Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those boxes that are being shown are just for display purposes, the picture I posted the other day shows the new raiden statue its the one from Union creative

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here
18228e916c3fe5b2aa21437d4de56952.jpg
fc91df851dcf9c6faf3ee337e23895c6.jpg
dc6cb5fe70dec200ba516e6ffa25aa2c.jpg

So I met Solid Snake himself, David hayter a couple of days ago at Manchester comic con. He signed a print for me which I have since framed. The print says:
"Rob, kept you waiting huh? Snake"

Pretty awesome!

He also signed a base from a 1:6 figure that I have modified to use with my play arts Kai Solid Snake figure. I drilled holes in and placed clear Perspex over the signature to protect it from the figures feet then inserted some metal inserts into the holes.

He was really cool, he shook everyone's hand, gave people enough time and chatted to them and asked where we were from. :rock

61d0acce5823813fbcdd4ae7af85556d.jpg
8a7e2405881542874a79e0fbd31edc40.jpg

Im so envious of you, very cool stuff man!

Was the head sculpt repainted on that solid snake or is that the amnur sculpt?

That's all kinds of awesome :duff

Im so envious of you, very cool stuff man!

Was the head sculpt repainted on that solid snake or is that the amnur sculpt?

I didn't even notice that. Definitely repainted.
Thanks lads!

Actually, d'you know what, I went at the head with some nail polish remover. There was excess grey in his ears and mouth and on his chin. And he had the most awful wash under his eyes. It just looked awful. And I was sick of posing him so you couldn't see his face. I thought what the hell, and tried to strip the wash away while Maintaining the eye paint. I thought if it goes wrong, I'll get it repainted. Well It worked. It looks miles better. The mouth and eye paint are still there.

I was really worried that my figure was a re-cast when I first got it, there were those (never proven) articles online stating which points to look for which identified it as a recast. One of them was the bandana being none removealbe and none articulated. Mine was like this. Until I recently forced it until it kinda snapped out of position! Now it is articulated. That combined with the face wash just makes me believe it was a victim of play arts Kai well known awful QC. It was brand new out of Japan as soon as it released too. I was probably just worrying too much at the time.

Either way I love the figure.

@Platty-that is so cool. David Hayter IS Snake. I don't care what anybody, including Kojima says. On a side note, I did not know the price of the Revoltech Raiden had raised so much. I was going to sell mine for cheap, then saw on ebay it's selling for over $100. Guess Raiden is still pretty popular.

@Platty : I doesnt like MGS1 Solid Snake from PlayArts. But after seeing your PlayArts Solid Snake make me want one of those.

So I met Solid Snake himself, David hayter a couple of days ago at Manchester comic con. He signed a print for me which I have since framed. The print says:

Pretty awesome!

He also signed a base from a 1:6 figure that I have modified to use with my play arts Kai Solid Snake figure. I drilled holes in and placed clear Perspex over the signature to protect it from the figures feet then inserted some metal inserts into the holes.

He was really cool, he shook everyone's hand, gave people enough time and chatted to them and asked where we were from. :rock

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170804/61d0acce5823813fbcdd4ae7af85556d.jpg[/IMG]IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170804/8a7e2405881542874a79e0fbd31edc40.jpg[/IMG]

Damn, that is awesome.

@Platty-that is so cool. David Hayter IS Snake. I don't care what anybody, including Kojima says. On a side note, I did not know the price of the Revoltech Raiden had raised so much. I was going to sell mine for cheap, then saw on ebay it's selling for over $100. Guess Raiden is still pretty popular.
Thanks man! Yes. He will always be snake.

@Platty : I doesnt like MGS1 Solid Snake from PlayArts. But after seeing your PlayArts Solid Snake make me want one of those.
Thank you, I take that as a huge compliment. Good luck Finding one, I hope you do. I believe they go for quite a lot of money now.

Damn, that is awesome.
Thanks a lot :) I'm really pleased with it.

Pretty awesome!

61d0acce5823813fbcdd4ae7af85556d.jpg
8a7e2405881542874a79e0fbd31edc40.jpg
Gorgeous figure.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

@platty

That solid snake looks amazing without the ****** stock face paint [emoji108]

A little offtopic , thanks to mandarake I finally got it

I still prefer my medicom RAH but I have to admit that this figure is really ... Really well done

fd35bb0477808f906c7c68929bed2853.jpg
0c21f75e5792ad5b677b2e8c03b38dcd.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

Back