Metal Gear Solid Rising Official thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have this game day one for the PS3.

Same here man! The game's looking and sounding great from what we've seen, and heard so far. Perhaps for the release date, Kojima will be signing stuff again in another MGS World Tour :horror!

You won't be getting this one signed by David Hayter, that's for sure. :lol

It's a shame, because I have Hayter's autograph as well as Kojima's on my MGS3 and MGS4 boxes.

I thought that Medicom's MGS4 Raiden looked really nice, actually.

Yeah Raiden was a pretty cool figure! Always meant to pick it up but when I had money too it got too expensive for the lack of poseability and stuff! I saw people do some mods to the suit which basically meant the suit was destroyed because the seams were broken around the arms and crotch to allow poseability. Because if I had gotten Raiden I would have wanted to pose him in ready to fight stance. And all poses of him I've seen in people's displays have him stood up straight pretty much.:(

You won't be getting this one signed by David Hayter, that's for sure. :lol

It's a shame, because I have Hayter's autograph as well as Kojima's on my MGS3 and MGS4 boxes.

That's pretty cool! But, to tell you the truth, I'm not that concerned about getting David Hayter's signature. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to get one of my games signed by Snake one of these days, but if given a choice, I'd still choose Hideo.

Gahh, I'm really hoping this game will cater to the hardcore audience as well. Games these days are only thinking about the casual players, resulting in shallow mechanics/no combat depth. Give me something that takes some skill please.

Yeah Raiden was a pretty cool figure! Always meant to pick it up but when I had money too it got too expensive for the lack of poseability and stuff! I saw people do some mods to the suit which basically meant the suit was destroyed because the seams were broken around the arms and crotch to allow poseability. Because if I had gotten Raiden I would have wanted to pose him in ready to fight stance. And all poses of him I've seen in people's displays have him stood up straight pretty much.:(

Yup i actually did that mod im a sucker 4 having my articulation ..it was my first ever 1/6 fig ..selling it if anyone is interested ..but its totally taken apart at all the seams theres pics of it on my profile.

This game looks sweet ..but i don't like those slowmo bits ..id say that would break up the pace of the action, for me atleast.

Gahh, I'm really hoping this game will cater to the hardcore audience as well. Games these days are only thinking about the casual players, resulting in shallow mechanics/no combat depth. Give me something that takes some skill please.

You're kidding, right :horror?! This game is frickin' Zan-Datsu! Cutting stuff, ripping out guts, dismembering dudes limb from limb - it doesn't get any more hardcore than that.

You're kidding, right :horror?! This game is frickin' Zan-Datsu! Cutting stuff, ripping out guts, dismembering dudes limb from limb - it doesn't get any more hardcore than that.

I think what he is getting at is that motion controlled games don't usually fall under the "hardcore" title ..just look at the wii, but this game looks plenty hardcore 4 me even with it being a motion controlled game.

Yeah I was worried about the motion controlled nonsense and the fact that Kojima doesn't seem to be too involved in this title. They've also never really made a game like this before, I'm not sure how experienced they will be. I hope I won't be slashing through mindless enemies with no strategy involved like so many hack and slashers.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising coming to the PC Really surprise me.
Like E3 trailer so much 10/10

Last edited:
Trailer was awesome as most MGS trailers are. Been itching to see this game in action and I hope devs deliver on their promise to make a more action-oriented game and tweak the control to have Raiden move like he did in MGS 4 in real time. Though the cutting mechanic is a gimmick, it seem like a pretty good one. Just hope the game isn't one big tech demo.

Limit-NoN-Existent -- YGPM re: MGS4 RAH Raiden.

I think this game will include the swordplay/hack-n-slash of the old PS2 title Nanobreaker and the stealth of a game like MGS4. I like the idea of mixing the two and making Raiden more of an assassin versus a spy.

Sooo, can someone please explain how this will be a motion controlled game?

Will it not be standardized controls?

Video looks immense. :drool

^^^I'm sure it'll be both. You'll have the option of turning it on and off in the options. I'm not even sure how this'll work for 360 owners unless you'll have to own Kinect to do it, which is a no for me.

Back