Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I should've done this before, but any future MGS sculpts I will post here as well so you guys that may not check the custom section of the board don't miss out.

Love this figure. Can't wait for Big Boss.
IMAG0906.jpg

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

IMAG0911.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

That figure came out great :rock

Been a while since I've come in here. Any word on the release date for the 3A rex? Its space I had cleared out for it gathered dust and clutter months ago.

That figure came out great :rock

Been a while since I've come in here. Any word on the release date for the 3A rex? Its space I had cleared out for it gathered dust and clutter months ago.

We don't talk about 3A Rex around these parts...:nono

Just kidding honestly no one knows, including 3A themselves but that's how they always handle things. I think the fellow boardies have been saying December or January. I doubt it will make it in time for Christmas unless they do a surprise ship out within the next few days. Wouldn't be surprised if we did not get it till February either since 3A takes as many breaks as possible so they'll probably extend their holiday deep into January.

Haha yeah I was just taking a peak back in this thread and saw the **** storm about it :lol

Pretty crappy situation. Give me my Bamba Rex and I'll be done with the company.

Haha yeah I was just taking a peak back in this thread and saw the **** storm about it :lol

Pretty crappy situation. Give me my Bamba Rex and I'll be done with the company.

That's how most of us feel. We don't want to deal with them again. At the rate things are going it will be nearly twelve months since we preordered from Bambaland before we actually get the product. That's absolutely ridiculous. It was a good two years of prototypes before that too. There's no way I am bothering with Ray or much of 3A anymore, but well we've all said this a dozen times already at this point :lol

Just received my play arts Meryl tow days ago, and I have solidos on preorder. I missed snake and cyborg.. Should I buy them? Or do you guys recommend another solid snake instead? Again I really hope hottoys make solid snake from the first game.

Just received my play arts Meryl tow days ago, and I have solidos on preorder. I missed snake and cyborg.. Should I buy them? Or do you guys recommend another solid snake instead? Again I really hope hottoys make solid snake from the first game.

How could you prioritize Meryl over Snake? Of course you should get em'! Be careful though, there are plenty of these alleged "bootlegs" being sold though.

Play Arts Kai has bootlegs?

Oh yes they do Monger! I've seen plenty of Final Fantasy bootlegs but awhile ago these bootlegs have spread to other franchises including MGS. Snake and ninja definitely have bootlegs. Either that or Square Enix has some serious QC issues.

How could you prioritize Meryl over Snake? Of course you should get em'! Be careful though, there are plenty of these alleged "bootlegs" being sold though.

I did not :( it's a long story man.
Sorry for the question but what's the bootlegs you are talking about.?

I did not :( it's a long story man.
Sorry for the question but what's the bootlegs you are talking about.?

Apparently, there are bootlegs (at least for MGS) of Solid Snake, Ninja and BD Big Boss. Its existence was never confirmed by Square Enix, but a lot of people who bought them were really mad. Just be careful okay?

Check out this link. It helped me greatly as I almost bought a so-called "bootleg" ninja.
https://jeri-reyes.blogspot.com/2012/04/play-arts-kai-solid-snake-metal-gear.html

Thanks for heads up Ryan. idk I'm not really happy too with Meryl.. Somtimes the head sculpt looks different than the concept. im going to buy cyborg and snake from eBay tomorrow.. I really hope I can find a good one...

Thank you so much for the warning Ryan I was completely unaware the PAK market had started to get hit by bootlegs. I'll definitely have to be careful with where I buy from.

I feel like PAK is going to be a hard lineup to identity bootlegs for early on because the final product tends to look drastically different from the promotional shots.

Glad to be helpful guys. Years ago I bought some PAK Advent Children figures off ebay and they were really bad- poor paint apps, dull packaging, bad smell of plastic, etc. I found out the sad truth much later. :(

From then on I'd always PM any seller selling PAK figures if I get them off ebay. One even accused this Jeri Reyes guy of ruining his business! He told me I have no reason to believe his blog because Square Enix never confirmed such a rumor.

If that's the case then why the heck are there so many questionable QC issues with them? I'd rather play safe and buy the "perceived authentic" versions.

wow monger as active as you are in these threads i cant believe that you didnt know about the bootlegs. at first i thought you were joking. as far as i knew it was snake, ninja, and bb sneaking suit. ive never seen anything about bb but its been mentioned. i definitely saw pics of some bootleg mgs1 PAK.

Wow I was thinking of ordering another PAK MGS1 Snake from ebay sellers but have to watch out now.

Totally should have bought 2, got mine signed by David Hayter :yess: a while back and now I don't want to open it :gah:

Wow I was thinking of ordering another PAK MGS1 Snake from ebay sellers but have to watch out now.

Totally should have bought 2, got mine signed by David Hayter :yess: a while back and now I don't want to open it :gah:

sick. if you want to know an ebay seller post them in here and maybe a boardie will know or have purchased from this seller. its EZR that way. btw when i order from a seller i make sure its a legit store with lots of sales. lot harder to get ripped off like that. one thing i do is see if theyre selling anything else PAK. if not its prolly not safe.

I thought I might repaint the face of Medicom Cold War Snake, but does the head come off without any problems. It seemed a bit tight and since those are prone to break, I left it be for now.

BTW: does anyone knows where I could find this picture of repainted Medicom Croc Cap Snake head (I beleiev it was that one). I remember it was in this topic but this is 531 pages long. Yesterday I went through more or less randomly about 50 pages, but couldn't find it. I don't remember who has it or who painted it, and the search isn't helping.

Back