Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tajezema.jpg

8uqu9eju.jpg

vuvypupu.jpg

sent from a tormented past

Its my first koto rex, ryan. I never built it so its still brand new, all the packages are sealed inside but the box doesnt come sealed. Thanks mister friction, if you buy nice cabinets i can build any kind you like.

Wait, you like tinkering with stuff, why haven't you built the Rex yet? I'm getting one next month, but I don't have an airbrush so I have to paint her the old fashioned way.

Any of you bought the ThreeA Rex? That thing is freaking amazing.

Most of the rich kids here has one. :lol

You just answered your own question ry. I need an airbrush, when i buy one my koto rex/ray/ect will be perfect. I know how to paint but lack the professional tools and im too ocd to half *** it.

You put together lights for displays? Cooool. :)

I have a kick *** airbrush, but I haven't used it yet. I've been too busy. I need to get used to using so I can paint some Gunpla. Then I'll do Koto REX. I'm not really a big fan of the ThreeA stuff. I was not impressed by their REX. It's big, that's it really imo. Which doesn't matter to me, b/c it's out of scale anyway. The Koto one is fine, just paint it and there you go. Better for me personally.

You put together lights for displays? Cooool. :)

I have a kick *** airbrush, but I haven't used it yet. I've been too busy. I need to get used to using so I can paint some Gunpla. Then I'll do Koto REX. I'm not really a big fan of the ThreeA stuff. I was not impressed by their REX. It's big, that's it really imo. Which doesn't matter to me, b/c it's out of scale anyway. The Koto one is fine, just paint it and there you go. Better for me personally.

Too many quality control issues makes it a major headache. It's not worth the cash.

Whatever length, combination, or color. Fully warrantied. Pretty reasonable pricing depending how much light you want per cube. I went the candle light route with warm white color on my collection.

If you wanna get into quality vs price i dont think anything i have is truly worth it. I just love the depictions so much. Rexs paint is top notch. That one thing 3a does really well. Its pvc but the scraping and weathering make it look metallic. If you ever want to replicate that look on the koto you have to paint it chrome, then rust, then the final coat will be his paint. The you have to use the finest grit sand paper to expose the layers very gradually.

Nah plis was talking about the 3a versionand i was referencing it. The koto i heard falls apart at the ball joints a lot. That it though i think.

Koto REX is fine but the joints are a bit loose. 3A REX has good quality I guess but the joints are terrible and some people have crooked heads and or jaws. Some people got really loose legs on it. A lot of people complained about issues with the electronics too, not lighting up or lighting up on they're own.

Well, Koto REX is a modeling kit, so loose joints come with the territory. Kits needs a certain level of customization (eg. plastic cement, glue, modeling clay), besides just snapping the pieces together. It's kind of the reason why I haven't fixed up my Koto REX as yet :lol. The last modeling kit I built was a Master Grade Gundam RX 78-2, and that took me a few weeks.

The last model kit I put together was a Gundam about 13 years ago. I'm a bit intimidated by the Koto REX and I know that once I get it, I have this compulsion to put it together immediately, and we all know that's no way to approach a model kit.

I'm also not sure if looks good painted by hand. I did a Google search but didn't find much.

To be honest, I don't know that much about putting together a model kit and that scares me to no end. I might have gotten good with a paintbrush nowadays, but I love doing human figures. I'm not good with mechs or robots.

The last model kit I put together was a Gundam about 13 years ago. I'm a bit intimidated by the Koto REX and I know that once I get it, I have this compulsion to put it together immediately, and we all know that's no way to approach a model kit.

I'm also not sure if looks good painted by hand. I did a Google search but didn't find much.

To be honest, I don't know that much about putting together a model kit and that scares me to no end. I might have gotten good with a paintbrush nowadays, but I love doing human figures. I'm not good with mechs or robots.

If I recall correctly, someone over at the ThreeA forum painted REX by hand and it didn't look too bad. You can also experiment with sponge painting; I think that's how ThreeA paints their figures.

I'm kind of freaked out about it myself :monkey1

Back