Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im usually really good for testing figures limits, and theres 0 chance its going to kneel! You basically cant even have 1 leg infront of another like he is walking. The outfit is so tight that it holds the legs in place, and if you do force them in to a pose it springs them back.

The figure looks great in hand, so it isnt a reason not to buy it. But its basically a statue from the waist down

Damn that sucks man! I mean, I don't normally do full dynamic poses anyway, but to be completely stiff below the waist is pretty annoying.

Wish Sideshow would make a damn MGS PF already, I'd buy that in a heart beat!

Guys, what's the general consensus on Hot Toys Naked Snake? Haven't really kept up with the Naked Snake thread so I'm not too sure if it's worth buying. Pro's and Con's?

I'm considering selling my Old Snake and Raiden RAH figures to fund a Naked Snake. Not my ideal Big Boss figure as I'd prefer a Tiger Stripes version, but sadly it might be all we get from Hot Toys, so I'd like to have something to represent the franchise (the RAH figures aren't even worth displaying IMO, hence why I got them boxed up).

If Big Boss isn't too popular though then I may just wait for it to drop in price and get it cheaper down the road.

Im up for buying your figures :)

this is how young snake should look imo

solidvb.jpg

Wow i like the scattered collage of mgs that is your room it looks sweet. I love where you put rex. Im also pissed at you for getting the lamp. I havent been able to order one due to my rex payment. Maybe next month. But rex will be here tomorrow for me though!!!

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Wow i like the scattered collage of mgs that is your room it looks sweet. I love where you put rex. Im also pissed at you for getting the lamp. I havent been able to order one due to my rex payment. Maybe next month. But rex will be here tomorrow for me though!!!

I get my replacement lamp today from Konami, hopefully it works...

im thinking rex is much smaller than i anticipated. maybe everyone keeps making him sit. i hope my area isnt too big.........im going to have to articulate him as wide and tall as possible. like this pic here:

I I think what I'm trying to say is nobody messes with his knee articulation they sit him on the support struts or mess with the pack and head there's gotta be more articulation in the hips and knees to get him taller.

im thinking rex is much smaller than i anticipated. maybe everyone keeps making him sit. i hope my area isnt too big.........im going to have to articulate him as wide and tall as possible. like this pic here:

Nah, they're not making him sit, he just isn't as big as some pics make him out to be to be honest. When I unboxed mine, whilst I did think it was big, I didn't think it was as big as initially thought.

I'm going to pose mine like in that pic also.

If you really want him to look BIG, rotate his legs all the way forward and have him fully standing with no heel support, like shown in Rad Toy Review.

Nah, they're not making him sit, he just isn't as big as some pics make him out to be to be honest. When I unboxed mine, whilst I did think it was big, I didn't think it was as big as initially thought.

I'm going to pose mine like in that pic also.

If you really want him to look BIG, rotate his legs all the way forward and have him fully standing with no heel support, like shown in Rad Toy Review.

I would, but it's too damn dangerous to leave him that way.

I would, but it's too damn dangerous to leave him that way.

I haven't tried it yet, but those who have reckon it's pretty stable once you balance it out properly. I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see how it sits. If it looks really good but I don't feel comfortable leaving it that way, I might get 2 acrylic stands made up to hold him up, kind of like this:

threeAray.jpg

I'm not worried about him falling over because I'm putting him in a corner as long as he leans slightly backwards I should have no problem standing him up higher

By the way that picture of Ray looks crazy I can't wait for the pre order for that hopefully it doesn't take another year past the pre order to actually get the thing

Back