Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to get my copy of the Lim Toys Aehab & Ismael deluxe set some days back, after certain circumstances had kept me waiting (huh). Many others have already said more about this set than I myself can, so I'll just say this much: thanks so much for producing and selling us such a solid figure, Firejclawjack/Lim Toys. First ever 1/6-scale/MGS figure I've handled, and it's been fun playing with it (posing, taking pics, etc.). It's/you're pretty good; can't wait to receive the tiger stripe D-pack as well. :pray:

A few comments/questions for Jack (if he sees this):
- The elbow joints... didn't really need to come so tight, I feel. (Like others, dealt with easily with the help of a hairdryer, thankfully.) :lol
- Interesting details on the boot soles, Jack. Were these details from the game files, or did you create them by yourself?
- This one's not so much of an issue, but recently saw (from promo pics) that the upcoming Dam Toys Assassin's Creed figures have nicely painted fingernails, so maybe Jack can consider doing the same for future Lim Toys figures...?

Recent random weird thought: not that I'd get this myself, but I wonder if Jack would ever feel like doing a figure/sculpt of Kojima one fine day (as seen in MGSV, and maybe with a Diamond Dogs uniform or something)... :rolleyes:

according to kghobby, they say the additional pack would be out in june more than likely. just fyi to anyone interested

"Kuwabara, Kuwabara...":lightnin
Any love for Colonel Volgin here guys? Recently finished sculpt, any interest-let me know!

-Santi

When i think about it, i've never see Volgin and Sandman from ECW at the same place at the same time.

What do you guys think of my paint job?
3f37b3598f496d674004328d1e9429ba.jpg
3a5dc68458d770a5a741df08857edac8.jpg

Nice! You painted yourself? The hair could use some darker wash. I think I used dark green back then.

Yeah, I did a base of brown streaks then I covered it with a blond color. I was going for the dirty blonde look. I don't think her hair was Ever green, I think it was just the game filter.
Also, the sculpt is different, i reused the yamato hair.

Thanks guys, I appreciate that. Yeah, I was bored last night so I transplanted a head that I bought into the Yamato hair and painted the lips, eyes, and hair. All I have to do is buy a body and sniperwolf will be done and I will reveal her. I have everything else including a wolf. I also am in the middle of redoing the boss sneaking suit which I'm not 100% comfortable with yet.

Back