Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na, the HT head with resculpted hair, on the Stallone or Arnold type bodies in Tigers is perfection. Medicom, while closer to the artwork, looks way too doll like next to all the modern figures.
share some pics please ? Very interested to see that figure, sounds great mate

Na, the HT head with resculpted hair, on the Stallone or Arnold type bodies in Tigers is perfection. Medicom, while closer to the artwork, looks way too doll like next to all the modern figures.
Well, it is subjective, but this is where I can't agree. Perfection for me is the closest to the in game model or cutscenes. I take a long look on that HT sculpt, it is not Naked Snake and I hate it even more lol. Even the MGS3 with modern engine doesn't look like that (pachinko). Yes, Medicom look like a doll because they barely painted it. It's just a flesh tone of the plastic material and slap the colors for eyes, lips, and hairs.

Tried abit of shading with a Gundam real touch marker (brown for hair, pink for skin and black for bandana, then used the blender marker to smoothen it all) looks less like a corpse now so that's something lol also did the same thing to the fingers
IMG_20211028_224950~2.jpg

hi guys
I never thought Ill be returnimg to metal gear again but today I score an old yamato konami doll of solid snake for $25 from japan.

am planing a simple kitbash by changing the body, repainting the tactical vest and some other parts of the outfit , but I am still looking for a good sculpt any recommendation out there ??

thanks in advance

hi guys
I never thought Ill be returnimg to metal gear again but today I score an old yamato konami doll of solid snake for $25 from japan.

am planing a simple kitbash by changing the body, repainting the tactical vest and some other parts of the outfit , but I am still looking for a good sculpt any recommendation out there ??

thanks in advance
That's a great price. Maybe you can track down an old Sean Dabbs headsculpt for MGS 2 Snake. Frank Jaeger (now inactive) used to sell them on the forum. He's now on Facebook, but I'm not sure if he still sells them or not.

That's a great price. Maybe you can track down an old Sean Dabbs headsculpt for MGS 2 Snake. Frank Jaeger (now inactive) used to sell them on the forum. He's now on Facebook, but I'm not sure if he still sells them or not.
That sounds fantastic, I'll probably ask (have nothing to lose) do you happen to know his facebook account??

Thanks

with limtoys teasing snake from mgs1 this custom is probable going to be replaced but still I want to try and finish it now that I have everything

Im preparing the body and the sculpt

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 64
Actually, Lim only teased MGS V Snake with the Sneaking Suit. Still waiting on news for either MGS 1 or MGS 2 Snake from them.
well I saw a pic of the classic socom from Limtoys I think it was from their instagram or probably it was just a pic , either way Ill be more than happy with a venom snake with the Ssuit

Looking great so far, keep us posted! Where did you get that sculpt and bandana by the way?
thanks man, and of course ill be posting my updates here , as I mention before its not going to be something big or diferent since Im just using the old yamato suit with some repaint on it

the sculpt Im using its a recast of the original war machine punisher , the bandana.. well I just trim a random fabric but Im probably gonna try and do it better:confused:

the body Im using its a coomodel narrow shoulder ver.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
well I saw a pic of the classic socom from Limtoys I think it was from their instagram or probably it was just a pic , either way Ill be more than happy with a venom snake with the Ssuit

I think it might just be a standalone accessory or an extra for Sneaking Suit Venom. Lim pretty much confirmed in the MGS Collectibles thread that they're not doing either the MGS 1 or 2 figures right now.

I think it might just be a standalone accessory or an extra for Sneaking Suit Venom. Lim pretty much confirmed in the MGS Collectibles thread that they're not doing either the MGS 1 or 2 figures right now.
Are you reading the thread correctly?
socom is definitely an accessory for MGS2.
They will release it next year.

Lim is doing MGSV and MGS2 Sneaking Suit versions.

A different company is doing MGS1 Sneaking Suit version.

I actually thought the pics were connected to the MGS V Sneaking Suit that they teased (granted, a SOCOM would be an odd accessory for Venom).

Love that there are more MGS offerings, regardless.

Wow, that looks amazing! I had no idea this thread existed but will definitely be following it now

Back