Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure. I know some of the images were used in promotion, but I don't have the specific images, or know if they released just the images themselves.

I got PAK Solid Snake, Cyborg Ninja, Meryl, and Solidus Snake today. I opened up everyone except Cyborg Ninja as I have another on the way that's open, and I won't be displaying these loose just yet. I took some close up shots. I couldn't be more pleased, especially with Solid Snake. Maybe I just got one with good paint, but Solid gives any high-end collectible a run for their money. His skin tone is very realistic. Meryl is the most surprising in hand, I didn't expect I would like her as much as I do. She's very nice. Solidus Snake is immense, I'll be picking up a second at some point.

DSC00232_zps5b9e7605.jpg

DSC00230_zps3566c65c.jpg

DSC00242_zpsfc8ff5e0.jpg

DSC00238_zpscb05426d.jpg

What kind of camera are you using those pics are nice.

Yeah, they've become pretty expensive. They don't seem to get any cheaper loose really either (though I'm always surprised to see people selling PAK figures loose). They are definitely worth saving for and tracking down imo.

It's my wife's camera, I'm not sure the exact model designation but it's a Sony Nex. I can check the box if you want the specifics? It's in the $600-$700 range, though that could be because our came with a flash that's expensive on it's own. We got it for around $600 shipped and it was on sale.

I took those pictures with no lightning, just natural light. The setting is auto. I really have no idea how to use the camera yet. The only post-adjustment I made was auto contrast. It really is a nice camera, I can't wait until I figure it out and get a proper light box, lights, and a light diffuser.

thanks snake pliskin & cqc

@cqc will u be getting the open or closed mask mcfarlane ninja regular version sometime, would be a nice adition to ur blister collection :) ..i want to get it in the future, not sure if its rare but theres a few on ebay, not at a right price tho:(

nice purchases science friction, meryl is also my favorite next to grey fox, really nice figure

@cqc will u be getting the open or closed mask mcfarlane ninja regular version sometime, would be a nice adition to ur blister collection :) ..i want to get it in the future, not sure if its rare but theres a few on ebay, not at a right price tho:(

nice purchases science friction, meryl is also my favorite next to grey fox, really nice figure

Thanks man! Yeah, I love Meryl. She's one of my favorite video game characters, a pretty tough girl that actually looks like she's taking her job seriously (i.e. no lipstick, lol). My collection is still nothing compared to most but I'm getting there slowly.

how does the zombie one look? you have any pics? no eyes =)

It has dark shades of paint around the eyes along with little smudges.. im not sure but i dont think the bandannas articulated. I dont think theres a bootleg of this cause if thats the case i should be seeing a lot of it already locally...

Not sure what youre asking me. I have every ninja/variant. The original ninja is packaged 2 different ways, so is solid snake. Im a completist but dont go as far as to get alternate packaging.

sent from a tormented past

GdnO8oZ.jpg

No offence to you, w00tw00t. Your Solid Snake looks pretty much all right, especially given what we've come to know from Play Arts Kai. I just thought of it when I saw it. The pose gave me most of the thought.

About Play Arts Kai. More than often, their paint jobs are mediocre, but underneath there, there really are some great sculpts that are wasted on the piss poor painting. Male Commander Shepard, Nathan Drake, Solid Snake and many others are large victims to that. Especially the first two.

If you look at the sculpts in prototype pictures when they are unpainted, most of the figures look nigh perfect. Such a shame. Though, if you are good at repainting/customizing or just have a friend/acquaintance who is willing to do it for a bit of money or for free, you can pretty much make your figures be dead-on plastic representatives of the games/series they are from.

I'm sure a good painter could repaint PAK Solid Snake and make him look like a dead ringer for the real deal. Of course, Play Arts Kai can't go for Hot Toys quality, since they don't charge the same amount of money (YET. Seems like they are going that way. >_>) but part of it is also down to the ugly-*** shading they are addicted to. Really.. sometimes I wonder why they keep adding that **** over and over again.

<Double post. Still haven't found the 'delete post' button, if it even exists>

Back