Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone's sake that isn't naive to how much he's completely lost vision on the series, I hope both just fade away to never return.

Except Rising.

He's apparently doing a new studio, but regardless of his name... I don't think he's going to carry the clout he used to have with Konami. He's a dinosaur, and I personally think he's over the hill to do anything amazing ever again.

....which isn't going to stop the dudebros from having a blind, fool's hope in him. But I'd like Metal Gear to sort of stop, it's highly story driven so it makes sense, with everyone's tale being over. Look at Uncharted, that series had a story to tell, and with Uncharted 4, the story ends, so Naughty Dog feels they have no reason to continue.

Metal Gear Rising would be fine however, it was great for what it did. Maybe we can get some jokes on parasites and Quiet :lol

MGS will stay in Konami, obviously, and I don't think they'll stop making MGS.

Kojima is in talks with Sony, which is good, I hope we go back to having Kojima stuff exclusive to Playstation.

I just hope he gets away from military narratives. And if he does stay in that mindset, it needs to be drastically different than MGS. He should do another mech game. It's really hard to peg on what he would be good at since he's only done one series.

But, I believe if what he does first doesn't catch on, that's that. It's a tall order considering he's following up arguably the biggest gaming franchise in history that spanned three decades.

I just hope he gets away from military narratives. And if he does stay in that mindset, it needs to be drastically different than MGS. He should do another mech game. It's really hard to peg on what he would be good at since he's only done one series.

But, I believe if what he does first doesn't catch on, that's that. It's a tall order considering he's following up arguably the biggest gaming franchise in history that spanned three decades.
Mech like Zone of the Enders? Unless that too is owned by Konami. Btw isn't Metal Gear almost three decades? the first game came out in 1987 I believe. not sure about 'size' however...
MGS will stay in Konami, obviously, and I don't think they'll stop making MGS.

Kojima is in talks with Sony, which is good, I hope we go back to having Kojima stuff exclusive to Playstation.
I wouldn't mind Sony exclusive Kojima stuff personally. I still say Konami should leave the Solid titles, and try their own thing.

ZOE as a property is probably still owned by them. It doesn't mean he can't do another mech game from the ground up.

I hope he gets away from the MEME GENE SCENE sense mantra, and just make a game for what it is.

I hate you... since you're right... :lol

I just wish people behind Kojima weren't just sheeple for the most part. If you love say MGSV, gawd bless. But for Christ sake, just acknowledge faults in it. I've gotten into so many arguments on FB about it.

ME: The game was unfinished.

THEM: IT WAS FINISHED, DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT!!?!?!!? IT HAD HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!?!?@!?@

Oy vey...

Even MGS1, which we all hold dear, has it's own little flaws in it. No where near some of the sequels are but still, none are perfect. I've contended that MGS3 is overrated many times... but does it make a bad game? **** no. It's brilliant, but I thought it didn't have the creative mind that MGS2 did.

And MGS2 we all pretty much hated at the beginning, but took many years to turn some of us around. Some still hate it, and I don't begrudge them for that. I still can feel that hate I had for it back then, so I can understand why it never grew on people.

ZOE as a property is probably still owned by them. It doesn't mean he can't do another mech game from the ground up.

I hope he gets away from the MEME GENE SCENE sense mantra, and just make a game for what it is.
Yeah, I am always for developers doing something completely new. If Kojima can do something different, I'll try it out. I am wondering about ZOE...
It will catch on though, and everybody will praise it whatever it is :lol

That's a facebook post from the future.
You know, Gaspar's not even trolling. That's the sad part :lol However...will Gaspar be one of those people? :monkey3
I hate you... since you're right... :lol

I just wish people behind Kojima weren't just sheeple for the most part. If you love say MGSV, gawd bless. But for Christ sake, just acknowledge faults in it. I've gotten into so many arguments on FB about it.

ME: The game was unfinished.

THEM: IT WAS FINISHED, DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT!!?!?!!? IT HAD HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!?!?@!?@

Oy vey...

Even MGS1, which we all hold dear, has it's own little flaws in it. No where near some of the sequels are but still, none are perfect. I've contended that MGS3 is overrated many times... but does it make a bad game? **** no. It's brilliant, but I thought it didn't have the creative mind that MGS2 did.

And MGS2 we all pretty much hated at the beginning, but took many years to turn some of us around. Some still hate it, and I don't begrudge them for that. I still can feel that hate I had for it back then, so I can understand why it never grew on people.
I really wish my viewers would listen to me on that, but no, they still ***** at me. Even though I will admit I went overboard, in the name of trolling/joking with my ******* commentator, on saying 'MGS1 is not perfect' :lol Joke was on me. I just hope you guys didn't listen to all of that.... :monkey3

But yeah, MGS1 is fine (I don't quite hold it dear, but I do hold MGS2/3 dear!) but man, that game DOES have its problems. PS1 games all sorta did - Crash for being maybe too simple, Spyro for potentially being monotous/collect-a-thon, RE for its controls and nuances - but MGS1 just gets away WAY too often. I honestly don't get why because most of the people I see do not give the same credibility to the same games I mentioned even if they did grow up with them...I know I missed FF, but I didn't grow up with it nor really played it. I do really respect MGS2 and 3 for not having much I can really hate on, it's really just some sequences but mechanically, I like what those games did. That and I don't really have baggage with those two for reasons...

MGS V's sheeple are bad. Like, really bad...I'm not surprised because this fanbase sucks, but wow, I didn't expect it to be this bad. Saying it's perfect and among the best in the series, noooo. Just no.... :lol I have to return to the game, but what I Saw so far left me mixed at best, and amused for the wrong reasons at worst.

Ugh Facebook is blowing up with fan fiction about how great Kojima next Sony project will be... one step at a time you jackasses.

Outer Konami someone said will be the studio name... this **** will never end, since Konami doesn't care to even mention what happened between he and the company. And I'm sure, he has some kinda NDA about his termination.

Outer Konami would be the funniest name ever, and the best way to say 'suck it' :rotfl though I wouldn't want it to be final.

Nope :lol

Amazing how rights work. You made it, but can't use it. It's going to be that way to the end of time.

Nope :lol

Amazing how rights work. You made it, but can't use it. It's going to be that way to the end of time.
Legit, that actually sucks. :lol

What next, he can't use the Shinkawa art? Hell, Shinkawa can't even use his own art? :rotfl

Legit, that actually sucks. :lol

What next, he can't use the Shinkawa art? Hell, Shinkawa can't even use his own art? :rotfl

I imagine Shinkawa can only use his (old)works in conjunction with Konami, unless otherwise stated in their contracts. Which it won't be. Which is ashame, I want more Artbook releases printed bigger higher quality etc..

Tbh the rights makes sense. If Kojima had agreed in his contract that he owns the property (like George Lucas did) then it's fine. That's perfectly fair. Just because Konami are arseholes doesn't mean they don't have rights.

I hope Shinkawa went with Kojima.

And I hope Kojima's next game is a Silent Hills-esque game.

I really don't care what Konami does, they're nothing but PES now.

I bet Shinkawa went with Kojima and that's what's holding up those Shinkawa inspired statues we saw a while back.

I bet Kojima names the studio Kojima Productions.

Back