Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, shinkawa/kojima are midgets. the thing is going to look massive next to them of course. what you have to remember is the picture of MG ray. the thing looked twice as tall as frank. rex even with its cockpit lowered looks only a little bit taller than ninja. ray is going to tower over rex. that sucks seeing in mgs 4 they were basically the same height. im not pleased seeing ill never refuse buying these and due to the space i have ill have to put both of these jawnskis next to eachother. WTF!!!!!!!! btw i just got my version zero PW snake and my croc cap rah today. BONG!!!!

man thats always the same when they post pictures. Those fellows in asia are in common smaller then caucasian ppl. The other thing is relations in a picutre when they use wideangle. Even if just hold it in front of your belly it will look like big as. And even more if the dude is large like mugsy bouges...

so far

Coke cans are the same size though, and that rest is HUGE :monkey1

A regular pop can is just under 5 inches tall. 3A states Rex is 20in tall when standing upright, If you want a real world idea of how tall Rex is standing up,stack 4 pop cans on top of each other. Also his width is close (within half an inch) to 3 pop cans. He isnt as big as I initally thought but he is still a BIG figure. And as far the colors go who here has actually seen the true color of Rex? MGS had such dramatic blue and gray color levels I couldnt tell exactly what shade of anything he was. Same with the color filters on MGS4. All in all Id rather have a slightly more vibrant and newer looking Rex than some dull old rusty one. And for me a green rex fits in better for a land based military vehicle rather than blue;a US Airforce or US Navy color. I think they did an excellent job. Cannot wait for this dude!

its easy guys just take the foto whit fox and zoom it to his original size and you'll have a pretty good idea of how big rex really is...
i did it and i think its pretty big...to me is the perfect scale not to big nither too small to display

pd:you can do it whit the coke aswellif you dont have fox

It is subjektive. I use a CD Cover for comparing. Sideshow has the apple for what stupid reason soever.

So usaly I check the manufacturer's data with a measuring tape and watch all the user pictures, but in the end, when the Kaneda bike arrived I was stunned by size, weight, depth etc.

Where did you get your Zero version and how much?

from ebay. i troll for deals daily. he was 200 with best offer. stupid people were sending offers to save a couple bucks. i went in and stole it. the crock cap i got new for 100 the guy didnt know how to list and cared more about showing off his vast collection and put the item way down the pic line. no one cared to look at it and i sniped that at the end of the listing. i also got one of those vcd vinyl figs (the clear variant) for 20 bucks. the box was banged up tho. if you wanna see pics i can post i always wondered how big they were, but no one ever posted pics.

Rex looks smaller because he's hunched low ;)

As for the Paint it looksnlike the lighting to me, in all the official pics from the VOX newsletter to product pics to these latest the paint-job looks the same but darker or brighter depending on the lighting.

I'm not worried, except about where to put it :lol

For me this will be THE collectible of 2012 :lecture

New images and details for MGS Kotobukiya REX 1/100 model
https://mecha-guy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/metal-gear-rex-kotobukiya-plastic-model.html?m=1
UdIVgTmVIwIFKhSK2S8zRA.jpg

OH MAH ****ING GAWD!!!

Not for nothing, I'm looking forward more to the Koto version than the 3A.

MINIFIGS PLEASE COME PAINTED PLEASE COME PAINTED PLEASE COME PAINTED!!!!!!

Looks great!
Also hope it comes pre-painted with the $100+ price tag.

The 3a will still be the crown jewel of any MGS collection imo.

Oh fudge that looks incredible. I love that it comes with light-up features as well, although that may drive up the price substantially. I'm definitely getting one of these for a custom paint job!

Looks great!
Also hope it comes pre-painted with the $100+ price tag.

The 3a will still be the crown jewel of any MGS collection imo.

It's actually around 80$ US

Oh fudge that looks incredible. I love that it comes with light-up features as well, although that may drive up the price substantially. I'm definitely getting one of these for a custom paint job!

I think that's photoshop. As far as I know they never had any electronics in their kits.

Custom paint jobs got to be Desert/ Snow/ and Digital if possible :monkey3

It's actually around 80$ US

I think that's photoshop. As far as I know they never had any electronics in their kits.

Custom paint jobs got to be Desert/ Snow/ and Digital if possible :monkey3

$80 really? That's better, I just punched the Yen amount into a currency converter and it spit out $103.

$80 really? That's better, I just punched the Yen amount into a currency converter and it spit out $103.

I sincerely apologize, the link I found was wrong. You have the correct amount.

103$ isn't too bad for a model of REX. Definitely better than over 400$ for 3A's REX, which I'm also waiting for 3A to ship :monkey3

Not going to lie the Kotobukiya kit looks better than the 3A Rex and for significantly cheaper. It's a lot smaller though. I'm starting to really lose hype on 3A Rex. Hopefully new pictures of it as it starts to surface in September will make me not regret the purchase.

Back