Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... in certain positions mine appears that way but it really isn't It's just the poor paint app giving that illusion. I hate they gave Snake brown eyes, same with the Big Boss figures.

Snake had green eyes in MGS 1&2, not sure about 4 though.

Well... in certain positions mine appears that way but it really isn't It's just the poor paint app giving that illusion. I hate they gave Snake brown eyes, same with the Big Boss figures.

Play Arts Kai would be so great if they upped their paint standards a bit. WITHOUT upping the price considerably every time.

We have mishaps here and there. And then we just have the universal cluster****s of mediocrity that are the male Commander Shepard and Nathan Drake. There should be legal persecution for selling something so horrible, something so terrible while advertising pictures that spread misinformation/false hopes about the figure.

An example:

The advertised image/the one on the Play Arts Kai box/packaging:

mass_effect_playarts_shepard_COMBO_MIN2.jpg

The actual product, for those who haven't seen it yet:

IMG_7542-620x.jpg

The face is an absolute travesty. For me, this crosses the borders of 'just a bit of slight misinformation' and into criminal territory. THIS is why returns exist. Things like these.

As for our dear, neglected (by Kojima) friend Solid Snake.. well, I think the prototype version displayed the potential for it to be very accurate. Do you agree?

20368-550x-header2.JPG.jpg

Nah Snakes head is still wrong, the proportions, bone structure and shape are wrong

I do agree it would look infinitely better with a better paint app though for sure

Nah Snakes head is still wrong, the proportions, bone structure and shape are wrong

I do agree it would look infinitely better with a better paint app though for sure

Mh, yeah. I guess you're right in that regard. But a better paint app would, for one, increase the parts that are just plain bad, and at the same time be capable of creating the illusion of the face looking as much like Snake as it can.

Play Arts Kai would be so great if they upped their paint standards a bit. WITHOUT upping the price considerably every time.

We have mishaps here and there. And then we just have the universal cluster****s of mediocrity that are the male Commander Shepard and Nathan Drake. There should be legal persecution for selling something so horrible, something so terrible while advertising pictures that spread misinformation/false hopes about the figure.

An example:

The advertised image/the one on the Play Arts Kai box/packaging:

The actual product, for those who haven't seen it yet:

The face is an absolute travesty. For me, this crosses the borders of 'just a bit of slight misinformation' and into criminal territory. THIS is why returns exist. Things like these.

As for our dear, neglected (by Kojima) friend Solid Snake.. well, I think the prototype version displayed the potential for it to be very accurate. Do you agree?

If it's any consolation, it's nowhere near as bad as Medicom/Yamato.

If it's any consolation, it's nowhere near as bad as Medicom/Yamato.

Oh, Medicom. :cuckoo:

The face of their MGS4 Raiden looks so bad. So does the hair. The rubber suit hinders the articulation badly.

Still, Play Arts Kai has some that transcend Medicom ones in badness. Again, their Shepard and Nathan Drake are great examples. Those are just plasticized pieces of ****.

Their Shepard is not even that bad. The prototype, that is:

img_5763.jpg

It still isn't quite Shepard. But like with Snake - way better. Personally, I'd love to find someone relatively cheap to get a custom Shepard face for the Play Arts Kai Shepard. Maybe someday. Or I'll do it myself eventually. (I'm trying to get into painting/sculpting/customizing myself)

Medicom has very bad paint apps, not ugly but the fact they barely use any :lol

For the most part, PAK has ugly paint apps aside from a few. It's just varying degrees of ugliness.

Medicom has very bad paint apps, not ugly but the fact they barely use any :lol

For the most part, PAK has ugly paint apps aside from a few. It's just varying degrees of ugliness.

Yeah. The majority of Play Arts Kai MGR Raidens are all right when it comes to the painting department. Not perfect, but great compared to the norm.

Yeah. The majority of Play Arts Kai MGR Raidens are all right when it comes to the painting department. Not perfect, but great compared to the norm.

Yeah I'd say they're the prettiest thus far. Although there is a few Raidens out there that have gotten dirty faces from their paint.

Yeah I'd say they're the prettiest thus far. Although there is a few Raidens out there that have gotten dirty faces from their paint.

True! Though, aren't the Raidens with QC issues (or just dirty faces) pretty much in the minority for once? If only all of their figures could be of that quality.

True! Though, aren't the Raidens with QC issues (or just dirty faces) pretty much in the minority for once? If only all of their figures could be of that quality.

Yeah I got the 5 variant Raidens and they pretty much all are fine with varying joint tightness but nothing major.

Yeah I got the 5 variant Raidens and they pretty much all are fine with varying joint tightness but nothing major.

Yep. Every time I see trainwreck Play Arts Kai figures like the two mentioned before, and for instance Kratos, I want to cry (not literally) at the potential that was lost.

Yep. Every time I see trainwreck Play Arts Kai figures like the two mentioned before, and for instance Kratos, I want to cry (not literally) at the potential that was lost.

Kratos was bad? First I'm hearing that, I don't own him. Drake has a derp face, but I think Shepard takes the cake with being the ugliest PAK.

Kratos was bad? First I'm hearing that, I don't own him. Drake has a derp face, but I think Shepard takes the cake with being the ugliest PAK.

I think Kratos was personally bad face-wise. Not nearly as bad as the other two, but the smokey shading around the eyes that Play Arts Kai are so fond of, the lips colored in such a way that it looks like lipstick. It just looks ridiculous, in my opinion. I too have seen a lot of positive reviews on Kratos, but I just laugh whenever I see it because it looks terrible to me.

And Shepard's armor is actually pretty damn beautiful and cool looking. That's the main reason I find it such a shame they botched up the face.

IMG_4826-620x.jpg

Not sure if I'm the odd one out, but looking at that face. It's just.. bad.

I guess it's easy to mend in this case. But as a consumer that expects to buy a figure that is already painted in a satisfying manner, it's a horrible job, imo.

Yeah Shepard's entire head looks awful :lol

And "smokey around the eyes" is a perfect description to what PAK does to their figures.

Yeah Shepard's entire head looks awful :lol

And "smokey around the eyes" is a perfect description to what PAK does to their figures.

To be honest, I really, REALLY wonder why they keep doing it. You'd have figured that, by now, they would have figured that the results are more than often horrifying.

With some figures, you just see them in-hand and you wonder: "What special type of idiot must have worked here to approve it as a product.."

Back