Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

This is the first Metal Gear for as long as I can remember that he actually seems very excited to make. Even though its Metal Gear, he seems to be making the kind of game he wants, and he seems to be enjoying himself. I think it will reflect on the game.

MGS V is sure to be a technical masterpiece because of the FOX Engine. But, before it was "MGS V", it was a new IP called "Project Ogre". Kojima was most likely forced by the higher ups to turn his newly developing project into another MGS game. After all, this is Kojima. They can't have him work on a new game that isn't MGS! Preposterous!

MGS3 was a masterstroke that Kojima went to do a prequel with Big Boss, now it feels it's just too much erm, stroking. :slap

Very true he backed himself on a corner with Solid Snake he knows he screwed up which is why we are getting those prequels..

I don't know how you can say Kojima is back to his best and looks like he's enjoying making the game? You've seen a trailer, a bit of gameplay and nothing really in terms of the production of the game

What brings you to the conclusion he's having a good time?

MGSV in a nutshell

Visuals & Mechanics = Excellent
Everything else = Sub par especially the VA.

I can't wait to feel nothing towards the character, get annoyed by the terrible story and the little relations koji puts in to the previous games that he thinks are cool and all the brainless be like 'he's soo innovative' and 'homage to the previous games' but actually aren't cool at all.

I still hate how they call him Snake

I don't know how you can say Kojima is back to his best and looks like he's enjoying making the game? You've seen a trailer, a bit of gameplay and nothing really in terms of the production of the game

MGSV in a nutshell

I can't wait to feel nothing towards the character, get annoyed by the terrible story and the little relations koji puts in to the previous games that he thinks are cool and all the brainless be like 'he's soo innovative' and 'homage to the previous games' but actually aren't cool at all.

Correct on all points!

He's wanted out of this franchise for 12 years now but Konami has kept him a slave. Of course he's bored of this series, it's coming through with his choices and writing.

I'll give MGS3 a pass for having cloned elements from the Snake Trilogy but goddamn does Otacon's dad need to be helping Big Boss out the same way? Jesus he's such a hack.

He's definitely pulled a George Lucas with us, coping everything that was good in the original series and doing ****ty prequels with it.

If they had taken BBs story in a totally different arc to SS and had the 2 running along side each other but never interfering with one another then i couldn't have cared less

Instead we have this contrived story line that keeps trying to break from it's own shackles but can't so they think by throwing in some super lame references from the previous games this will some how mask or overshadow the true lameness of it all and to be fair on the first play through it will

Just look at MGS4

If they had taken BBs story in a totally different arc to SS and had the 2 running along side each other but never interfering with one another then i couldn't have cared less

Instead we have this contrived story line that keeps trying to break from it's own shackles but can't so they think by throwing in some super lame references from the previous games this will some how mask or overshadow the true lameness of it all and to be fair on the first play through it will

Just look at MGS4

Koji even cloned Snake's "Kept you waiting" line to Big Boss. Aside from the Boss, he hasn't put out anything of value aside from that since MGS3. MPO and PW were the same game basically. And were we supposed to be like OOOOO AHHHHH when there was a AI of the Boss in PW? That has got to be, the most idiotic thing I've ever encountered in a game. How cheesy can it get?

Not to mention the cluster**** to the timeline that all the supermechs in the 70s completely negate any 21st century tech -_-

MGSV in a nutshell

I mean the interviews he has given, all the tweets, and major trolling. He even said that he’s making the game he wants and for the fans not to worry. If he isn’t enjoying making this, he still enjoying making it more than the others.

I mean the interviews he has given, all the tweets, and major trolling. He even said that he’s making the game he wants and for the fans not to worry. If he isn’t enjoying making this, he still enjoying making it more than the others.

He's probably enjoying the paychecks more.

Correct on all points!

He's wanted out of this franchise for 12 years now but Konami has kept him a slave. Of course he's bored of this series, it's coming through with his choices and writing.

I'll give MGS3 a pass for having cloned elements from the Snake Trilogy but goddamn does Otacon's dad need to be helping Big Boss out the same way? Jesus he's such a hack.

But he only has 2 lines remember? How you guys came to this conclusion I don’t know.

I think Troy Baker s doing a pretty great job as Ocelot as well from what I heard. Robin Atkin Downes also seems to be doing a great job with Kaz.

But he only has 2 lines remember? How you guys came to this conclusion I don’t know.

I think Troy Baker s doing a pretty great job as Ocelot as well from what I heard. Robin Atkin Downes also seems to be doing a great job with Kaz.

Here we go again. And who honestly cares how many signature lines he's got, they were still stolen off of Snake because Kojima is going the reoccuring history hack angle.

Replacing Zimmerman as Ocelot is another idiotic move on the VA.

I loved Troy Baker in TLOU, but **** off from Ocelot. Same goes to Kiefer for "Snake" since were still ****ing calling him that >_>

MGSV in a nutshell

Thats true, they should be calling him Big Boss by now.

Here we go again. And who honestly cares how many signature lines he's got, they were still stolen off of Snake because Kojima is going the reoccuring history hack angle.

Replacing Zimmerman as Ocelot is another idiotic move on the VA.

I loved Troy Baker in TLOU, but **** off from Ocelot. Same goes to Kiefer for "Snake" since were still ****ing calling him that >_>

I don’t see whats wrong with Troy Baker playing Ocelot, he seems to be doing a good mix of the MGS1 and the campy MGS4 voice. I know when Batman Arkham Origins was coming out, and Kevin Conroy, and Mark Hamill said they weren’t coming back, there was a big outcry to get them back. After watching the Gamescon trailer, most seem to have forgotten about the change.

I don’t see whats wrong with Troy Baker playing Ocelot, he seems to be doing a good mix of the MGS1 and the campy MGS4 voice. I know when Batman Arkham Origins was coming out, and Kevin Conroy, and Mark Hamill said they weren’t coming back, there was a big outcry to get them back. After watching the Gamescon trailer, most seem to have forgotten about the change.

I'm keeping the **** away from Batman until they bring them both back.

What is it with fans today that they're OK with replacing actors who have had the job for over a decade?

What is it with fans today that they're OK with replacing actors who have had the job for over a decade?

It was Conroy and Hamill’s choice man. As long as the game is good I am happy.

Im staying away from Batman till a review comes out.

Yup. Origins isn't developed by Rocksteady, it isn't written by Paul Dini, and Conroy and Hamil aren't involved. How exactly is it even an Arkham game?

Yup. Origins isn't developed by Rocksteady, it isn't written by Paul Dini, and Conroy and Hamil aren't involved. How exactly is it even an Arkham game?

Same engine I would assume.

Back