Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more PAK Raidens are in the pipeline. Their building a power rangers team.

PlayArtsKai_Raiden_Yellow_Figure_MGSTV.jpg

PlayArtsKai_Raiden_Blue_Figure_MGSTV.jpg

If I was at the Revoltech Snake unveiling, I'd yell "BORINGGGG!."

Don't get me wrong, I'll get it, and it looks okay. But why release this when we have play arts? Why not do something new, like I dunno, Metal Gear Acid figures? Now that's something!

Ghost Babel figures...DAYUM

Anyone else get a shipping soon email? Have had my Rex Pre-ordered for what feels like a year at Sideshow, live in the states, and i have not gotten a shipping soon email. I ordered it early in the fall.

Anyone else get a shipping soon email? Have had my Rex Pre-ordered for what feels like a year at Sideshow, live in the states, and i have not gotten a shipping soon email. I ordered it early in the fall.

It's okay, if you ordered on flexpay, you won't get a shipping soon email. If not, then it's still going to be shipping soon lol. Not everyone receives the emails at the same time.

Yea now we have 5 versions of Raiden as well as an mgs2 version are these people just being *******s at this point I'm pissed off that I have to buy the same figure five Times this is borderline abusive to the consumer

Sent from the Shell by codec.

I know that a lot of people don't like the head sculpt. but i just really love it!! and I read that the left eye can be adjusted lol. I mean this figure have a lot of good stuff with a good price.

68.jpg

edit:

36.jpg

I think the unpainted prototype looks 10x better!

Maybe I'll just spray mine with grey primer :lol

I was just thinking, weren't there minature Metal Gear Rays in MSG4? Would that make the 3A Metal Gear Ray somewhat in scale with the PAK figures?

-

i dont remember that at all and i beat mgs4 a few times. there were however 3 versions of the gekko. dwarf, original, and the suicide ones. the original ones were smaller than the suicide one but were heavily armed. the suicide ones had minor speech and had like only 2 weapons. the dwarf gekkos were the little 3 legged things also known as scarabs. they ride on the back of gekkos and were there to stun and disorient enemies.

Last edited:
Yea now we have 5 versions of Raiden as well as an mgs2 version are these people just being *******s at this point I'm pissed off that I have to buy the same figure five Times this is borderline abusive to the consumer.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Please explain.

You're saying you "have to buy" the same figure five times?

WHY exactly?

I'm only curious as I find fans and collectors who are completists are often the most miserable, hateful, angry and disgruntled collectors out there - even if their collections are incredible, amazing and outstanding.

I'd rather be joyful in my collecting and my favorite ONE version of a character in action figure form than 20 versions of the same character or figure and be angry about it...not to mention poor too!

Just saying...

im not miserable. i just dont understand the need for 5 versions. we get it he changes color and gets new abilities. i was fine with just the white variant. im glad they make every color to choose from so YOU end up getting the color YOU want. im not going to explain why when you answered your own question. yes im a completist, they know these things and capitalize off of us. these will all go for 200 a piece in the aftermarket which makes them harder to get. just because you have a tight budget or you have a certain way you like to collect dont make me out to be a collector with a garbage attitude. :cuckoo:i have a right to be mad about things just like you do.:dunno im sure some would agree with my point of view.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Please explain.

You're saying you "have to buy" the same figure five times?

WHY exactly?

I'm only curious as I find fans and collectors who are completists are often the most miserable, hateful, angry and disgruntled collectors out there - even if their collections are incredible, amazing and outstanding.

I'd rather be joyful in my collecting and my favorite ONE version of a character in action figure form than 20 versions of the same character or figure and be angry about it...not to mention poor too!

Just saying...

