Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just cancelled the disguiser with onesixthkit. well, i sent them the email. hopefully he isnt a dink about it, i heard stories. sucks though that i lose my $25 deposit. oh well.

off to popeyes to git me sum chikin'

He probably won't care so long as you don't complain about the deposit to him. He's a decent guy with a great store but he can be really abrasive at times.

Don’t know about onesixthkit, but when I emailed kg hobby and told them I wanted to cancel my disguiser to buy the limtoys additional pack instead, they gave me store credit for my deposit to put on the limtoys pack instead, which I thought was pretty cool of them. Maybe onesixthkit will do the same.

i ordered both limtoys kits from kg hobby, all i had from onesixthkit was disguiser. doesnt matter anyways, they emailed me back with "order cancelled, thanks".

Arkham envy
Ok, that's just brilliant! :lol

It's funny how by tryin' too hard to make everything look High Def Kojibro went full retard and made everything look less realistic and aesthetically pleasing. The harder he try the dumber it gets, MGSV was a very good example of that.

Just in case any of you might be interested.
Heat Raiden's head a bit and pull the jaw out.
That way you can possition it the way you want and make his face a bit more articulated looking.

HQIVXnb.jpg

DOmjttz.jpg

5MLkw7T.jpg

You'd have to cut part of the plug (I did not, yet) to make it look like a hole in there.

___

Man, do I hate the way HT did MGS figures...
They couldn't even get Raiden's head right.
The face is not accurate to the game OR HD renders.
The jaw is just a crude hideous black piece of soft plastic...
Wouldn't THIS be better, hah?

r9jah5e.jpg

I'll try to find someone who can help me with 3D rendering and printing a new jaw.
Heck, maybe even a new head sculpt.

Those are not his upper teeth, his upper lip covers them.
But I understand why you'd think that. HT really f'd up.

3hmYRLN.png

XHPVs5k.jpg

Aside from MGS2 and MGS4 Snake, what do you guys think would be the absolute hardest MGS figure to tackle 1/6 scale not counting Metal Gear of course LMAO.

MGS2 Snake isn't hard at all, it's just a wetsuit with military gear.
But anything from MGS4 and MGR is pretty much impossible.

Aside from MGS2 and MGS4 Snake, what do you guys think would be the absolute hardest MGS figure to tackle 1/6 scale not counting Metal Gear of course LMAO.
Ive got a representation of every metal gear, some many times over, definitely dont want another unless its a shagohod or any metal gear from psp or pre mgs.

I think hardest would be greyfox, solidus, mgs2 raiden, jetstream sam, or mgs4 old snake.

Dying for any version of ocelot, i really like the mgs4 one one member has made and had shown here. Id be willing to buy it if hes willing to sell it. Ocelot was such an integral character, silly that he hasnt been done other than the janky mgsv pak. Another member did a mgsv ocelot and was selling it but i didnt want to spend what he was asking, he looked too slim and i didnt want to put the work in after to make him right after paying what it cost.

I have a bunch of customs, some need some updating. I need to bulk up the body or change it out completely and get the head repainted on my pw bb, he really sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

I also have mgs4 snake in his scrub pants, but since hes only got pants on i want the head and body painted and i know thatll cost a lot.

I have the mgs4 young snake sculpt, It needs to be painted. Im not sure if im going to even do that figure because i need his trenchcoat outfit and i know ill have to have it custom made, obviously thatll cost a whole lot.

I have a custom venom snake, scrapping even getting a repaint on the head and bulking up the body because of the limtoys one coming out.

I did a custom the boss od bdu, looking for a head sculpt for it and the sneaking suit version. Still needs some pouches and some glove extensions like the inflames bdu had.

I have a rocco quiet sculpt ive been hanging on to, not sure if ill have it painted or sell it. I have the knockoff quiet figure complete but not sure if ill use it on that.

I have the mgs2 snake and pliskin head im waiting on. My pliskin is practically done, just needs the bullets on the vest, correct boots and the head and hes done. Well see when matt gets my stuff out.

The completed custom figures i do have are; mgs4 - old bb, old snake in suit w/ burnt face, old snake sneaking suit, old snake sneaking suit olive drab with face mask, raiden (medi not custom yet), mgs3 - the boss (hot toys), naked snake sneaking suit (sean dabbs custom head with eye patch), naked snake tiger stripe bdu with no eye patch and face camo, mgs1 - solid snake, liquid snake, psycho mantis, snow bdu genome soldier.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Its a reimagination, not the original. Who cares about a non cannon version. Im not a fan. If someone calls that anything other than solid snake then i think it looks great. Basically, who is that guy? We have no clue, but were not calling him solid snake.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back