Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two most obsessive MGS collectors that I know of are ViolentSnake and Hideo_Kojima_Italia. I'm sure you know of them :lol. VS did a good job of documenting all of the known MGS items and their rarity, and he had practically everything relating to MGS. Maybe he was obsessive, but he did a great service for MGS collectors when Diesnake was around a few years ago. As for that Italia guy, he just seems to have all of the problems that crowing horse mentioned (and worse) - I'm not particularly fond of that character.

Last edited:
If I had the cash I would definitely be in the top tier of MGS collectors, but I don't have the cash to buy the obscure stuff.

If I had the cash I would definitely be in the top tier of MGS collectors, but I don't have the cash to buy the obscure stuff.

Mentioning obscure things, have you ever seen that ridiculously expensive MGS meat can on EBay? It's literally a can of expired meat with a MGS label sticker label attached! It sells for a few hundred bucks :rotfl

Mentioning obscure things, have you ever seen that ridiculously expensive MGS meat can on EBay? It's literally a can of expired meat with a MGS label sticker label attached! It sells for a few hundred bucks :rotfl

Wasn't that a Snake Eater promotion? :lol

Again, I wasn't trying to criticize or unjustly point the finger at you WellCQCaboutthat; like I said, I was an obsessive completest for years and I had literally at least one MIB figure from the MOTU 200x line, the Kaiyodo Fist of the North Star 200x line, as well as most of the Star Wars line from 1998 - 2003.

When I was in the military (2000 - 2003) my wife and I moved to SoCal with nothing. When we moved back to the midwest in 2003, we moved 220 boxes measuring 24" x 36" x 24"...and over 90 of the boxes were full of MIB toys. THAT was the straw that broke the camel's back and this helped me realize I simply couldn't continue to sink my disposable money into a toy collection I wasn't really enjoying. I was buying toys to simply have and own instead of buying toys to enjoy them.

My point - as a collector who's been obsessed with collecting - is if you don't really enjoy what you're spending your disposable money on, you're doing it wrong ;) :)

That said, I did pre-order both the regular version of PAK MGR Raiden and the "Flesh Suit" version (PX Exclusive, below), which I actually think is awesome since it really does look like his muscles are exposed under his armor. :yess:

STK529191.jpg

Last edited:
This one is by far my favorite.

I do think Square is taking advantage of die-hard fans with so many variants too; I'm just thankful I no longer feel I need to buy 'em all!

Thank you that's all I was saying from the beginning can't wait for this figure either at least it's going to be early August

Sent from the Shell by codec.

So i just opened my 3A Rex, and the detail is amazing. I am disappointed though, the plastic doesn't feel as expensive as i anticipated.

My biggest complaint is the colour. Rex is not Olive green! I want him grey!!!!!

so i may sell it soon, i could use the cash

So i just opened my 3A Rex, and the detail is amazing. I am disappointed though, the plastic doesn't feel as expensive as i anticipated.

My biggest complaint is the colour. Rex is not Olive green! I want him grey!!!!!

so i may sell it soon, i could use the cash

That was the same complaint a lot of people had that it feels cheap. I don't mind though, I just wish they had better working joints and jaws that were not crooked :slap.

I like the accessories. The figure also looks really flexible, so that's a big plus. I don't like this pose though :lol

CFL.Ta1G2xBTvNlWAfPRag.jpg

What the ____?

OMG I have just clicked who this reminds me of!
Anybody remember the cleaning made nudist dude from Eurotrash, the one with nee neck?

That was the same complaint a lot of people had that it feels cheap. I don't mind though, I just wish they had better working joints and jaws that were not crooked :slap.

How bad is either of these issues? It seems like some people have had nothing good to say about Rex while others seem completely happy with it. If its really as badly made as some claim i may just resell it.

But i am curious, is it actually made out of Gunpla or Gundam Model quality plastics as some have claimed, even the joints? If you had to guess is it either PVC, Polystyrene, or ABS plastic? If its PVC or even Polystyrene that is ridiculous. ABS is the only plastic out of them i would remotely trust to hold up at all molded and assembled into something as big as Rex.:slap

How bad is either of these issues? It seems like some people have had nothing good to say about Rex while others seem completely happy with it. If its really as badly made as some claim i may just resell it.

But i am curious, is it actually made out of Gunpla or Gundam Model quality plastics as some have claimed, even the joints? If you had to guess is it either PVC, Polystyrene, or ABS plastic? If its PVC or even Polystyrene that is ridiculous. ABS is the only plastic out of them i would remotely trust to hold up at all molded and assembled into something as big as Rex.:slap

I'm almost certain it's ABS.

I think the one thing that I'll cut ThreeA some slack with is the build quality of this figure. From an engineering standpoint, if you want to reduce the weight, price and shipping costs, you're going to have to cut down on the amount of materials (plastic in this case). Well, either that, or they could have made the figure smaller and more expensive with more plastic - but that wouldn't be good.

I think the one thing that I'll cut ThreeA some slack with is the build quality of this figure. From an engineering standpoint, if you want to reduce the weight, price and shipping costs, you're going to have to cut down on the amount of materials (plastic in this case). Well, either that, or they could have made the figure smaller and more expensive with more plastic - but that wouldn't be good.

For something like this, I would not of accepted something small in scale. I think they nailed it making it 1/48. It's not too big not to be displayed and it doesn't feel toy like. It's also a lot lighter than you think it would be by looking at it. I just wish the head turned and the railgun could be removed without running the risk of breaking.

Having the panels removable was genius.

By the way I got my epoxy last week for my Liquid Snake pilot mold. I might start it next week after messing with Metal Gear Rising more.

Back