Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had both versions of Revoltech Raiden for a good year+ just hanging around in storage. Decided to crack open the white version yesterday and what a nice little figure. Getting the figure to stand in a neutral pose is a PITA but to get him into action poses is super easy and stable. I hated Revoltechs for the longest time but the recent Marvel ones brought me back to mess with the other ones I already have.

It's a great figure

i don't have the normal ver. But with this one is more than enough for me
c8660ba7c58ac2ed2b146516a11fb0db.jpg
d2beb728aff4dcff77399e7d983dfc35.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

I got both. Revoltech did an excellent job on those.

I got the Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes Big Boss figures, and I really should list them since I don't want them anymore.

The normal pw ver. Is not that bad either

The only figures that I can't withstand are the playarts [emoji19]
11554baeddc69d383313dd74969f6fec.jpg
12f4b39b43cdd14c75ea49097a955e7d.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

Remember that hot the MGS figure poll? What a tease. It had MGS2 Snake on it. :(

Can't believe how badly they're handled having the license!!

I remember right MGS4 raised won that then Grey Fox then Snake right??

Do they still have the licence? I don't think it was in their preview magazine this year

I remember right MGS4 raised won that then Grey Fox then Snake right??

Do they still have the licence? I don't think it was in their preview magazine this year
I remember it definitely wasn't snake that won it.

And I haven't got a clue. Hopefully some one picks it up if HT haven't got it. After seeing that custom MGS2 snake in the customs section I'm just craving a quality solid snake in my collection more than ever.

I remember it definitely wasn't snake that won it.

And I haven't got a clue. Hopefully some one picks it up if HT haven't got it. After seeing that custom MGS2 snake in the customs section I'm just craving a quality solid snake in my collection more than ever.

I seriously doubt we'll see a HT MGS figure in the future. For one, the VGM line is an afterthought for HT and secondly, they blew it with the abysmal Space Suit Snake and Terrible Tranny Boss, they're now nothing more than bargain bin figures.

It took forever for them to disappear off retailer sites. They bungled both of them, and Raiden is a QC nightmare. Fanta Peen isn't getting done.

Well, at least Raiden looked the part, despite the many many issues so I'm grateful we got that. Snake and the Boss looked like rotten roadkill, with both contending for the worst HT figures ever made. :lol

I think the Chainsaw Ganado might be the worst with them on top. I think overall the Boss is closer to the source material than Snake, even though Boss looks like Non from Superman II.

I could live with the naked snake sculpt, but that suit they made the figure in, it was an awful suit in the game, never mind as a figure. God knows why HT chose to make that suit. Terrible decision.

I'm kind of over big boss and most of the metal gear franchise really, anything after mgs3 is meh for ne. But solid snake is and will always be one of my top characters and MGS1&2 my top games.

I guess since it would have both him and Boss in Sneaking Suits. I always assumed they would do another version of Naked Snake in the BDU given it reads "Sneaking Suit Version" on his stand.

I could live with the naked snake sculpt, but that suit they made the figure in, it was an awful suit in the game, never mind as a figure. God knows why HT chose to make that suit. Terrible decision.

I'm kind of over big boss and most of the metal gear franchise really, anything after mgs3 is meh for ne. But solid snake is and will always be one of my top characters and MGS1&2 my top games.

I remember reading that with figures it's the IP owner that chooses what can get made next. Sooo that's Konamis fault.

Why they don't make MGS1 Snake and Fix everytime I don't know. Those two sell out and blow up on the after market every time, regardless!!

I remember reading that with figures it's the IP owner that chooses what can get made next. Sooo that's Konamis fault.

Why they don't make MGS1 Snake and Fix everytime I don't know. Those two sell out and blow up on the after market every time, regardless!!

Actually, it's quite the opposite. I read a story by either Neca or Gecco that Konami isn't interested in making toys out of their IPs, which is the reason why it's so hard to see figures from say, Castlevania or Silent Hill. The reason MGS got so many toys was because of Kojima and Shinkawa, and as you've seen trough many Twitter reveals, they both control how the product looks and Shinkawa tends to design them. MGS collectibles have slowed down to almost nothing after the pair left.

So yes, Konami does own the IPs, and technically it should be up to them on what's produced but they're not interested and it probably would be up to toy manufacturers to convince them for a license to do a particular line.

I blame Hot Toys 100%. They saw this CG renders release around the 3DS remaster or MGS3 and thought it would be logical to make them. Then they did that fan poll where MGS4 Raiden won so they made Revengence Raiden because the game just came out. They did the same thing to this line they did to Watchmen.

I would have thought we'd get more, seeing as they've made soo many Resident Evil figures. And I think MGS is at least as big a franchise

Back