Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite their stupid whining, they will :lol I don't even get the whining, there's no way they'd be able to give us Chapter 3 at this point.

Despite their stupid whining, they will :lol I don't even get the whining, there's no way they'd be able to give us Chapter 3 at this point.

After the Survive trailer, be careful with your words. You don't want to give Konami ideas about letting the work experience intern write a third chapter for the game :lol

But the results would be catastrophic,in the funniest way! Either these reactions:
1. the fans get their third chapter and finally shut the **** up
2. they proclaim it's an awful way to get their money (but buy it anyway :lol )
3. claims that it's an offense to Kojima (this would happen no matter what)
4. all of the above

I really can't see anyone doing worse than the hodgepodge the "plot" was. I've wanted someone new writing these things since MGS4.

I'm confused here. Fans are rallying behind for the "Mission 51" to be included in the game, touting that the discarded mission would make MGSV complete, or that is the "true" ending.

Fro the life of me, I just don't see it. What kind of value are fans seeing in this mission that I'm not? I'm not trying to hate on the fans, but is this mindless obsession is due to the fact that they secretly want compensation over an already ungodly mess that shouldn't have existed in the first place?

https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/31/12733180/metal-gear-solid-5-mission-51-ending?yptr=yahoo

It would just be another over the top, uninspired Gundam boss battle like the last one was. We already know what that mission was, and it amounts to nothing.

The fact it isn't Big Boss you're playing as already killed the game for me. It was the biggest betrayal to the fans he's ever done. Seeing the "true ending" wouldn't make a bit of difference.

I honestly wouldn't bump the score any higher if that chapter is included. Like you said, it doesn't amount to anything and raises an equally amount of plot holes as the core story did. If Liquid and Mantis had that much power, they could have taken over the world for God's sake. Why the Patriots never bothered with them and recruited them both in FOXHOUND?

Also, cut content in MGS is nothing new. There is a (playable) sequence in MGS2 where Snake tries to escape the sinking tanker, and Kojima himself said it was cut because it was cumbersome and added nothing to the story, despite that sequence was actually finished. His words, not mine.

Yeah, we see it in the flashback cutscenes in the Big Shell. I think the Tanker end is fine as is, but more Snake gameplay is nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah, we see it in the flashback cutscenes in the Big Shell. I think the Tanker end is fine as is, but more Snake gameplay is nothing to sneeze at.

I always interpret the Tanker chapter as a hodgepodge of what actually happened and what didn't. Story wise, it's canon but the gameplay was Raiden's VR simulation since Snake recalls the events very differently than what we played. He ran from the flood, he was fighting soldiers with a FAMAS, etc. Plus the opening narration was clearly a flashback. "The Hudson River, two years ago.." Pretty smart stuff, I must say.

That's why I thought that Ismael was some kind of figment of BB's imagination or something- his inner demon at the hospital, if you will. Never would have I imagined that it's that cut and dried and leaves nothing to interpretation.

I always interpret the Tanker gameplay as a hodgepodge of what actually happened and what didn't. Story wise, it's canon but the gameplay was Raiden's VR simulation since Snake recalls the events very differently than what we played. He ran from the flood, he was fighting soldiers with a FAMAS, etc. Plus the opening narration was clearly a flashback. "The Hudson River, two years ago.." Pretty smart stuff, I must say.

That's another thing. I hate that MGS4 forced us to take all that literally with no interpretation. Makes me wonder who's really responsible for how great MGS2's plot structure and story was... Kojima or F ukushima. Considering MGS4 was just Kojima's writing, and he seems to forget all about what MGS2 was.

The S3 plan wasn't even mentioned in MGS4... give us at least something. Sure the Big Shell was a test of it and it worked. But c'mon, it's the crux of the plot. He filled every plot hole in with nanomachines, and ignores that one. Just make a nod to it for Christ sake.

Even my fanfiction I made like a decade ago mentioned it... :lol

That's another thing. I hate that MGS4 forced us to take all that literally with no interpretation. Makes me wonder who's really responsible for how great MGS2's plot structure and story was... Kojima or F ukushima. Considering MGS4 was just Kojima's writing, and he seems to forget all about what MGS2 was.

The S3 plan wasn't even mentioned in MGS4... give us at least something. Sure the Big Shell was a test of it and it worked. But c'mon, it's the crux of the plot. He filled every plot hole in with nanomachines, and ignores that one. Just make a nod to it for Christ sake.

Kojima came up with the grand plan, he's the brains that's for sure but F ukushima (thanks censorship!) was the nervous system. He gets the blood flowing. Without him, the writing is brain dead, pun intended.

But yeah, I agree. MGS4 leaves nothing to the imagination which is why there's very little to talk or analyze. Plus I hate that the characters talk in big speeches like in Nolan movie. "When the shadow is erased, the beast must be whole" or whatever. :lol

Kojima came up with the grand plan, he's the brains that's for sure but F ukushima (thanks censorship!) was the nervous system. He gets the blood flowing. Without him, the writing is brain dead, pun intended.

But yeah, I agree. MGS4 leaves nothing to the imagination which is why there's very little to talk or analyze. Plus I hate that the characters talk in big speeches like in Nolan movie. "When the shadow is erased, the beast must be whole" or whatever. :lol

As bad as MGS4 was in comparison to the trilogy, V is even worse. Not much dialogue across the board, but you get literally nothing out of Venom. The whole "I'm Big Boss (cringe line) and so are you" thing at the end is awful.

Not to mention the codec call between Miller and Ocelot is basically Revenge of the Sith level crap since like Lucas, he has to make sure everyone is in their places to create Metal Gear 1 in such a ****** way.

I'm confused here. Fans are rallying behind for the "Mission 51" to be included in the game, touting that the discarded mission would make MGSV complete, or that is the "true" ending.

Fro the life of me, I just don't see it. What kind of value are fans seeing in this mission that I'm not? I'm not trying to hate on the fans, but is this mindless obsession is due to the fact that they secretly want compensation over an already ungodly mess that shouldn't have existed in the first place?

https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/31/12733180/metal-gear-solid-5-mission-51-ending?yptr=yahoo
I am going to say BS entitlement, there's no other explanation. Fans always felt like Kojima owed them the series for...some reason. You could take this two ways. The fans who may realize the game is an abomination, but who feel like they deserve something for the mess...and the fans who adored the game in blind glee and feel like they deserve something for the support. At worst, on either way, you could add in that they believe they deserve it cause of the #****onami stupidity. But I don't see what it would add either :dunno

hold up what? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? I wanna read this!!! :wink1:

I am going to say BS entitlement, there's no other explanation. Fans always felt like Kojima owed them the series for...some reason. You could take this two ways. The fans who may realize the game is an abomination, but who feel like they deserve something for the mess...and the fans who adored the game in blind glee and feel like they deserve something for the support. At worst, on either way, you could add in that they believe they deserve it cause of the #****onami stupidity. But I don't see what it would add either :dunno

hold up what? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? I wanna read this!!! :wink1:

I have it since it's still posted on the forum I used to run... but I'm too cringed out to post it :lol

:lol it was basically my version of what MGS4 was supposed to be, but I didn't finish it. Holy **** there's a lot of grammatical errors in it. I think I was like 20 when I wrote it.

Please show us...please Pliss?

giphy.gif

:monkey2

:lol

Even the title is douchey :lol

I'll tell you this much, it was based on the Patriots actually being the twelve members and not the support crew of MGS3. I think I wrote it before MGS4 even came out.

Back