Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Identical."

Maybe for the Reddit Kojicucks.

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.jpg

Go buy and play the game for the first time, and check back k?

I quite like him in the mgs2 render I must admit. I definitely prefer than render to the smash bros big boss look alike (The beard!) The legacy render of him in mgs1 isn’t my favouritr But I don’t mind it. I have a framed picture of the mgs1 render signed by hayter after all.

"Identical."

Maybe for the Reddit Kojicucks.

View attachment 390164

View attachment 390165

Go buy and play the game for the first time, and check back k?

Oh look, internet tough guy here thinks "go play the game for the first time" is a good line, are you a relic from the opening days of the internet or something? The render is a perfectly acceptable interpretation of the MGS2 design through a modern lens.

I think MGS2 is one of the best games ever made, but I can admit that the model is dated and it would look soft/goofy as hell if sculpted accurately. For someone who does so much bitching and moaning about "kojicucks" as you do, you sound just like them "REEEEEEEEE they changed a 17 year old polygonal face to look modern! THEY ARE DILUTING KOJIMAS MASTERFUL VISION!!111"

Might as well go full retard and throw a hissy fit if an MGS1 snake figure doesn't look just like this: solid_snake_mgs_psx_by_sidneymadmax-d5copc3.jpg

Yeah that's the case with HT MGS3 Naked Snake. They used the reference from the illustration of MGS3 Nintendo DS. It's not what we know from the game. That's why people still want an in game version. And by the way to go full retard and use a face from MGS PS1 version, there's a figure of that, Nendoroid, it's an alternate head option, look it up. I think that's quite a good idea, quite funny.

Correct. Kojima keeps approving Snake’s redesign over the years and none of them match up to the lean, mean, sexy cheekbones Snake from MGS1,2 & 3. The 3DS promo render was okay, but I was hampered when Hot Toys used that for their figure. As for those who say it’s “impossible” to make figures off the 3D renders of the old games, then look up what Sean Dabbs did.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/122681593@N07/Y21z8B

I'm fine with interprepotatoations, as long as they look like 80's Mel Gibson and/or Michael Biehn.

Legacy renders of Solid Snake look like ass men in futuristic space suits.

I dislike MGS 4's young snake the most.
It does not look like solid snake.
I do not want you to refer to MGS 4's young snake when Fireclawjack makes MGS 2 snake.

What do you think, guys?

I quite like him in the mgs2 render I must admit. I definitely prefer than render to the smash bros big boss look alike (The beard!) The legacy render of him in mgs1 isn’t my favouritr But I don’t mind it. I have a framed picture of the mgs1 render signed by hayter after all.

For the purposes you're using that for, it's fine. But to believe that it's acceptable rendition of Snake from the first game to transition into figure form, is just completely incorrect. Same goes for the MGS2 render. Who cares if it's a dated PS2 game, it's still a human face :dunno

I dislike MGS 4's young snake the most.
It does not look like solid snake.
I do not want you to refer to MGS 4's young snake when Fireclawjack makes MGS 2 snake.

What do you think, guys?

I don't mind it only due to the fact it's a younger Old Snake model. The problem is his eye color was retconned to blue and it's a completely different face from MGS2. It looks even younger than that game.

Oh look, internet tough guy here thinks "go play the game for the first time" is a good line, are you a relic from the opening days of the internet or something? The render is a perfectly acceptable interpretation of the MGS2 design through a modern lens.

I think MGS2 is one of the best games ever made, but I can admit that the model is dated and it would look soft/goofy as hell if sculpted accurately. For someone who does so much bitching and moaning about "kojicucks" as you do, you sound just like them "REEEEEEEEE they changed a 17 year old polygonal face to look modern! THEY ARE DILUTING KOJIMAS MASTERFUL VISION!!111"

Might as well go full retard and throw a hissy fit if an MGS1 snake figure doesn't look just like this: View attachment 390195

The Nendoroid Solid Snake did exactly what you mentioned.

Yeah ffejero, that Jameson Rook guy is off his rockers. Ha ha haaa... like he knows anything bout MGS 2. I mean, did he even play MGS 2? I think not.

Back