Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, good pose, Jason. Here's one from someone over at the ThreeA forum. I didn't even know REX could do this!

XimEb1W.jpg

0n4dpIj.jpg

Very nice pose bro. I did something similar but I got my Rex kinda looking sideways (I know there's no head articulation in terms of left and right, I manipulated the hip joints and moved the whole body to give the impression that he is looking to the right).

It's refreshing to see someone else finally posing this thing properly and actually taking advantage of all the articulation, instead of simply taking it out of the styrofoam, attach rail gun, push lower legs out slightly and put it on a table, like most people seem to be doing. It's boring. Don't be afraid to play with this thing guys, although it can seem scary with the joints being so stiff, it's actually pretty sturdy.

Kinda dickish post but you make a good point. Ill admit Rex is sort of intimidating to futz. Gimme time and Ill come up with some great poses to share.

Yeah, good pose, Jason. Here's one from someone over at the ThreeA forum. I didn't even know REX could do this!

XimEb1W.jpg

0n4dpIj.jpg

Wow... thats an amazing pose. For something this big and complex thats quite a feat. Starting to understand why 3A chose lighter materials for Rex. Bravo:clap

Kinda dickish post but you make a good point. Ill admit Rex is sort of intimidating to futz. Gimme time and Ill come up with some great poses to share.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a d!ck, wasn't my intention at all. Was just trying to encourage others to have a go at futzing this thing and putting it into a cool pose like it was intended to do, other than the default one most people seem to have it in. It's the equivalent of getting a 1/6 scale figure, taking it out of the box as is and putting it on your shelf, no futzing.

It is a bit intimidating, I admit. In fact, I took mine back out of the box last night to futz again as I'm trying to get measurements right for a custom case, and I had trouble getting the legs to swing outwards. Joints were extremely tight, thought they were going to snap. Going to try again today but use a hairdryer to soften them up first.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a d!ck, wasn't my intention at all. Was just trying to encourage others to have a go at futzing this thing and putting it into a cool pose like it was intended to do, other than the default one most people seem to have it in. It's the equivalent of getting a 1/6 scale figure, taking it out of the box as is and putting it on your shelf, no futzing.

It is a bit intimidating, I admit. In fact, I took mine back out of the box last night to futz again as I'm trying to get measurements right for a custom case, and I had trouble getting the legs to swing outwards. Joints were extremely tight, thought they were going to snap. Going to try again today but use a hairdryer to soften them up first.

:peace its all good. Yes the joints are really tight on mine as well. I dont have room to display him at the moment so I also take him out every now and then to try and figure out how everything works. Each time I gain a lil more confidence in what Im doing lol. This being my most expensive collectable thus far makes me very nervous! Throw on top of that its an EX version(not saying much),very limited,and took over three years to aquire...:thud: Good idea on the hairdryer,please let us know if that helps out.

so Play arts kai Raiden in ANY variant is all sold out everywhere? You can only get them on the secondary market now?

That's not at all true -

The regular black version isn't even in retailers in the USA yet - won't be until late April/early May. And the PX (Previews Exclusive) "Muscle" (Red) Variant won't be in stores until late July/early August.

That's not at all true -

The regular black version isn't even in retailers in the USA yet - won't be until late April/early May. And the PX (Previews Exclusive) "Muscle" (Red) Variant won't be in stores until late July/early August.

He didn't ask if the figure had been released, but instead asked about it's availability.

Truth is, most if not all online retailers are sold out of pre-orders.

so why did you guys double post? you have to be proactive and look for release dates. american sellers are sold out. the ones that arent are on ebay. the inferno armor is still avail at about $100.

While I'm not in US territories, the Play Arts Kai figures are usually distributed by Diamond Comics amoung other suppliers so is checking local comic book/collectible stores an option? I know Forbidden Planet and FP International still have the regular release available for domestic preorder on their website.

Was in London last week and saw one shop in Chinatown had the 3A Metal Gear Rex for £650! It wasn't in its shipper box so didn't know if it was retail or exclusise, is there a way to tell from the box?

They also had Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja for £65, which isn't a bad price...

you should get that ninja! the rex ex has a small image of snake next to rex thats it. i just spent 1/2 hr looking through the many sites i use and cant find him in stock at all. these mgs figs are becoming a "you snooze you lose" line. now that everyone knows they exist theyre buying em up like crazy. by the way the shipper says retail and exclusive with check boxes.

you should get that ninja! the rex ex has a small image of snake next to rex thats it. i just spent 1/2 hr looking through the many sites i use and cant find him in stock at all. these mgs figs are becoming a "you snooze you lose" line. now that everyone knows they exist theyre buying em up like crazy. by the way the shipper says retail and exclusive with check boxes.

I already picked up the PAK Cyborg Ninja when I was in China for an even better price last year!

Thanks for the info on 3A Rex, I still haven't picked it up and £650 seems far too steep. I wasn't planning on getting it but the photos in this thread make it so tempting...

While I'm not in US territories, the Play Arts Kai figures are usually distributed by Diamond Comics amoung other suppliers so is checking local comic book/collectible stores an option? I know Forbidden Planet and FP International still have the regular release available for domestic preorder on their website.

Was in London last week and saw one shop in Chinatown had the 3A Metal Gear Rex for £650! It wasn't in its shipper box so didn't know if it was retail or exclusise, is there a way to tell from the box?

They also had Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja for £65, which isn't a bad price...

Wow £65 thats not a bad price!

im downloading mgs 2 : sons of the parrots on psn. Ive not played it in years, and ive not completed it in about 10 years. Should be interesting

Does anyone know if the PAK raiden figures are limited? I heard that the white is limited to something like 25,000(but not sure if that's true). How many of the regular black armor ones will they be making?

PAK Solidus for 98 bucks shipped, more than 10 available if anyone is in need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Gear...9218?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3ccf8e0662

You can also get it for $89 shipped:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Metal-Gear-Solid/dp/B008HX08LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364142177&sr=8-1&keywords=play+arts+solidus"]https://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Metal-Gear-Solid/dp/B008HX08LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364142177&sr=8-1&keywords=play+arts+solidus[/ame]

Back