Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbh, im not surprised we didnt get anything either. Kojima and shinkawa arent envolved anymore, so why would we? Im actually more surprised that f4f is getting to do something with mgs. Theres still the raiden statue and those gay mini figures to look forward to i guess.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

but theres already a superior PC version. why would you want another less superior port on the PS4?

MGS4 was never ported. The PC port of MGR wasn't great unlike GZ or TPP, is digital only and not is for sale in Asia.

I've been trying to get a ballpark estimated value of my Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Kai Sneaking Suit Version Zero I got signed at the 2010 San Diego Comicon and I think I may have just stumbled upon the guys to ask. Any idea?

unnamed.jpg

The Version Zero figure is pretty rare, and so is seeing a signed one these days. I've noticed that the prices for MGS items with Kojima's signature have gone up considerably on Ebay. But, here's a question: do you have any proof of authenticity of the signature? Such as: promo material, or receipts at the day of the signing? I'm assuming that you got your figure signed at a Uniqlo store during Kojima's 2010 "World Tour", correct?

I believe I have a picture of me getting it signed if I dig through my thousands of con pics.

Oh, and no it wasn't at a Uniqlo store, I've never even heard of that. It was at San Diego Comicon 2010 at what I believe what was the Square Enix booth oddly enough. They had Play Arts figures at the booth for Final Fantasy 13 and Kingdom Hearts and a few other properties like Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear. I was just standing there and one of the booth guys told me that if I bought a Metal Gear figure Kojima would be there the next day for a signing and I'd be given a time and ticket. The only reason I picked this specific figure was that the other Snake was sold out, I had no idea this was a limited edition of such a small run until just a few years ago.

Well, the DieSnake site is long dead, pardon the pun. I loved that site and it was a great place to ascertain the value of a MGS collectible.

I believe I have a picture of me getting it signed if I dig through my thousands of con pics.

Oh, and no it wasn't at a Uniqlo store, I've never even heard of that. It was at San Diego Comicon 2010 at what I believe what was the Square Enix booth oddly enough. They had Play Arts figures at the booth for Final Fantasy 13 and Kingdom Hearts and a few other properties like Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear. I was just standing there and one of the booth guys told me that if I bought a Metal Gear figure Kojima would be there the next day for a signing and I'd be given a time and ticket. The only reason I picked this specific figure was that the other Snake was sold out, I had no idea this was a limited edition of such a small run until just a few years ago.

Yeah, you'll need to authenticate it with some kind of proof, because there have been lots of fake Kojima signatures circulating on Ebay. That story of yours should provide further evidence with a picture (if you have one).

And yeah, it's a pretty limited figure. By itself, it's worth a lot, with a signature, it should be a heck of a lot more.

Well, the DieSnake site is long dead, pardon the pun. I loved that site and it was a great place to ascertain the value of a MGS collectible.

Hes got videos on youtube too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

After DieSnake went defunct years back, I joined up with Metal Gear JD. The last I heard, Violent_Snake (the admin for DieSnake) sold out his entire MGS collection. I really miss those sites - met some cool peeps. There were also a lot of compulsive weirdos, who were spending hundreds of dollars on random junk related to MGS (such as the MGS 3 meat can).

Back