Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Jason really raised the bar on displaying MGS figures. Chilling at night in my dark office with a puny desk lamp suddenly doesn't cut it anymore. :lol

iz92.jpg

k8vp.jpg

Thanks a lot ryan, pm for some lighting. I wont beat you up on the price and i can do both shelves for you. Send me your shelf widths.

sent from a tormented past

Hey guys... a bit of advice please

I bought the medicom udf#2 set of ebay sealed and new and received it 2day, but in horrible condition, all of the the plastic came of the cards during the shipment. i read somewhere that its common that the plastic can come of due to poor glueing by medicom. I haven't got any response from seller yet. do u guys think i can blame the seller for this? i think it couldve been packaged more carefull by seller, Any1 got experience with damaged goods? and if its the seller fault would i get the shipping fee returned or just the money for the figures

I bought the medicom udf#2 set of ebay sealed and new and received it 2day, but in horrible condition, all of the the plastic came of the cards during the shipment. i read somewhere that its common that the plastic can come of due to poor glueing by medicom. I haven't got any response from seller yet. do u guys think i can blame the seller for this? i think it couldve been packaged more carefull by seller, Any1 got experience with damaged goods? and if its the seller fault would i get the shipping fee returned or just the money for the figures

How were they packed?
I've had an item damaged due to poor packaging. It was a kubrick mgs4 raiden. I paid $6 for shipping, he shipped it first class in newspaper in a bubble envelope when it should have been a small box. raiden's helmet was cracked, paint scuffed and katana broken in two. I was able to get a partial refund when I listed the damages and say its value has gone down. I think half of total paid was refunded. The seller would likely so the same for you.

Was it mentioned in the description than the card might had been loose before shipping?
If not then the seller should have packed them more securely. It might have been really humid that the glue lifted during shipment.

If the seller does not respond in your favor, open a Item damaged case on ebay. this will have you return the item for full refund.

Awesome!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 4

Thanks bro!

Thanks a lot ryan, pm for some lighting. I wont beat you up on the price and i can do both shelves for you. Send me your shelf widths.

Appreciate that Jason, thanks. If I can't manage to make one myself, I know who to call. :hi5:

Sorry to hear that. I've heard there are bootlegs of the UDF Medicom but I have no idea if that is true. You have to review the sellers' return policy to be sure, plus drop him a PM at the very least. Good luck.

Yeah it's quite common for the medicom UDF series figures. I ordered both series 1 & 2 together from the US and by the time they got to me, 6 out of 10 plastics had already separated from their card. When I bought the figures from EBAY, they looked perfect. The gluing is really bad for the UDF series.

I bought an extra series 2 set from amazon and they also suffered the same problem a few months later.

Theres only bootlegs of the series 1 udf figures. Btw bbts is taking po for a reissue of those for $100. The series 2 has no bootlegs. The glue was always an issue on these udfs. Mine are glued, all had clean breaks between the card and blister. Just have to be super careful and very light on the glue.

:clap

I love your work man. I need to send you all the medicom heads once they arrive! oh and sniper wolf's boots as well :p

Thanks buddy. You've got a lot of headsulpts now than ever before, I've definitely got my work cut out for me. :lol

I'm trying to get hold of an airbrush/compressor combo, we'll see how that turns out.

Theres only bootlegs of the series 1 udf figures. Btw bbts is taking po for a reissue of those for $100. The series 2 has no bootlegs. The glue was always an issue on these udfs. Mine are glued, all had clean breaks between the card and blister. Just have to be super careful and very light on the glue.

I didn't know that, good intel Jason.

Yeah, i ordered a new set from bbts because i have 3 bootlegs in my collection that are driving me nuts. Mgs2 snake, mgs2 raiden, and mgs4 octocamo facemask old snake. All three of them say mgs4 snake octocamo facemask on the description and the card is more of a brown/yellow opposed to the official dark brown/greenish yellow theyre supposed to be. Needless to say i welcome the reissue. Im gonna recoup the monies through resale on ebay of my old set. If anyone needs an old snake and mgs3 snake from the 20th ann. Set lemme know after the reissue.

Did you guys know that if we Google pics of the MGS Hot Toys, Medicom etc, pics tend to appear from this forum? It's slightly unnerving to know pics of my room are publicly on the net. :lol

Funny you say that. I posted on my flickr a pic of snake and the boss and it got 120 views in one day. I also posted it in this forum too.

I see my photos when I do some searches sometimes. Whenever I try to find a Snake Plissken image, all I find are all the douchey gifs I've posted :lol

Never got around to posting pictures of my custom and weathered 1/48 scale hellfire missiles for REX:
QmBjH2Fl.jpg
KXTajK4l.jpg

In action with Old Snake and my 100% original and sculpted Mk. III and Raiden:
1dg7rc2l.jpg
tfsnIqBl.jpg

Awesome work! The mk is really big though, id put it with rah old snake.

Thanks! The Mk. III isn't a perfect 1/48 scale but he is definitely nowhere near 1/6 scale. Here's a pic with RAH Old Snake to put the scale into perspective:

r10LILIl.jpg

I painted a rectangular piece of plastic with a background of Citadel Ice Blue paint mixed with white and an inner oval of the same colors but with a greater white:ice blue ratio.

Back