I used some guides online and getting S's are extremely easy when you realize most of the missions are completely broken.

I got them all on my first try. The key is to be quick, alerts and body count be dammed.

Are you going back to finishing the old MGS games? I need to re-plat MGS4. It will be fun after this one. :lol

Not really. I was fully prepared to eat crow if the game turned out fantastic since as time went on I decided to have an open mind about it when I was pretty hateful to every revelation about it's production and firing of Hayter leading to it. I just feel a good amount of them just don't want to admit it to us, or more importantly, themselves.

Whatever gets you by I guess.

It's been 3 months,so people have moved on.I had quite a few things to say myself after i finished it,but doesn't matter anymore.

I got them all on my first try. The key is to be quick, alerts and body count be dammed.

Are you going back to finishing the old MGS games? I need to re-plat MGS4. It will be fun after this one. :lol

Eh, maybe in the future when I get the itch to. I just wish MGR would get HD remastered.

It's been 3 months,so people have moved on.I had quite a few things to say myself after i finished it,but doesn't matter anymore.

You're right to a point, but when it comes to MGS... discussions usually go on for years dissecting the ins and outs of any one particular game. But this one, there's really nothing further to elaborate on. Everything is taken at face value and has no hidden meanings.

In a way I am glad Hayter wasn't in this. Makes it easier to ignore. Still own not a single MGSV related collectible. Just the game and nothing else.

I started buying up the MGSV stuff before the game came out. I'm a dumb completist so after investing a good amount of cash into it, there's no point in stopping. Now if I knew how much I'd dislike the game, I dunno if I would of even bothered with it.

I can almost take white knights... but there was one prick in particular that all of a sudden, posted in here like a month before the game came out and acted as a Konami rep... and a week or so after it came out... vanished :lol
Who was that? :lol

Difficulty doesn't seem that bad in this game, I dunno. I think the only issue is at first, your gear kinda sucks.

In a way I am glad Hayter wasn't in this. Makes it easier to ignore. Still own not a single MGSV related collectible. Just the game and nothing else.

Ditto for me. Like I said on several threads, I flat out refuse to give any more of my money on anything MGSV related. I'll give credit where it's due- I paid $110 for the whole experience on PS3/PS4 and despite that being robbery, I got more than 200 hours worth of gameplay for the Platinum run.

It's quite liberating, actually. After almost 20 years, I am no longer a slave to Kojima and Konami. I don't feel obligated to collect the posters, trinkets and stuff like I did years back. I'm a free man, and honestly it feels good! :lol

I started buying up the MGSV stuff before the game came out. I'm a dumb completist so after investing a good amount of cash into it, there's no point in stopping. Now if I knew how much I'd dislike the game, I dunno if I would of even bothered with it.

Well, if it's any consolation, you'd probably make quite a profit selling the MGSV PAK figures should you decide it.

I love it as I initially did, despite its flaws.

I didn't praise as the best game ever, it was just funny how everything was automatically trashed instantly, like that last trailer which wasn't even that bad and everyone was like "REEEEEE worst tailer in the history of ever, the game's gonna suck so hard **** u kojima reeeee" or how the was no story or stuff like that.

Well look at the bright side, at least you're not a white knight anymore...I hope. Or not as bad as the other ones in here
What exactly constitutes a white knight? I still see the occasional facebooker who's like "hurr those who don't like da gaem ar retards, go back to coll of dooty" :lol I've given my fair share of praise and criticism, to Kojima, to Hayter, to Sutherland, actually I don't think I have criticized Sutherland as BB yet.

Back