Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone own a copy of Twin Snakes for the Gamecube? If you do, go ahead and check the label side of both discs and take note if there's something out of the ordinary. I'll tell the reason after the first guy who checks their disc. Good luck!

nope, one of the things i dont own. i refuse to pay $50 for it, especially in the condition some people are trying to sell it in. i cant even play it because i dont even own a gamecube anymore.

nope, one of the things i dont own. i refuse to pay $50 for it, especially in the condition some people are trying to sell it in. i cant even play it because i dont even own a gamecube anymore.

The game is highly sought after because it never received a third print. You can always get a used $20 Wii if you want to play the game. You'll need at least $250 if you plan to use a GameCube. :slap

Opened up my copy of Twin Snakes to look at the disks. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Seems normal to me.

Opened up my copy of Twin Snakes to look at the disks. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Seems normal to me.

Congrats. It seems most of the prints suffer from disc rot, you can check the label and see any cracking/wrinkling/peeling. I wasn't aware that it was so widespread until collecting forums started pointing it out. (Video below specifically points out TTS).

fuffuBB.jpg

Skip to 3:50

Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping it was going to be something cool like when Kojima wanted to make the Snatcher disk smell like blood as it played in the Sega CD. Instead, I now get to be paranoid about another Metal Gear item I own rotting.

Damn, I was hoping it was going to be something cool like when Kojima wanted to make the Snatcher disk smell like blood as it played in the Sega CD. Instead, I now get to be paranoid about another Metal Gear item I own rotting.

I wouldn't worry too much about it since you can't do anything to prevent it. It seems it too widespread by now and even if you have perfect discs, they're bound to happen someday due to how it's manufactured.

As that video mentioned, it's harder now to find perfect copies than wrinkling ones, I can attest to that. :lol

I bought my copy on release. I was like thirteen at the time so I probably didn't take the best care of my stuff. I played the Holy hell out of it and it still looks practically new.

I would have said the cracking had you been more specific. I was looking for an error or something practically hidden. I see plenty of "disk rotten" examples on ebay, i would never have guessed thats what you were eluding to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My first disc has one long 'crack' but it's the label, not the disc itself. As long as the disc itself is fine I'm good.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Anyone interested in an overpriced statue ?
Dunno if this is real or not, but this brings hope :pray:

17265043_398827923818595_2403502737145513402_n.jpeg

17362642_398827927151928_7500225339148017648_n.jpeg

Where did these pics come from? I'd definitely be interested in a Gecco Cyborg Ninja. Their stuff is top notch but so far the specific characters they've made for MGS haven't interested me.I will say that for such a dynamic character that pose is a bit boring, though.

I dont know....looks like the pak glued strategically. The ankles kinda give it away. I hope im wrong, i totally would go for this. If they did make ninja im sure solid would be made as well. Another thing that doesnt look gecco is the base. The one thing that does make me think its really a statue is the wrists and elbows, theyre one piece but could possible be resculpted. Mgs1 collectables are definitely welcomed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back