Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to tell you, Ryan. Since I'm getting this new PC, I'll finally delve into Silent Hill 3 this year. My fiancée is a SH nut and has wanted me to do a playthrough for years now of it.

Sweet! The PC versions of SH2 and SH3 are definitely superior to any other console iteration. If you need the patch to get SH3 running in proper widescreen, let me know.

If she likes the games, probably best to continiue the rest of the series as well. Shattered Memories is a super simple exploration game, but the story and music are prretty darn good.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid Actor David Hayter -- "I've Got No Particular Love for Kojima" - GameSpot

Salty Snake is back at it :lol

And damn, Kojima was trying to get Kurt Russle for MGS3? That would have been wayyyyyyyy better than Hayter.

Good news is he's not coming back for the next game, I like the idea of basically making Snake like James Bond and having different interpretations of him. Without Kojima and Hayter though, the next MGS is going to be a tough sell for Konami, but I'm excited.

I hope the poor guy finds peace one day :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid Actor David Hayter -- "I've Got No Particular Love for Kojima" - GameSpot

Salty Snake is back at it :lol

And damn, Kojima was trying to get Kurt Russle for MGS3? That would have been wayyyyyyyy better than Hayter.

Good news is he's not coming back for the next game, I like the idea of basically making Snake like James Bond and having different interpretations of him. Without Kojima and Hayter though, the next MGS is going to be a tough sell for Konami, but I'm excited.

I hope the poor guy finds peace one day :lol

If he's salty it's only rightfully so. From the sounds of it they didn't treat him well, especially considering he's beloved as he is.

To me, he sounds way too entitled. He seems bothered that they had him re audition for for MGS 3 and 4 and it absolutely makes sense why they did that. MGS3 he was playing a different character and MGS4 he had to show them he can pull off an older voice, which even he admitted was difficult.

There's probably some stuff that went on with him and Kojima behind the scenes that none of us know about though.

I just hope the man finds peace some day :lol

Last edited:
To me, he sounds way too entitled. He seems bothered that they had him re audition for for MGS 3 and 4 and it absolutely makes sense why they did that. MGS he was playing a different character and MGS4 he had to show them he can pull off an older voice, which even he admitted was difficult.

There's probably some stuff that went on with him and Kojima behind the scenes that none of us know about though.

I just hope the man finds peace some day :lol

I could change Hayters name with Kojimas with almost all of what you just said.

I just hope you find peace some day.

I could change Hayters name with Kojimas with almost all of what you just said.

What's the point of having someone on ignore if you can't help but respond to them? :lol

I guess waiting for that next Hitman episode has you frustrated :lol

Either way, loved MGSV and I'm looking forward to seeing what Konami does next with the franchise. I personally hope they reboot.

I took you off ignore because it didn't stop you from being able to insult me. Not sure what Hitman has to do with any of that. Can't wait for you to bring the mods back into this thread.

I took you off ignore because it didn't stop you from being able to insult me. Not sure what Hitman has to do with any of that. Can't wait for you to bring the mods back into this thread.

Thanks for taking me off ignore :duff

Yeah if only there was a way to keep you from seeing my posts. I know CQC could use that so you don't steal any more of his images and claim their from your own collection.

Yeah if only there was a way to keep you from seeing my posts. I know CQC could use that so you don't steal any more of his images and claim their from your own collection.

Yea I don't understand this post, but again, thanks for taking me off ignore :lol

I'm actually lost :lol

I honestly didn't understand your last post but whatever, let's stay on topic man.

I did want Hayter back for a possible MGS1 remake on the Fox Engine, but if they're not doing that next, then I think reboot is the way to go. There just not many relevant stories left to tell in this series anymore.

The world of Metal Gear has a vast potential with characters and settings. Theres so many stories we can tell. And now with Kojima gone the potential is there for that to actually happen.

I agree, but I wouldn't want the new team to have to stick to and be limited to what came before, the series is way too convoluted. Either continue on with the Raiden and the Rises series, or reboot because we pretty much know every there is to know in this series so far, and all the Snakes are dead.

I'd still like to see the Snakes comeback but someone else's interpretation of them.

Same here, the original story being a mix of original stealth gameplay and hack and slash sounded amazing. Plus, I want to see Solidus back, he's a great character.

Rises story was a joke, like literally a joke, a satire on the series basically, and while I enjoyed it, and thought it was funny, I think the original script sounded way more intriguing and helped fill in some of the gaps gaps in MGS2-MGS4.

Id of liked MGS Rising and what we got. If i had to choose one to keep, it would be the one we got. Much like anything MGS3 onwards, MGS Rising would of been pretty pointless just like 3, Peace walker, Portable ops and 5. Kojima after MGS2 had a fascination of making us play through games of events we already knew happened or knew what would be the result. So nothing new was added to the franchises other than characters for thoes specific games, who were wrote out by the end of thoes games. We already knew how Raiden got his new body, what happened before that, and what happened after that. So then to make a game about that would of been great for fleshing out his character and story, but its a character we already knew and events we already know took place ( and again, we would be going back in time so we already know the future of the series so it doesnt feel like anything truely can take place. its why the metal gear series has felt stagnant for a while and people are hanging their hats on the Revengeance franchise to take us in to an unknown future, be it comedy relief or crazy action ).

That true, but I prefer the stealth gameplay from MGS, if they continue on with Raiden then the series basically turns into a hack and slash series, that's why I kind of want a reboot. Either way, I'll probably be happy whatever direction they go in.

They could easily nurf Raiden in a future Metal Gear game, just arm the soldiers with High Frequency resistant armor or something. He can sneak up behind and stealth pull plugs out of the back of their necks or something as stealth, maybe even go back to the gun route. Or give him a " naked " mission where maybe he is kidnapped, unarmed and must make use of the tools around him ( vents, hiding under grating on the floor, rigging traps like steam pipes and explosives ect ).

Just takes a bit of creative writing to get around that. Hell, just have Raiden be betrayed by Maverick and whoever else is his benefactor and have him resort to using an old debunked body with limitations which bring him back close to human in ability :-/

I'm just not sure about Platinum anymore these days, they've been pumping out garbage, I read that the same team that worked on MGR is working on the new TMNT game, and that game looks really bad. I can't believe it's the same team.

I hope after seeing how profitable their gaming division is that Konami hires a talented team to take over.

Back