Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I couldn't believe that Eva was BOTH the mother and father of Solidus. What a twist.

Don't get me started about David's (Solid Snake) foster parents turning out to be extraterrestrials. Geez man, effin' aliens? And they were helping Snake behind the scenes from MGS1-4 all this time? :slap

You know, I almost bought the game yesterday because I was getting such a discount on the game ($52, in rewards/general discounts at my Best Buy), but I figured 'I could waste that on better stuff' :lol hell, I almost bought the recent Kirby game over it.

Stop enticing me to get the game Ryan :cuss: it's not right! and stop these spoilers! I almost believed the Eva thing because Kojima is Kojima.

To anybody else who's played Deus Ex Human Revolution, does anyone else think that felt a lot more like a Metal Gear game than MGSV? I've been thinking about this and realised Kojima's strengths as a designer only seem to work in more confined environments - it felt like there was more to do and discover in the tanker section of MGS2 than the entire Afghanistan map of MGSV. It's like he had no idea how to handle an open world sandbox.

Maybe if MGSV had been more like Deus Ex HR - large hubs broken up by smaller environments and mission-specific areas (and a greater variety of those environments) - it would have been a better game.

Maybe if MGSV had been more like Deus Ex HR - large hubs broken up by smaller environments and mission-specific areas (and a greater variety of those environments) - it would have been a better game.
I do think you're right in that the environments being smaller like HR would have greatly benefited MGSV. There were definitely some moments in that game where the sneaking almost reminded me of some old MGS except it's just in first person (e.g. memorize guard pattern, using small corners to hide, take out enemies one by one, hide the bodies after laboriously dragging them around etc.)

Sure as hell makes me even more excited for Mankind Divided.

Found this pencil drawing of Solid Snake that I did a few years back. Forgot all about it.

2015-10-20%2003.31.20_zpswhbksvsk.png

Appreciating that Red Dwarf signature too Plissken, my gaming PC is actually named StarBug :p

Yup! Based on MGS4 Young Snake. There's a Peace Walker Big Boss drawn next to him too. I was originally going to draw all of the clones (and original) portraits side by side, but never finished it.

Red Dwarf is smegging great.

The remake wasn't that bad, and it did its' own thing rather than trying to be "better" than the original. In fact it was better than Robocop 2 and 3. Tell that to the new Terminator movie. :lol

Its just been brought to my attention that Jaeger is the german word for Hunter. So its Frank Hunter, and Naomi Hunter. Clever way to imploy language trickery to hide Naomi and Franks relationship to one-another until the end of the game. ( eventhough they dont explain the Jaegar/Hunter part) Its only took me 17 years to find it out.

Back