Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bologna - that brings back memories. The last time I had it, I was probably 9 years old. Hmmm... wasn't too fond of it either.

I'm in for Rex to the bitter end. Bought it from a private seller friend for the wholesale price and already put $100 down and I still think it looks like a pretty impressive display piece despite the problems.

Yup. All issues aside, this will most likely be the most impressive looking MG REX figure that we will ever see in our lifetimes (unless Hot Toys should ever decide to create one themselves). I've paid out most of the flex payments on Sideshow and I'm just waiting for it to ship.

Last edited:
OMG this Xtra Snake is plain crap. I have no regret now from missing the exclusive edition. Buying mine from a HK seller was finally the best choice. Spared me the drama and all the waiting for such a miserable piece of .... Will buy my Ray the same way, no Babaland **** for me thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went for the Kotobukiya Rex model over the 3A Rex model for several reasons:

- 3A's Rex is way expensive
- 3A's Rex is way too big... Wouldn't even know where to put that beast.
- Kotobukiya's Rex will fit nicely next to the Peace Walker mechas, Shagohod Model (MGS3 japan Premium Package model) and Mc Farlane's Ray Model. I know they're not all the same scale, but their differences in scale is not that exaggerated compared to 3A's
- Kotobukiya's packaging is way superior to 3A's
- Now that I saw the ****ty snake figurine, I'm happy I never bought it 3A's Rex. Kotobukiya's figurines are tiny and still have more details and are more accurate than 3A's piece of **** figurine.

Edit:

Oh and 3A's Rex is missing a part from the Radome. I've got a think for accuracy and the tiniest inaccuracy will put me off.

Last edited:
You're right. That's why I hired a professional Scale Modeler to paint it for me. :)

I 2nd this, how much did you pay :horror

Did you assemble it and then ship it to him?

I would definitely throw my cash his way if he's interested, along as the painting wouldn't cost a bundle.

Did he paint the minifigs too?

I 2nd this, how much did you pay :horror

Did you assemble it and then ship it to him?

I would definitely throw my cash his way if he's interested, along as the painting wouldn't cost a bundle.

Did he paint the minifigs too?

Around a $100, thankfully he's local, so I just handed it over to him, minus the box... I wanna be able to admire the awesome package while he works on it... :) Might even frame it someday if it takes too much space.

Below are examples of his work.

img_4216.jpg

13647427.jpg

He told me that he only enjoyed working on Tanks... so you can imagine his face when I told him, "Oh this is a Tank alright... It's a Nuclear Warhead Walking Tank... A tank with legs"

Would he take commissions? 100$ plus the minifigs painted is well worth it.

By the way my proxy got back to me on REX. He's waiting on a tracking number but in all likelihood he might end up having it on his doorstep by the time he gets it since you guys are getting it this week too :clap

I have a four day weekend coming up and this would be a perfect thing to see on my shelf right now :D

Back