Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall correctly, someone over at the ThreeA forum painted REX by hand and it didn't look too bad. You can also experiment with sponge painting; I think that's how ThreeA paints their figures.

I'm kind of freaked out about it myself :monkey1

Thanks Solidus, that's slightly reassuring. How bout yours by the way?

I advise against hand painting model kits. It's good for certain applications, like weathering and damage, but if you want a "car" paint job you need an airbrush. You can get an good quality airbrush for a reasonable price. Then just pre-build REX and determine the camo pattern and mark it off, then start painting, glueing, and assembling. It can be a lot of work, but it's not too bad. With something like REX a lot of the work is in the small details, the camo wouldn't be too hard since it's geometric.

You just posted pics today of the new jacket. Now your selling? I dont understand your collecting habits..........

sent from a tormented past
I took pictures for the auction, but posted them here to show the jacket as its not one ive seen used. I bought the jacket to add to the figure as extra incentive for bidders to maybe bid a few $ higher than they normally would.

I advise against hand painting model kits. It's good for certain applications, like weathering and damage, but if you want a "car" paint job you need an airbrush. You can get an good quality airbrush for a reasonable price. Then just pre-build REX and determine the camo pattern and mark it off, then start painting, glueing, and assembling. It can be a lot of work, but it's not too bad. With something like REX a lot of the work is in the small details, the camo wouldn't be too hard since it's geometric.

Sigh, okay that settles it then. You've convinced me to get an airbrush.

Wait, my buddy runs an auto paint business. By any chance a car airbrush would work? :lol

Sigh, okay that settles it then. You've convinced me to get an airbrush.

Wait, my buddy runs an auto paint business. By any chance a car airbrush would work? :lol

It's all about air pressure and what the brush can spray. As long as he can control the air pressure I'm sure you could do that, as long as it can do finer work.

You lucky lucky man :pfft:

:lol

100_0107.jpg

DSCF1518.jpg

:1-1:

Ouch lol was about to go close to 70 for one.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 4

If you're good with customization, I think the $70 is probably justified. You need to swap the body, repaint the face & pads. It's actually a great figure trapped in an outdated body and non-existing paintjob.

If you're good with customization, I think the $70 is probably justified. You need to swap the body, repaint the face & pads. It's actually a great figure trapped in an outdated body and non-existing paintjob.

It's just because I bought Liquid. Thought he was pretty bad *** figure. Has a.....shall I say, it's own unique elements. I figure I need Snake to go shoulder to shoulder with him.

It's just because I bought Liquid. Thought he was pretty bad *** figure. Has a.....shall I say, it's own unique elements. I figure I need Snake to go shoulder to shoulder with him.

Well, in that case go for it man! Meryl and Sniper Wolf are great too.

Well, in that case go for it man! Meryl and Sniper Wolf are great too.

Most likely will. Anyways, I have seen so many great collections in this thread. You guys are all awesome collectors. Was curious, any of you guys have any metal gear solid tattoos? I'm getting two tats done in January. The ps3 square, triangle, circle, and X symbols on my wrist, and Foxhound symbol on my forearm.

Back