Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah ffejero, that Jameson Rook guy is off his rockers. Ha ha haaa... like he knows anything bout MGS 2. I mean, did he even play MGS 2? I think not.

I’d post a GIF if I’m not stuck with Iphone’s safari browser right now.

I’d post a GIF if I’m not stuck with Iphone’s safari browser right now.

I am on my Safari browser right now.

P5TeuEh.gif

I am on my Safari browser right now.

P5TeuEh.gif

Let’s see you post GIFs once I kick your sorry hide in Metal Gear Online... assuming there are people still playing. Seriously, the servers are dead except for them crazy Japanese.

Let’s see you post GIFs once I kick your sorry hide in Metal Gear Online... assuming there are people still playing. Seriously, the servers are dead except for them crazy Japanese.

Oh it’s on mother ruckerr. Me and my boy ffejero are going to kick your sorry German ass back to Konami. I’m always ready to play MGS V - the greatest game of all time. Let alone the greatest MGS title ever released.

Funny thing, I was actually listening to the soundtrack for that sorry game last night and it’s not half bad :lol. Most of the songs aren’t memorable in any way, though. In fact, none of them are.

If by soundtrack you mean actual 80's songs then they're all pretty kewl.
If you mean original musical score then it sucks arse.

I only liked some of the trailer music, that's it.

Was there any MGS tunes in it? The main theme is a no go given the main theme was ripped off another song and we got saddled with MGS Saga in MGS4... which I don't mind. All it was is the one tune from Snake Eater.

Sins of the Father and Quiet's Theme were the only good themes. Thanks to Akihiro Honda.
The Fall of Mother Base by Gregson-Williams is ok.

I don't remember hearin' old MGS themes in V.

If by soundtrack you mean actual 80's songs then they're all pretty kewl.
If you mean original musical score then it sucks arse.

I thought that “Boss’s theme” and “V has come to” were pretty rad. But, I really can’t even point them to a scene. They’re good as stand alone tracks without any reference to anything.

That game is so unidentifiable. It didn't know what it wanted to be.

It’s like V was the complete and total antithesis of MGS 2, on which the goal was to create a game that disregarded all of Kojima’s core beliefs and themes that were previously relevant in MGS 2.

Honestly, I think Kojima was abducted by a Shadow Government and replaced by a body double :lol. Seriously, there’s no other explanation on how he’s changed so much over the years.

He lost his ghost writer. When Ryan brought that up a couple years back, it really brought clarity to the drop in quality of the series after Snake Eater.

He can direct, but he cannot write anymore than a plot outline.

He lost his ghost writer. When Ryan brought that up a couple years back, it really brought clarity to the drop in quality of the series after Snake Eater.

He can direct, but he cannot write anymore than a plot outline.

I kind of wonder how much he has actually written. The writing for MGS 1-3 were spectacular (even the cheesiness of the dialogues were pretty cool). V was just this monotone, and ridiculous diatribe about “revenge” - which we needed to be reminded of every step of the way.

Nope. Just more modern bland crap for CoD loving audience to clap to.

CoD has some decent tracks man :lol

Nope. Just more modern bland crap for CoD loving audience to clap to.

He actually can't anymore. MGSV' cutscenes looked like ass and draged forever.

BUH... BUH... MUH JEEPZ SCENEZ!

I kind of wonder how much he has actually written. The writing for MGS 1-3 were spectacular (even the cheesiness of the dialogues were pretty cool). V was just this monotone, and ridiculous diatribe about “revenge” - which we needed to be reminded of every step of the way.

CoD has some decent tracks man :lol

POST #3077

DIRECTOR SNAKE PLISSKEN

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER SOLIDUS

ART DIRECTOR RIDDICK

Woaaaaah ohhhhhhhh!!!!

I quite like him in the mgs2 render I must admit. I definitely prefer than render to the smash bros big boss look alike (The beard!) The legacy render of him in mgs1 isn’t my favouritr But I don’t mind it. I have a framed picture of the mgs1 render signed by hayter after all.

Both the MGS1 AND 2 renders look sublime! The only issue with the MGS1 is he's too beefed up

For the purposes you're using that for, it's fine. But to believe that it's acceptable rendition of Snake from the first game to transition into figure form, is just completely incorrect. Same goes for the MGS2 render. Who cares if it's a dated PS2 game, it's still a human face :dunno

MGS2 Is in my top 3 games is almost time. I love that render, but outside of the game.. It's kinda ugly.

It didn't look right on that custom, except only I specific lighting.

It really does need an update for a sculpt

I don't mind it only due to the fact it's a younger Old Snake model. The problem is his eye color was retconned to blue and it's a completely different face from MGS2. It looks even younger than that game.

That model looks alright without a bandana on. With one it's a nightmare.. I think a blend of this and MGS2 Snake render Is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both the MGS1 AND 2 renders look sublime! The only issue with the MGS1 is he's too beefed up

MGS2 Is in my top 3 games is almost time. I love that render, but outside of the game.. It's kinda ugly.

It didn't look right on that custom, except only I specific lighting.

It really does need an update for a sculpt

That model looks alright without a bandana on. With one it's a nightmare.. I think a blend of this and MGS2 Snake render Is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't judge that headsculpt when it wasn't even accurate in the first place.

Back