I agree, I only bought the Jungle Fatigues Snake PAK when released and skipped the Sneaking Suit version since the first one was more "in game accurate", I always thought that the Sneaking Suit should be a part of a MPO line (or, a MGS3 line, but I rather have for it a Naked Snake 2-eyed Jack figure), or even a Ground Zeroes figure, since it seems that is going to be the "game iconic outfit" and at the moment, for me, the only reason to buy a repaint is for a new accessory or something, like the red Gray Fox (still a not cool move by SE) and now since they announced human Raiden, gonna skip Revengeance model since, I have this deep feeling that MGR wont be a game worth of carrying the Metal Gear name (used to be super hyped about it and PO'd it and it saddens me that some hc fans that already played the game refer to it as a "parody to the franchise"), but again, imho

im not miserable. i just dont understand the need for 5 versions. we get it he changes color and gets new abilities. i was fine with just the white variant. im glad they make every color to choose from so YOU end up getting the color YOU want. im not going to explain why when you answered your own question. yes im a completist, they know these things and capitalize off of us. these will all go for 200 a piece in the aftermarket which makes them harder to get. just because you have a tight budget or you have a certain way you like to collect dont make me out to be a collector with a garbage attitude. :cuckoo:i have a right to be mad about things just like you do.:dunno im sure some would agree with my point of view.

Yeah, you do have the right to your own opinion. You also have the right to spend your $ however you see fit. But if you complain about something like this, you also have the opportunity to vote against it with your $ by not purchasing. If you whine about something and have every opportunity to act against it but don't, having a garbage attitude is the least of your worries...

KBA is right here. The best way to speak out against variants is to simply not buy them.

And I'm not saying you have a garbage attitude, though you sure *sound* like you're not happy about at least some of your collecting habits from what you've posted here...and only YOU can change that.

Since only YOU can decide not to buy 5 of the exact same figure with different color aps and tell the company that you won't tolerate it, it's really up to you...and if you DO buy them or you "have to buy" them, then please don't complain about it on here since...well...you are the one deciding to do it.

I used to be a completist and I bought EVERYTHING for the lines I collected...and I know it's hard to admit, but it's an addiction and there is something wrong with you - psychologically - when you spend money on things you don't really like simply to own them. It's a real condition and it took me a long time to realize it...and when I did finally realize - a few years too late - that collecting everything (especially the stuff I didn't like) wasn't simply a waste of money and space, but a waste of time and energy and a joy suck, well...it changed my entire attitude towards a hobby I still love 20 years after starting.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
If you do buy it, don't gripe about it.
If you gripe about it, at least realize you're the one who's projecting your negative attitude on others who really don't want anything to do with the negativity - don't expect sympathy.

not really understanding why my opinion as causing such an uproar. relax. sympathy? what are you talking about? im not here to win approval, i merely post my thoughts on mgs. you came to complain about complaining.

Jess does make a good point about not having to buy everything. For me, anyway, I find it better (for the sake of my sanity and my wallet) to just concentrate on one type of theme for my collection. I like 1/6 scale figures, so for the most part, I'll mainly stick to Hot Toys when it comes to MGS. I've skipped out on most of the Play Arts line because there are just too many figures, and I don't believe that the quality justifies the high price point.

I hope to be done with high-end collecting after this year is up, especially if Hot Toys does not produce more MGS figures. Lord knows, everything has gotten too expensive, and I'd rather use my money for some other things, instead of continued investment in plastic display pieces.

Last edited:
Jess does make a good point about not having to buy everything. For me, anyway, I find it better (for the sake of my sanity and my wallet) to just concentrate on one type of theme for my collection. I like 1/6 scale figures, so for the most part, I'll mainly stick to Hot Toys when it comes to MGS. I've skipped out on most of the Play Arts line because there are just too many figures, and I don't believe that the quality justifies the high price point.

I hope to be done with high-end collecting after this year is up, especially if Hot Toys does not produce more MGS figures. Lord knows, everything has gotten too expensive, and I'd rather use my money for some other things, instead of continued investment in plastic display pieces.

I've been collecting MGS for over 10 years, but I'm very selective of what I want to get. I'll be frank and admit that when I first learned that people try to collect a variation of everything , I was shocked.

For the record, I have NOTHING against Youtubers such as SEANLONG, but when I saw his apartment videos, it struck me that it seems collecting has become more pathological than just a cool hobby.

Back